UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she could potentially have reached home, but probably unlikely?

Her phone last pinged on the evening of March 3 and now 3 days later, has either been switched off or battery run out, not used and not found.

The last phone call, I wonder if she sounded okay? - presumably so, otherwise would have been said she was in a 'distressed state', if there had been an argument.

Either she was forced or willingly got in a car, imo, or was quickly apprehended by one or more individuals - maybe trying to rob her of phone? If she was walking and talking she would likely have been unaware if anyone was watching or following her... and she put up fight and chased them into a building or concealed place nearby, where something untoward occurred?

Last edited:
I've lived in London for over 30 years and unfortunately I don't think it would have been terribly safe for Sarah to walk through Clapham Common, alone, in the dark. (This is reminding me of the Iuliana Tudos case where she cut through Finsbury Park as a short cut home on Christmas eve a few years ago and was killed by local monster).

Me too! Just posted that very same case above.

During lockdown the streets at night in London are more quiet than usual and even not during lockdown me personally I would NEVER go in a London park after dark alone. I admit I do find it hard to believe that a young woman would choose to cut through Clapham Common at this time of night in the dark, especially wearing earphones.

Now if you were on the phone, perhaps having an argument, you could get lost and end up taking a route that you didn't intend to take. That might explain it. But in terms of planning ahead, it seems improbable.

Daily Mail updated 19:44

Police search ponds in London in desperate hunt for missing woman, 33, who vanished on her way home | Daily Mail Online

Does the last quote from family and friends strike anyone as odd, like she may be voluntarily missing, or at least under some emotional strain?

Hard to know whether the friend had mentioned something or if the parents are just speculating, but I think it's usual for these first appeals to go along those lines especially if her going missing is completely out of the ordinary and they are searching for 'reasons' for her disappearance themselves.

Thought it may be helpful to map the roads the police have urged people to check doorbell footage from other than the south circular A205.

Cavendish Road seems a bit of an outlier doesn't it? I mean there's lots or roads that meet the A205 where IMO I think it's most likely she walked up.

EDIT to add key
Yellow = Cavendish Rd
Red = New Park Rd
Green = Brixton Hill
Blue = Brixton Water Lane

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 128
I think most people in the UK are under emotional strain at the moment due to the lockdowns which have been ongoing (with a few short gaps) for nearly a year now. Around half my friends admit to being depressed and I’ve talked three out of suicide. It’s a very difficult time.

I admit I do find it hard to believe that a young woman would choose to cut through Clapham Common at this time of night in the dark, especially wearing earphones.

Snipped.

When we say she's cutting through Clapham Common it's likely she's walking up the A205 which cuts through the park right? I mean that's the route I would choose to take. Still not nice but it is a lit main road.

I think most people in the UK are under emotional strain at the moment due to the lockdowns which have been ongoing (with a few short gaps) for nearly a year now. Around half my friends admit to being depressed and I’ve talked three out of suicide. It’s a very difficult time.

Sarah according to her friends was in good spirits. She was very excited about a new job. She has a good circle of friends.

She had visited a friend for a drink and was due to see her boyfriend so seemed to be coping with lockdown.

Yup, I had a bit of a breakdown last year - it's been horrible.

Sarah according to her friends was in good spirits. She was very excited about a new job. She has a good circle of friends.

She had visited a friend for a drink and was due to see her boyfriend so seemed to be coping with lockdown.
I hope you’re right, though similar things could be said of several people I know and, in private, they’re not necessarily coping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH