UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cousin of missing Sarah Everard has thanked Londoners for their help in searching for her, but is urging everyone to continue with the desperate bid to find her.

Tom Everard, a 36-year-old social worker in Greater Manchester, had nothing but lovely words to say about his 33-year-old cousin, who vanished while walking home to Brixton after visiting a friend at their home in Clapham on Wednesday night (March 3).

'Really frightening'
Speaking to MyLondon on (Monday, March 8), Tom said: "Sarah's absolutely amazing, she's lovely and she's fantastic. So sensible. So well-loved by her family, by her friends, by everyone.

"There is nothing dodgy or sordid about Sarah in the slightest. And this is so totally out of character for her that we just need to get her home.

"We can't imagine any scenario where she doesn't get back home safe last Wednesday night (March 3). She obviously hasn't, so we are desperately worried about her. Desperately concerned for her welfare. We just want as much information out there as possible.

"It's five days since she vanished into thin air...and that's really frightening."

Sarah Everard's cousin's desperate plea to help get her home safe

Hi. I'm not sure it makes any difference if an attacker pounces whilst you're on the phone. The person you're speaking to is unlikely to be close enough to do anything and even if they immediately call the police they might not know precisely where the caller is and police might take some time to turn up. So if you were going to snatch someone and put them in a vehicle or take them into undergrowth I think if you act quickly it won't matter if you're on the phone to someone.

It matters hugely because the Police will be no more than a few minutes behind and respond to someone being attacked. At the moment they don't know if she was attacked and found out 18 hours later which gives someone a lot of time to tidy up.

Can anyone local confirm whether the tape is still on the floor outside sainsburys' at the top of brixton hill

I'm pretty sure its come off

To clarify, I wouldn’t have expected that camera to pick her up at 9pm assuming that is around the time she left Leathwaite, as it’s a camera at the A205 South Circular. I can’t see another TFL camera that she would have logically passed knowing that she left via the rear of Leathwaite and ended up on Poynders Road at least. So I didn’t see her setting off, nor could I see her appear on the archived still between 9:00 and 9:30 when we know she was picked up on CCTV elsewhere. Obviously, she may have passed by the camera at a time not archived, but there we go. Please do check yourself though, the link is here:Clapham Common Southside/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive

Very congested area during the day and still enough traffic around the time she was arriving and departing the friend's place that drivers or drive-cams might have noticed her bright green jacket. But very difficult to see any pedestrians on that cam after dark due to the reflection of headlights in the rain and some haze

It matters hugely because the Police will be no more than a few minutes behind and respond to someone being attacked. At the moment they don't know if she was attacked and found out 18 hours later which gives someone a lot of time to tidy up.

Agreed they call it the 'golden hour' for a reason.

The cousin of missing Sarah Everard has thanked Londoners for their help in searching for her, but is urging everyone to continue with the desperate bid to find her.

Tom Everard, a 36-year-old social worker in Greater Manchester, had nothing but lovely words to say about his 33-year-old cousin, who vanished while walking home to Brixton after visiting a friend at their home in Clapham on Wednesday night (March 3).

'Really frightening'
Speaking to MyLondon on (Monday, March 8), Tom said: "Sarah's absolutely amazing, she's lovely and she's fantastic. So sensible. So well-loved by her family, by her friends, by everyone.

"There is nothing dodgy or sordid about Sarah in the slightest. And this is so totally out of character for her that we just need to get her home.

"We can't imagine any scenario where she doesn't get back home safe last Wednesday night (March 3). She obviously hasn't, so we are desperately worried about her. Desperately concerned for her welfare. We just want as much information out there as possible.

"It's five days since she vanished into thin air...and that's really frightening."

Sarah Everard's cousin's desperate plea to help get her home safe

Heart breaking. I really hope the police have more info.

Can anyone local confirm whether the tape is still on the floor outside sainsburys' at the top of brixton hill

I'm pretty sure its come off

Do you mean 76 Brixton Hill when you say “top”? I didn’t think the entrance looked right.

On Poynders Tfl cam, you can see still of a bus, surely have dash cam!

An interesting still I found from the camera at the junction between Christchurch Road A205 and Brixton Hill, at 05:25 Thursday 4th March. Individual in the image walking south down Brixton Hill, having come from either the A205 or from Brixton hill itself. Could well be nothing, but seemed quite suspicious
i've seen a lot of these whilst trawling through all the camera stills. My gut is "there goes another one wandering in the roads"

The police obviously do know whether she returned home from evidence at the house so it would be good to work out why they are not saying- the quote from the cousin seems to have confirmed the answer anyway.

I've had a look at the CCTV of that area (Balham Hill / Hazelbourne Road) and the CCTV has been greyed out between 16:30 - 16:45 and 17:15 - 17:30. Potentially this is being looked into and could confirm the time SE went to Sainsburys?

On Google Maps (Street View) there is also tape on the floor of the Balham Hill Sainsburys

Great find, I can see it too. I can’t recall without trudging back over the pages, but I think the poster who first suggested this Sainsbury’s supplied an alternative image without tape. Not sure which ones more up to date, though the Street View does say 2021.

Does anybody know if CCTV images are mirrored/flipped? If so, then that could suggest an alternative one to Balham Hill after all maybe? Ie it might support 266 Brixton Hall or another one where SE would enter on her right (which looks left when flipped).

I just wonder if that person meant the picture from the doorbell camera or the one you just attached...

Does Tom's Kiosk have cameras?

Could also be other cameras in the area that don't clearly capture her image, but have something odd or some activity going on that could be temporally related to her walk

I've just been out walking the dog, and can now tell you (based on what I saw this evening):

There is presumably private CCTV on on the roof of the main van, two cams, one pointing each way along Windmill Drive.

There is also a traffic cam at the pelican crossing over the south circular at the junction with Windmill Drive

Other miscellaneous info:

- Tom's kiosk is actually two vans and a portaloo, on Windmill Drive about 50 yards from the A205
- there are three picnic tables on the boardwalk (between it and the edge of the pond, on the Windmill Drive side)
- there are two benches near the kiosk on the path to the east of the pond, and others further along.
- there's potential easy access to the water along the boardwalk (Windmill Drive side of the pond, and up the eastern side (all in plain view from the kiosk) and most of the north side.
- the rest of the north side and all the west side has thick, tall rushes and in part fences. You can't see those parts from the kiosk (island in the way) but nor could you reach the water without difficulty
- the kiosk is very brightly lit at night, so possible that brightness makes it hard to see far into the darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther