Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50 that there is no picture of the bike at the bottom of the hill.
JMO
The bike will be evidence.
Evidence is not always public information.
Until and if a trial happens.
Every case goes too slowly for sleuths.
It's just the way it is with us, we want it yesterday.
we're not in charge, LE is.
They're responsible for the investigation, we just get to theorise on it.
Waiting is horrible but it goes with the territory.

I am not feeling confident that there will be resolution here. I think LE may know who the responsible party is, but the DA may not feel there is enough evidence to support a conviction. I wonder how some of the characters sleep at night.

The bike will be evidence.
Evidence is not always public information.
Until and if a trial happens.
Every case goes too slowly for sleuths.
It's just the way it is with us, we want it yesterday.
we're not in charge, LE is.
They're responsible for the investigation, we just get to theorise on it.
Waiting is horrible but it goes with the territory.
I don’t have an issue with waiting, however, I would appreciate an update on the ‘speed’ . Is this case in Drive, Neutral, Park or Reverse?

50/50 that there is no picture of the bike at the bottom of the hill.
JMO

I also think there's a chance LE did not take a picture of the bike before it was removed.

In the beginning stages of the search for her, they were most likely looking for an injured woman who had a bike accident and needed to be rescued. IMO, in the early hours, they probably didn't think they were looking at a potential crime scene or a potential staging of one. Because that is a high recreation area, SAR operations are probably constant with injured and missing people doing a physical activity.

IIRC by day 4 or 5, the FBI was part of the investigation and the tides had turned. I also think her personal item was recovered on day 4 or 5. IMO

I don’t have an issue with waiting, however, I would appreciate an update on the ‘speed’ . Is this case in Drive, Neutral, Park or Reverse?
I’m with you , it’s gonna have to be her family ( Andy) coming back and stirring things up to get things moving again , I really really think it’s going to take that .
Moo

I honestly think LE continues to work on this case and it's not on the backburner. Having said that, I don't think there's the same manpower on this case TODAY, as there was at the beginning or weeks, a month after she went missing. I don't think there's a SM situation room happening right now.

The way I have personally read CCSO last few press releases tells me they are NOT focused on a single suspect or scenario. I honestly think this might be a case that surprises the masses if and when it's solved. IMO

I’m with you , it’s gonna have to be her family ( Andy) coming back and stirring things up to get things moving again , I really really think it’s going to take that .
Moo
I don't see what more he can do. He already organized and participated in a huge search over several days. There are thousands of acres with bodies of water, old mines, cliffs, crevices, and all kinds of places she could be.

I don't see what more he can do. He already organized and participated in a huge search over several days. There are thousands of acres with bodies of water, old mines, cliffs, crevices, and all kinds of places she could be.
I don't think any one person can expedite a police investigation. If they could, they would.

My thing is media keeps pressure on the police...just look at the California boys missing. LE has so much pressure from the public they have to close this case. IT can be the same with Suzanne in my opinion. Andy can use his freedom of speech to talk to any media outlets he likes...as long as he doesn't say anything that would hurt her case. I think he will come back too!

Thats heartbreaking too for him to feel defeated...Determination will get him answers. Barry certainly isn't doing anything to help find her.
MOO
I’m not sure how much more Andy can do right now. Prior to going out to CO, while he was in CO conducting his searches, and for a little while after his search concluded, Andy was visible in the media. He spoke about Suzanne, his planned search, answered questions to the best of his knowledge/ability, provided updates regarding the searches, and even did some interviews post search.
I remember watching his interview with Dr. Phil in early October, just a few days after the conclusion of his searches. His voice cracked and looked like he’d break down in tears any minute. Struggle as he might, managed to stay strong and maintained his composure throughout the interview. It was obvious though, that this was a defeated, heartbroken man who’d been through the ringer. My heart broke and continues to break for him.

Personally, I am hesitant to judge why Andy isn’t speaking in the media now. He has a family and a business in Indiana, which he put on hold for several months, and understandably, still grieving his Father’s death.
If Andy felt LE wasn’t focusing on/still investigating Suzanne’s case, I believe we’d be hearing about it from him, but as previously stated, I really do believe it likely that Andy is staying in contact with LE and knows/trusts all LE involved are still investigating, putting the puzzle pieces together until the envelope is sealed, and ready to be brought to the DA. Again, like many, I too believe LE and AM know Suzanne is deceased and who the perpetrator is, that her remains are hidden very well. And without a body, LE needs to be able to prove SM is deceased-show proof of death. before the DA will agree to prosecute. If Suzanne was strangled (which I currently lean to), it’s going to be even harder to prove she’s deceased, i.e., no physical evidence of death at the crime scene.

