Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Friday's messages were the ones cut short.

Maybe Sarurday morning's were the ones that seemed off.

Maybe they ended just before 9 because somebody needed to pick up MG and get to Salida.

Maybe Friday night in Salida was nefarious and Saturday night too. Both.

Maybe the messaging that seemed off was because "Suzanne" messaged that she was going for a SATURDAY bike ride.

Maybe Saturday was the panic day. The alibi ... work, then seen in town.... maybe the girls were expected to be home on SATURDAY, well in time to spend Mother's Day with their mom...

What if the bike met the tree on SATURDAY, only no one discovered it, giving the disappearer a chance to better cover tracks (figuratively and literally) but also necessitated a whole new alibi, for Sunday?

Those messages are going to tell the story. IMO.

JMO

I agree . Also a lot can happen behind closed doors that no one would see. Mental abuse is very real , and the letters she wrote that Barry felt the need to show , reminds me of a mentally abused woman . I don’t know that for a fact , but I definitely think he was and is the type that needs constant reassurance and that is exhausting.

Moo
MOO. BM is a constant talker, justifier.

I think it would be easy to want to believe gossip that their marriage had issues because it supports a belief as to a motive for Barry to have committed the crime. I want to belief if there were cracks in their marriage that LE has first hand tips which would be more weighty than a second or third hand report to a brother that was not that close to the Morphew family by all accounts. We shall see what transpires.

Wasn't there a tip that BM NEVER went to any of her chemo treatments with her? I thought it was revealing. My husband would absolutely go with me, no matter how long and boring and emotional it might be.

Really good theory overall :cool: but you lose me at BM impersonating Suzanne in a personal chat with her friend about sentimental wedding things.
BM 100% does not strike me as the type that could pull it off.
I could be wrong, but I'm just not seeing it. :)

jmo
I agree . I don’t think he could pull off impersonating her !
Moo

I think it would be easy to want to believe gossip that their marriage had issues because it supports a belief as to a motive for Barry to have committed the crime. I want to belief if there were cracks in their marriage that LE has first hand tips which would be more weighty than a second or third hand report to a brother that was not that close to the Morphew family by all accounts. We shall see what transpires.
See I believe Andy . I don’t think he was getting gossip . I could be wrong , but I think whoever told him that information was telling the truth. Barry’s behavior pretty much confirms it for me . Just my opinion!

And MG told the reporter he was outside her house at 4am!
See, and he was texting all night allegedly also ( or middle of the night ) this is why I think she was killed on Saturday night . I was under the impression Saturday early evening her messages abruptly stopped. I think Barry came in and got mad about something . Probably something hurt his ego or feelings , and he just couldn’t take it . My heart breaks for Suzanne and it’s so sick for people to think that they can get away with
murder.
Moo

So, he could not put up the façade any longer, IMO. Possibly the friend suggested a facetime to look at something to do with the wedding?
You could be right . Idk I just really think it happened Saturday night . There’s no way my husband would be able to pull off acting like me to my good friend through messages .
If Andy reads any of this , I really hope he comes back. He’s got to be her voice , or it will go cold , LE can only do so much after a period of time unless something brings it back to the priority list.
Moo

Last edited:
You could be right . Idk I just really think it happened Saturday night . There’s no way my husband would be able to pull off acting like me to my good friend through messages .
If Andy reads any of this , I really hope he comes back. He’s got to be her voice , or it will go cold .
Moo
You’re right, someone has to be Suzanne’s voice, and once he realized Suzanne’s husband, BM, wasn’t stepping up/showing up for her, Andy stepped into that role, and has been Suzanne’s voice ever since.
Andy has done some amazing things, organized a massive search for Suzanne, vigils, utilizing the media to get the word out, and conducting searches in rugged, difficult terrain over 3 long days etc., etc. Personally, I am in awe of all that Andy has done/accomplished. And he did it all without any help or support from Suzanne’s husband nor her husband’s extended family members, some of whom live in Colorado (TN, et al). That says a lot in and of itself and is very telling, but I digress.

At this point, I believe Andy and LE know Suzanne is deceased and that she was hidden extremely well, which had become more and more clear to Andy while he was out there last fall. There really wasn’t much more he could do in Colorado as the winter was approaching, and he has a family and business to run in Indiana. Also, his Father was very ill/dying from cancer at the same time he was out in Colorado putting his heart and soul into finding his little Sister. I cannot fathom how he must have been feeling and going through thinking and worrying about his dying Father and trying to find his missing, presumed deceased Sister at the same time. Heartbreaking.
Feeling defeated for not having found Suzanne, Andy went home in early October to his family, business, and to help care for his Father until he passed away in November. At least he did get to spend the last month of his Dad’s life with him, which hopefully gave him some peace/comfort.

Having said all that, I think Andy is most likely keeping in contact with LE behind the scenes. For all we know, he could be calling LE frequently checking in for any new developments/updates, being the proverbial “thorn in LE’s side”, like he was when he was out in CO last fall, only doing it from a distance, for now.
The LE involved won’t be able to share anymore details/inside info of their investigation with him, but can assure him Suzanne’s case hasn’t gone cold, it’s a priority, and they’re still investigating. I also *think* LE may have asked him to refrain from speaking to the media for now.

I think there’s a good chance we may see Andy heading back to Colorado this Spring after the snow melts off, to possibly conduct more searches.
In fact, I think I remember him saying before he left CO last fall, paraphrased-
“I’ll most likely be back”.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
You’re right, someone has to be Suzanne’s voice, and once he realized Suzanne’s husband, BM, wasn’t stepping up/showing up for her, Andy stepped into that role, and has been Suzanne’s voice ever since.
Andy has done some amazing things, organized a massive search for Suzanne, vigils, utilizing the media to get the word out, and conducting searches in rugged, difficult terrain over 3 long days etc., etc. Personally, I am in awe of all that Andy has done/accomplished. And he did it all without any help or support from Suzanne’s husband nor her husband’s extended family members, some of whom live in Colorado (TN, et al). That says a lot in and of itself and is very telling, but I digress.

At this point, I believe Andy and LE know Suzanne is deceased and that she was hidden extremely well, which had become more and more clear to Andy while he was out there last fall. There really wasn’t much more he could do in Colorado as the winter was approaching, and he has a family and business to run in Indiana. Also, his Father was very ill/dying from cancer at the same time he was out in Colorado putting his heart and soul into finding his little Sister. I cannot fathom how he must have been feeling and going through thinking and worrying about his dying Father and trying to find his missing, presumed deceased Sister at the same time. Heartbreaking.
Feeling defeated for not having found Suzanne, Andy went home in early October to his family, business, and to help care for his Father until he passed away in November. At least he did get to spend the last month of his Dad’s life with him, which hopefully gave him some peace/comfort.

Having said all that, I think Andy is most likely keeping in contact with LE behind the scenes. For all we know, he could be calling LE frequently checking in for any new developments/updates, being the proverbial “thorn in LE’s side”, like he was when he was out in CO last fall, only doing it from a distance, for now.
The LE involved won’t be able to share anymore details/inside info of their investigation with him, but can assure him Suzanne’s case hasn’t gone cold, it’s a priority, and they’re still investigating. I also *think* LE may have asked him to refrain from speaking to the media for now.

I think there’s a good chance we may see Andy heading back to Colorado this Spring after the snow melts off, to possibly conduct more searches.
In fact, I think I remember him saying before he left CO last fall, paraphrased-
“I’ll most likely be back”.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

My thing is media keeps pressure on the police...just look at the California boys missing. LE has so much pressure from the public they have to close this case. IT can be the same with Suzanne in my opinion. Andy can use his freedom of speech to talk to any media outlets he likes...as long as he doesn't say anything that would hurt her case. I think he will come back too!

Thats heartbreaking too for him to feel defeated...Determination will get him answers. Barry certainly isn't doing anything to help find her.
MOO

Imagine that your child has been abducted. It's early hours into the investigation and LE has not ruled you out.

Would you not immediately agree to take a polygraph? Beg to? Because you know you are innocent and you want LE to move past you immediately so the investigation can proceed swiftly? Wouldn't you do ANYTHING to find your loved one?

If you are innocent, that is?

Absolutely not. There is no upside to taking a polygraph. The whole concept of being "ruled out" is fake. If you're asked to take a polygraph you are a target, often based on nothing but odds about your guilt from similar cases. The biggest risk is that since you're already a target LE may also have on blinders to the truth and already be ignoring "bad evidence" and they aren't going to do anything but hound you. IMO

Here's a good example. Michelle Dorr. Her father, Carl, was singled out as the only suspect in the case of her disappearance. What really happened? Who was this criminal mastermind that eluded police? The guy living next door! Nonetheless, that was too much for the crack LE team to figure out for 12 years. Why? Probably because they cared only to target Carl, especially after he failed a polygraph.

To be clear, I'm not saying all LE are bad or stupid or corrupt or lazy. I'm saying too many are, and too many polygraphs tests are false. IMO

Anyway, no, there is no way I would ever take a polygraph. I would only tell LE to go and do their jobs.

You’re absolutely right, “LE does not need to show their hands,” but there are three specific pieces of information that they could be sharing with the public that would have no negative impact on the investigation. IMO
1) a picture of the bike they found and how it looked when they found it
2) a picture of Suzanne’s personal item they recovered beside the highway
3) Suzanne’s last known phone location and ping
By not releasing these details, it implies that everything is under control.
‘Leave this to the experts, we got this. Just go away, mind your own business and we’ll let you know when we’re good and ready. But for now just forget about Suzanne.’

Just out of curiosity, what would the release of an image of the bike found in situ help you with? What personal item would help you or the general public?

The fact of the matter is that WSers form a miniscule portion of the general population who have an ongoing interest in a criminal case. Most people are wearied by the sheer number of missing persons and unidentified bodies. They are helpless insofar as having any positive input so they just move on.

Not for a minute do I think LE want the public to go away. Every cop is anxious to close a case but they won't succumb to pressure from an impatient public.

Wasn't there a tip that BM NEVER went to any of her chemo treatments with her? I thought it was revealing. My husband would absolutely go with me, no matter how long and boring and emotional it might be.

Apparently you fortunately can afford this;
I had treatments when I was younger, my late husband was a physician; had to pay his staff, offices, malpractice, mortgage, utilities, etc...
I told him to go and see his patients, packed a book, bag of magazines, and other things to keep me busy...
I did the same when I had twins premature... one died three weeks later and one was in intensive care for months... I would go and spend the day at the hospital, and my husband had to go to work...
I think to pay bills, realistically, most cannot afford to do this... Every family has to decide and make choices; fortunately I had my mom to help me at home during difficult times...

Just out of curiosity, what would the release of an image of the bike found in situ help you with? What personal item would help you or the general public?

The fact of the matter is that WSers form a miniscule portion of the general population who have an ongoing interest in a criminal case. Most people are wearied by the sheer number of missing persons and unidentified bodies. They are helpless insofar as having any positive input so they just move on.

Not for a minute do I think LE want the public to go away. Every cop is anxious to close a case but they won't succumb to pressure from an impatient public.
Releasing an image of the bike doesn’t help me, it helps Suzanne. She is all but a memory, and fading fast. Releasing an image of the bike, brings the spotlight back on her.
Please provide any recent evidence to suggest that LE is making any attempt to keep this case from going away.

Zero. And zero the day after and zero were today. IMO
I find it astounding that there are people who don’t care to know whether or not this case has gone cold. They assume that LE has a number of devoted investigators working on this case, day and night. Four months ago we were told officers were still working on it. Wouldn’t it be nice to know if Suzanne’s case is still a top priority? Or maybe it’s none of our business?

Last edited:
Releasing an image of the bike doesn’t help me, it helps Suzanne. She is all but a memory, and fading fast. Releasing an image of the bike, brings the spotlight back on her.
Please provide any recent evidence to suggest that LE is making any attempt to keep this case from going away.

Does a pic of the bike or other publicity really move the needle in the investigation now?

There is a relatively small population of people in the Mayesville/Salida area, and what LE and AM have done certainly has brought SM’s disappearance to light to every local. I’d imagine LE has a good idea of any and all players that might be involved. Those that are cooperating and those that might not be cooperating.

The FBI has spent time back in IN and who knows where else.

I would like more coverage but mainly because I’d love some new details on the case. But I’m not sure there is an ‘A ha’ moment out there with a local that press coverage would bring to light.

MOO, but LE has a handful of people that they see connected to BM in one form or another. LE is watching them closely, waiting for them to slip up, arrest them on other charges and then bargain those charges for testimony. My guess is this pressure LE is applying is known by those with targets on their back and that news coverage doesn’t impact that strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member