CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosario Garcia located after seven months • Idyllwild Town Crier
Thank You for the news @tvscum. You keep us in the know. Wow, fascinating details on what efforts were made and the people involved in locating her. What a relief it must be for Rosario's family that she's been found. I don't know if they'll ever get answers as to why she ended up in that area.

As I was searching out info today, I just happened to run across this news report from August 2020 when there were six people in the Idyllwild area believed to be missing.
Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Investigating Several Disappearances In Idyllwild Area – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com) August 6, 2020
If you watch the video, at the 0:34 mark on the video shows the area where Rosario's car was found and her daughter talks about not understanding how her car ended up there.

Remember, Rosario's "car was found abandoned, stuck on a boulder up a steep dirt road along Highway 74 in Pinyon Pines, near Idyllwild."

This all gives me hope that Dia Abrams will be found.

It may help, maybe, maybe not... Canadian Paul Miller a hiker that succumbed in Joshua Tree was located by a group that painstakingly analyzes drone footage section by section, maybe they can help?...
Images from a drone – flown over the area in November by the Utah-based nonprofit organization, Western States Aerial Search.
"Perhaps we would have found Paul eventually, but it would have taken a lot longer without their help," Robinson said.

Remains found in Joshua Tree National Park identified as Canadian Paul Miller
Your post mentioned WSAS. People get lost in such harsh, rugged places. These search teams and organizations are dedicated, wonderful, and such a blessing.

"Garcia’s remains were located
500 feet from her vehicle Jan. 24 by the Fowler-O’Sullivan Foundation with
the help of Western States Aerial Search." 

BBM / SAVE

I noticed in the most recent cbs8 article, it described KH as “her boyfriend”, as opposed to “fiancé”. So I got curious about it, and went back to their older articles:

8/19/20: “KH identified himself as Abrams’ fiancé”
8/25/20: “Abrams lived with her fiancé, KH”
9/2/20: “seized an RV owned by Abrams’ fiancé, KH”
10/1/20: “The man claiming to be the fiancé”
1/11/21: “The self-proclaimed fiancé”
2/16/21: “Abrams, 65, was last seen on June 6 by her boyfriend, KH”

MOO - I think there may be doubt in the investigative reporter’s mind if KH really was the fiancé, as he’s claimed? I wonder if other friends and family had no idea they were going to be wed. Anyway, it was just interesting to me.
Just musing.
MOO
CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8 | cbs8.com | cbs8.com

I wonder if other friends and family had no idea they were going to be wed. Anyway, it was just interesting to me.
Just musing.
MOO only -- To this day I am not convinced he was her fiancé. He gave the date, sometime in July, and place of the wedding, but Dia's friends or her own children didn't seem to know, but then not many gave interviews when she went missing sadly. Dia's FB didn't even mention him or announce the so called wedding. A lady from her gun club said Dia never talked about him like her bf. We know from Isidro though that Dia gave KH power to treat Isidro like a slave and cut his hours. Why did she sign those papers and give him the ability to take over in the event of her death? It just so happens she may have lost her life within weeks after signing. Bugs me.

Is her family desperately wanting Dia to be found? That's news after all this time. JMO though.

MOO, thoughts and speculations

Posting this to honor the memory of these two women finally found. The Erika Lloyd case was sometimes included along with all the other missing people in the greater area. This month the remains of Rosario Garcia and now Erika Lloyd have been found. Erika was initially planning on going to Big Sur, but for some reason went to the desert. (It may only be a matter of time, effort, and resources before Dia is found.)

Found Deceased - CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020 | Page 24 (websleuths.com)

Walnut Creek Woman's Body Found In Desert | Walnut Creek, CA Patch
"WALNUT CREEK, CA — Erika Ashley Lloyd of Walnut Creek vanished last summer while on a trip to Joshua Tree National Park."

"Her black Honda sedan was found June 16 — abandoned and vandalized — near Highway 62 in the Twentynine Palms area, by the California Highway Patrol."

"Lloyd was believed to be traveling alone to the remote high desert park."

I'm with some of the people here. Beings we can't find Dia....let's look at what we know and could find out for sure. The so called Fiance...I'd love to hear from one person who knew for a fact that they were going to be married...or knew they were a serious couple for that matter. I'd love to talk to the Water heater guy and put him to the test as to seeing her on the day she disappeared. What is is his history? Is he like KH with questionable past? I still feel KH got rid of her before he claimed her missing. He made sure everything was done right before calling anyone. If there were responses on her facebook or any social media on the day of her missing...did he post them to make it look like she did it and was home? He had a lot of time think about it. He said in the one interview he was prior law enforcement....sounds like he was actually on the wrong end of law enforcement. He probably buried her body or incinerated it some way long before the date he claims he last saw her. There is an old saying "No body, no conviction" Living out there (and I've been to the property) no one would know if you were back behind those locked gates or not. You could hide out for ever and lie about dates and times. I really hope we find out the truth...I hope law enforcement knows more! and can find more. On a happier note...I'm glad the Garcia Family got closure...it's always better to know....

One more thing...My humble opinion of KH is not a good one. I personally think given all I've seen and heard that this was very much premeditated. That finding her body just laying some place is not likely. He had all the time in the world in my opinion. He probably made sure that she could not be found before saying a word about her missing. This is going to be and has already been a tough one. We can only hope at this point.

I just came across this site. My stepmom knows KH from high school. After this happened with Dia, KH contacted her and told her this story. It just doesn’t feel right.

Welcome to Websleuths, @lottasaquestions. :) I’m curious if he had been in touch with your stepmom fairly recently or was this call an out-of-the-blue rare call. It certainly doesn’t sound right!

Hi all I am new to this forum but I wanted to put a few things out here about Dia. I met her in October of 2016 and was at her property a couple times. She said she was single and had no interest in meeting anyone. I met KH (he was a big jerk) and according to Dia KH was her grounds keeper. The news stated Dia children wanted cameras installed. Why as she already had cameras. There is no cell service in that area. Had to drive almost to Hwy 74 to get service. She didn’t have a 22 hand gun but a 357 magnum. I know this because she pointed it at me one morning on a planned visit. She told me she doesn’t leave the house without it. Her goal was to sale the property and move closer to her kids as she couldn’t afford the property anymore. Also the transfer of trust was not signed by her as her legal name is not Dia, but Lydia therefore the trust is not a legal document.

Here is a few questions I have.
1) Where are the security cameras?
2) where is her 357 magnum along with other weapons she told me she had like an AR15
3) the legal trust she supposedly signed, why hasn’t her signature been examined to verify it was her signature?
4) she has a nice Humvee and a Lincoln on her property, where are these vehicles?
5) if she was engaged, why isn’t there other post of Dia and KH posted on social media. She hated KH from what she told me.
6) how was KH able to make a call or text on his cell phone but everyone who goes there does not have service?

I'm with some of the people here. Beings we can't find Dia....let's look at what we know and could find out for sure. The so called Fiance...I'd love to hear from one person who knew for a fact that they were going to be married...or knew they were a serious couple for that matter. I'd love to talk to the Water heater guy and put him to the test as to seeing her on the day she disappeared. What is is his history? Is he like KH with questionable past? I still feel KH got rid of her before he claimed her missing. He made sure everything was done right before calling anyone. If there were responses on her facebook or any social media on the day of her missing...did he post them to make it look like she did it and was home? He had a lot of time think about it. He said in the one interview he was prior law enforcement....sounds like he was actually on the wrong end of law enforcement. He probably buried her body or incinerated it some way long before the date he claims he last saw her. There is an old saying "No body, no conviction" Living out there (and I've been to the property) no one would know if you were back behind those locked gates or not. You could hide out for ever and lie about dates and times. I really hope we find out the truth...I hope law enforcement knows more! and can find more. On a happier note...I'm glad the Garcia Family got closure...it's always better to know....

Since you mentioned her Facebook account I remember seeing a post of Lydia looking for someone to come and clean her windows on the day she went missing. From what I understood she had a maid service who usually cleans windows. Just seams odd.

MOO only -- To this day I am not convinced he was her fiancé. He gave the date, sometime in July, and place of the wedding, but Dia's friends or her own children didn't seem to know, but then not many gave interviews when she went missing sadly. Dia's FB didn't even mention him or announce the so called wedding. A lady from her gun club said Dia never talked about him like her bf. We know from Isidro though that Dia gave KH power to treat Isidro like a slave and cut his hours. Why did she sign those papers and give him the ability to take over in the event of her death? It just so happens she may have lost her life within weeks after signing. Bugs me.