IMO, while still actively investigating, LE is watching certain people(s) for slip ups, and for someone to start talking.
LE may also be conducting searches now, we just don’t know. If/when Andy comes back to CO to search, we’ll most likely see him in the media again discussing his search(es).

We all want justice for Suzanne yesterday, but the fact is, the wheels of justice turn slowly. And in a case that’s shaping up as mostly circumstantial, it will take even longer. While it’s really hard to remain patient, I’m willing to wait while LE methodically builds their case, crossing t’s, dotting i’s, in order for it to be successfully prosecuted, and Suzanne gets the justice she so rightfully deserves.

One bite of the apple...

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I agree with all the above , but he had such a media presence so that’s why I think if he just came in town and did a quick interview even ... it may get people on their toes. Coverage is coverage , and it keeps the public talking .

I hope Andy is confident that LE is making progress, if he’s not ... he can come back and just by his presence it will make people uneasy. Including Barry

Mainly also it’s HER VOICE, Andy is her only voice .
Moo

I don't think any one person can expedite a police investigation. If they could, they would.
I don’t think that either , but my go to once again is always Savannah Spurlock . If her aunt did not keep that pressure , and Savannah ‘a story everywhere consistently ... She would of never got justice .

moo

I've kinda been hoping and praying that Andy is taking this time to quietly gain his strength back. When he's ready, he will get his forces together and get down to Colorado and take care of business. We have not seen the end of him looking for his little sister. I just know it. Imo.

You could always call the CCSO and ask them about the status of the case.
I don't know if you'll get an answer but they're really the only ones who can answer this question.

You could always call the CCSO and ask them about the status of the case.
I don't know if you'll get an answer but they're really the only ones who can answer this question.
You know what , that’s not a bad idea. If people would call them and ask that would definitely keep Suzanne’s case on their minds !

Moo

Releasing an image of the bike doesn’t help me, it helps Suzanne. She is all but a memory, and fading fast. Releasing an image of the bike, brings the spotlight back on her.
Please provide any recent evidence to suggest that LE is making any attempt to keep this case from going away.

My take on it is this. If Suzanne went missing on her bike, and her bike was still missing as well, then the picture of the bike would be very important to publicize far and wide. If Suzanne was sideswiped by a car on her bike ride, and her bike was found, it may be important to publicize her picture and the bike's picture sided by side in case someone saw an accident or Suzanne on her bike. IF however, LE has investigated and determined to their satisfaction that there was no bike ride, no bike, and not even a bike helmet which would have any bearing on finding Suzanne because those items were staged in the dead of night without any potential witnesses, then pictures of those items are completely useless.

Keeping Suzanne's case in the spotlight is another issue. Unfortunately, that's the way cases sometimes go...a dormant period where we hear nothing, posters are frustrated, calling it a cold case, then BAM! An arrest. I certainly hope that's the case here!

I don’t think that either , but my go to once again is always Savannah Spurlock . If her aunt did not keep that pressure , and Savannah ‘a story everywhere consistently ... She would of never got justice .

moo
I didn't follow her case, but I don't agree that unless family or media does this or that, that justice cannot be served. I'm sure there are times when it's been helpful, but it's definitely not the rule, but the exception. While I do agree it's always good to keep an unsolved case in the media, I also have a lot of faith in the dedication & professionalism of LE officials to follow any case they have, to the end, regardless of family or media.

jmo

LE would never admit this and that’s understandable. Every missing persons case gets the same treatment? A homeless prostitute with no family goes missing, and that individual gets the same resources dedicated to their case? No, but one person asking questions could make all the difference.
JMO

Last edited:
I also think there's a chance LE did not take a picture of the bike before it was removed.

In the beginning stages of the search for her, they were most likely looking for an injured woman who had a bike accident and needed to be rescued. IMO, in the early hours, they probably didn't think they were looking at a potential crime scene or a potential staging of one. Because that is a high recreation area, SAR operations are probably constant with injured and missing people doing a physical activity.

IIRC by day 4 or 5, the FBI was part of the investigation and the tides had turned. I also think her personal item was recovered on day 4 or 5. IMO
I don’t hold against LE for their handling of the bike scene. They made in fact have done a fantastic, professional job. I don’t know, and even if they made mistakes, I don’t blame them. I do feel that the handling of the bike is going to be a thorn in the flesh and may be a factor in why there has not been an arrest.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member