UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment from parents

“She is always in regular contact with us and with her friends and it is totally out of character for her to disappear like this. We long to see her and want nothing more than for her to be found safe and well.”

no mention of boyfriend. Perhaps suggests it was a fairly new relationship.

Comment from parents

“She is always in regular contact with us and with her friends and it is totally out of character for her to disappear like this. We long to see her and want nothing more than for her to be found safe and well.”

Using Street View to match door widths and paving/tile work, another poster found that it looks like 21 Balham Hill near Clapham South station. I had been attempting to do the same and FWIW, I agree with their finding. It’s v close to Leathwaite so would make sense for SE to stop there and not have to carry the wine far nor risk it warming up (if not red).

I've had a look at the CCTV of that area (Balham Hill / Hazelbourne Road) and the CCTV has been greyed out between 16:30 - 16:45 and 17:15 - 17:30. Potentially this is being looked into and could confirm the time SE went to Sainsburys?

Hmm i thought i was the one at the top of brixton hill, the bricks match and it might sound silly but that door is pretty beat up which matches the photo we've got

surely the police have this info if they have the photo, it might be confirmed somewhere when they released it

Yes I had initially proposed 266-270 Brixton Hill/A23 as it has v similar tile work and door. However, I now favour Balham Hill because - as well as my reasons already posted above -:

266-270 Brixton Hill has social distancing tape close to the door on Street View. Obviously things can change but I can’t see this tape in the image of SE, whereas as the Street View image of 21 Balham Hill shows no tape.

Secondly, assuming the images are not flipped, SE is entering the store on her left. If she was walking south down Brixton Hill from either Craster Road, Upper Tulse Hill, Brixton Water Lane or even Brixton where her residence is mooted, she would have entered on her right unless she went past initially. However, the Balham Hill store is actually further south of the A205 South Circular/Leathwaite Road she was headed to, so tallies that she would detour south momentarily and enter on her left.

EDIT to add: I’ve not seen any captions or pic credits detailing the store itself, only the police force that released the image.

I've had a look at the CCTV of that area (Balham Hill / Hazelbourne Road) and the CCTV has been greyed out between 16:30 - 16:45 and 17:15 - 17:30. Potentially this is being looked into and could confirm the time SE went to Sainsburys?

I think we have to be careful with how much weight we put on certain frames being greyed out. Some could indeed be relevant, but it will also display this message if an operator was using that camera at the time for traffic or other crime reasons.

Whilst we are all looking at these TFL archives, has anyone seen if there are any cameras near Clapham Common from the start of her journey?

Would the Brixton Hill / Elm Park or Brixton Hill / Elm Park cameras pick her up walking to the Sainsbury's?

and was it confirmed which Sainsbury's it was she was at? if there is footage of her entering the store surely there is a clip of her leaving and from that we would see if she picked up a courier bag or carried the wine
Brixton Hill Morrish road Camera points at Sainsburys at the lower end of Brixton Hill

And yet this is farther east of AR Park and elsewhere we know they have been searching. And across from the dreadful-looking Poynder Parade area.

Note that we aren't aware of any searches that are farther east of AR Park.

Whilst we are all looking at these TFL archives, has anyone seen if there are any cameras near Clapham Common from the start of her journey?

Yes, I had a look at cam 695 (Clapham Common Southside) and had no joy myself. Both at around 9pm as she set off, to around 9:15pm that she may have gotten to that point, and also after 9:30pm to see if she came back, into the early hours to see if anybody else piqued interest.

Comment from parents

We can’t go into social media posts, but it absolutely seems to be a new relationship IMO

Yes, I had a look at cam 695 (Clapham Common Southside) and had no joy myself. Both at around 9pm as she set off, to around 9:15pm that she may have gotten to that point, and also after 9:30pm to see if she came back, into the early hours to see if anybody else piqued interest.
So you didn't see her setting off at 9pm or so? Just wanted to be clear

Police searching for missing 33-year-old Sarah Everard remain “open-minded as to all possibilities” over her disappearance.

Detective Chief Inspector Katherine Goodwin, who is leading the Metropolitan Police’s investigation, said: “This is definitely a missing person investigation at the moment but I remain open-minded as to all possibilities in the investigation.”

Ms Goodwin said a hat found as part of the search for Sarah Everard was not the one the 33-year-old was wearing on the night she disappeared.

She said: “We found a hat today as part of one of our searches, we reviewed it and I’m confident that it’s not the hat that Sarah was wearing on the night.”

Sarah Everard: Police 'open-minded' in search for missing woman | ITV News

To clarify, I wouldn’t have expected that camera to pick her up at 9pm assuming that is around the time she left Leathwaite, as it’s a camera at the A205 South Circular. I can’t see another TFL camera that she would have logically passed knowing that she left via the rear of Leathwaite and ended up on Poynders Road at least. So I didn’t see her setting off, nor could I see her appear on the archived still between 9:00 and 9:30 when we know she was picked up on CCTV elsewhere. Obviously, she may have passed by the camera at a time not archived, but there we go. Please do check yourself though, the link is here:Clapham Common Southside/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive

I wonder if she would have went past that camera though, maybe she went down englewood or hazelbourne and joined cavendish there? Not sure what would be more logical?

Hi everyone - I'm new here and wanted to add my perspective.

I am a South Londoner and have racked up many hundreds of miles during lockdown. I've walked that route repeatedly most weeks and more recently towards the end of February. As we can all see via the TFL CCTV cameras, there is only 3 cameras of interest. (1) along battersea rise/clapham common (2) clapham south station (3) poynder's parade.

As an avid walker and a female in her late 20s, I wanted to share a few unanswered questions I have surrounding the case:

- How does an attacker know, if wearing headphones, that you're not on the phone to somebody?
- How does an attacker know, that you're not very close to your home, albeit at home your home already?
- There's no confirmed knowledge (apart from the Times article) that she lived alone or with housemates
- Was she at work during the day?
- For her friend, the location where SE left, did she try to contact S to see if she made it home okay?

I have been thinking about this since I first heard about it and I just hope that Sarah arrives home unscathed soon. This is truly a devastating story and I hope for the thousands of women, who like me, walk alone in the city they love, don't start to feel scared.

Hi. I'm not sure it makes any difference if an attacker pounces whilst you're on the phone. The person you're speaking to is unlikely to be close enough to do anything and even if they immediately call the police they might not know precisely where the caller is and police might take some time to turn up. So if you were going to snatch someone and put them in a vehicle or take them into undergrowth I think if you act quickly it won't matter if you're on the phone to someone. I always worry that holding a mobile phone gives you a fall sense of security when walking alone. I always told my daughter to keep alert and eyes open, only use one headphone and cross the road or walk in the road to avoid people who are behaving oddly or unnerving you.

I know SE's workplace at Waterhouse Square and have worked there myself and I very much doubt its is open or being used much at the moment. Government instructions are that we should work at home if at all possible and her kind of work would not be judged essential. No doubt why going out to see friends is important right now to have face to face contact with friends whilst getting some fresh air and exercise.

And just to add - in case its not covered elsewhere - The Times article posted at the end of the last thread said she lived alone. It would be good if the LE could provide a bit more information on things like that.

Sadly, I don't think she will be found alive now. From my perspective I am leaning towards abduction. The streets are much emptier in London right now and she was vulnerable to a random attack. I don't really have a clue where that might have taken place. JMO. So upset for her and her friends and family.

An interesting still I found from the camera at the junction between Christchurch Road A205 and Brixton Hill, at 05:25 Thursday 4th March. Individual in the image walking south down Brixton Hill, having come from either the A205 or from Brixton hill itself. Could well be nothing, but seemed quite suspicious

Attachments

• POI Christchurch Road.jpg
    POI Christchurch Road.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 342
I wonder if she would have went past that camera though, maybe she went down englewood or hazelbourne and joined cavendish there? Not sure what would be more logical?

Definitely possible, I was working to the assumption that she would have been on the A205 through the Common, and we know she was on that road (Cavendish junction) as it becomes Poynders Rd, so likely would have just stayed on the A205 (Cavendish) near that TFL cam rather than cut through Englewood.

Edit: I concede that Hazelbourne and Englewood might have been viewed as viable routes to the Cavendish/Poynders Junction - maybe a local could advise whether they feel of ‘equal’ safety to Cavendish (working to the assumption that SE was trying to stick to main/“safe” roads)?

Last edited:
Using Street View to match door widths and paving/tile work, another poster found that it looks like 21 Balham Hill near Clapham South station. I had been attempting to do the same and FWIW, I agree with their finding. It’s v close to Leathwaite so would make sense for SE to stop there and not have to carry the wine far nor risk it warming up (if not red).

Yes I had initially proposed 266-270 Brixton Hill/A23 as it has v similar tile work and door. However, I now favour Balham Hill because - as well as my reasons already posted above -:

266-270 Brixton Hill has social distancing tape close to the door on Street View. Obviously things can change but I can’t see this tape in the image of SE, whereas as the Street View image of 21 Balham Hill shows no tape.

Secondly, assuming the images are not flipped, SE is entering the store on her left. If she was walking south down Brixton Hill from either Craster Road, Upper Tulse Hill, Brixton Water Lane or even Brixton where her residence is mooted, she would have entered on her right unless she went past initially. However, the Balham Hill store is actually further south of the A205 South Circular/Leathwaite Road she was headed to, so tallies that she would detour south momentarily and enter on her left.

EDIT to add: I’ve not seen any captions or pic credits detailing the store itself, only the police force that released the image.

On Google Maps (Street View) there is also tape on the floor of the Balham Hill Sainsburys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500