Is her family desperately wanting Dia to be found? That's news after all this time. JMO though.

MOO, thoughts and speculations

I am wonder why she supposedly signed the papers as well. But if you look at the signatures on both hers and the notaries signatures the “D” looks almost the same. Also her legal name is Lydia not Dia.

...She appeared in front of a notary on a Friday, May 22, 2020. :( Went missing on June 6th.
Appears to be an old 2016 trust, which makes me think the new fiance was not named in it. However, the trust could have been updated by Dia over the years/months/weeks/days to add beneficiaries. Also, it is a UDT trust, which I must admit I do not quite understand. Seems to mean Dia is the grantor and trustee:
What Does UDT Stand for in a Trust?
What Does UDT Stand for in a Trust?
"UDT is an abbreviation for “under declaration of trust,” which is the legal language used in some trust instruments to indicate that the grantor is both creating the trust and controlling its assets.

Also the transfer of trust was not signed by her as her legal name is not Dia, but Lydia therefore the trust is not a legal document.

@mah8336, I honestly don't know. I've posted some old informative posts, and one has copies of the documents you mentioned.

I think she set up that trust naming it what she named it. Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust, UDT. She seemed to be working with an attorney. I'd think an attorney would advise her. It'd be great if it didn't hold up legally. MOO, it's very suspicious that she signed and now he's in charge. She sounds like she'd know to protect herself and her estate, so I have to wonder if she was coerced.

Last edited:
Hi @mah8336 and welcome to Websleuths. :) In addition to becoming a Verified Insider, which I hope y0u will, I also hope you have contacted the police with this information and anything else you may know. It’s really important that you do this, much more important than anything you post here. You could have the missing piece of information they need. I’d also suggest that you stay far away from KH for obvious reasons. Please stick around Websleuths and become Verified. We’d love to hear what else you have to say.

Hi all I am new to this forum but I wanted to put a few things out here about Dia. I met her in October of 2016 and was at her property a couple times. She said she was single and had no interest in meeting anyone. I met KH (he was a big jerk) and according to Dia KH was her grounds keeper. The news stated Dia children wanted cameras installed. Why as she already had cameras. There is no cell service in that area. Had to drive almost to Hwy 74 to get service. She didn’t have a 22 hand gun but a 357 magnum. I know this because she pointed it at me one morning on a planned visit. She told me she doesn’t leave the house without it. Her goal was to sale the property and move closer to her kids as she couldn’t afford the property anymore. Also the transfer of trust was not signed by her as her legal name is not Dia, but Lydia therefore the trust is not a legal document.

Here is a few questions I have.
1) Where are the security cameras?
2) where is her 357 magnum along with other weapons she told me she had like an AR15
3) the legal trust she supposedly signed, why hasn’t her signature been examined to verify it was her signature?
4) she has a nice Humvee and a Lincoln on her property, where are these vehicles?
5) if she was engaged, why isn’t there other post of Dia and KH posted on social media. She hated KH from what she told me.
6) how was KH able to make a call or text on his cell phone but everyone who goes there does not have service?

Since you mentioned her Facebook account I remember seeing a post of Lydia looking for someone to come and clean her windows on the day she went missing. From what I understood she had a maid service who usually cleans windows. Just seams odd.
Very odd....could well have been made up to look like she was there and OK at the time. A generic p0st like that, that does not sound personal or offer any details could be made by any person...probably KH

Last edited:
When I go back over all the posts and read the media plus watch the videos...I get a feeling that Dia was going to fire KH. That would have taken him totally out of the picture. He would not even be on property. If he had a plan...being fired and removed would have squashed it. knowing he was out of time he may have made his move. This guy owned property and a business in another state. How did they come together? Why was he out here and not in NM where his business was and his properties? I also wonder if he knew about the Weed being grown on the other property Dia owned...or was part of it or part of hiding it from her. If there was something that big, illegal and profitable going on down the road...KH sounds like he would be a prime candidate to be involved. If Dia was going to sell the place that may have prompted action too. All that weed and making money coming to an end...or even putting the property up for sale while weed was being grown. Dangerous...dangerous people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash