UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I’m talking about someone on this site being contacted by someone from the force and being asked how he got the footage and how to go about looking it up.

That seems bizarre to me calling up a member of the public on how to find the information he has posted on this site.

He reported it via Twitter I believe to them.

No I’m talking about someone on this site being contacted by someone from the force and being asked how he got the footage and how to go about looking it up.

That seems bizarre to me calling up a member of the public on how to find the information he has posted on this site.
the issue about that that baffles me is he said that "Twitter has my number saved" or something to that effect - and as far as i'm aware, unless he actually gave the police his phone number in a Twitter DM (private message), there would be no "Automatic" way for any police officer to get his number. Twitter would have to be contacted by the Police, in a sort of warrant kind of a way...

....and this person didn't even give their phone number out. That's the freaky bit.

:/

I still can't understand a motive here. Such risk, such reckless brazen behaviour. To what end?

Statistics indicate that if this officer is involved, then he will have most likely been known to SE. Possibly he was a former obsessive partner who was stalking her or an infatuated police officer who had come into contact with her through his work.

Maybe unlawful use of police computer systems to search for her by name, prior to her going missing, was a line of enquiry which led to his arrest.

This is exceptionally unlikely as communication centres in the Metropolitan Police area cover a wide area and are operated by civilian staff, with some oversight by police officers of rank in case of major incidents or matters requiring police officer authorisation, e.g. vehicle pursuits, firearms incident management.

The days of being put through to the friendly desk Sergeant at your 'local' police station are long gone.....sadly.

He reported it via Twitter I believe to them.

Sorry I have read it wrong forget my posting

....and this person didn't even give their phone number out. That's the freaky bit.
thinking logically here, how would a Police officer automatically have access to someone's Twitter account. They aren't merged companies, nor is there a massive database that the police have total access to. As far as I am aware, it does NOT work that way.

the issue about that that baffles me is he said that "Twitter has my number saved" or something to that effect - and as far as i'm aware, unless he actually gave the police his phone number in a Twitter DM (private message), there would be no "Automatic" way for any police officer to get his number. Twitter would have to be contacted by the Police, in a sort of warrant kind of a way...

Quite. I was about a thread behind when I read the post and it seemed really odd but I assumed it would be cleared up by the time I read the squillion subsequent posts. Nope.

I cannot see how a woman dies from something accidental or unintended.

In the sense that he could have intended to do one criminal thing, and the situation escalated beyond what he had premeditated.

Ah something like the Joanna Yates case?

Maybe his plan was to tick her off for lockdown infringement real or imagined as a pretext because he wants to assault her in the car, gambling she will be too intimidated to report him. Maybe he has done this before. But she fights back and it escalates.

We don’t know if he had his police badge of vehicle with him. That could alter the possibilities.

I am just really perturbed that a cop seems to me a serious suspect.

It’s not officers that operate social media, it’s trained civilians I think. No point training police for years to have them sitting monitoring Twitter right? No offence to social media bods, that’s a skill set all of its own - especially when working for police.

I can’t think of a plausible scenario in which an officer would go out of his way to harm someone while on duty. Your whereabouts are monitored and everybody looks to see what police are up to if they’re nearby. Even if it’s an accident there’s just no way you’re going to get away with trying to clean that up in a residential area of London. Unless he’d been drinking or something? Even then, I just can’t bend my head around that in any sensible way.

I’m more tempted to think that the fact he’s an officer is incidental and it’s more likely that something happened when he was off duty or they actually know each other.

It’s just mindblowing.

thinking logically here, how would a Police officer automatically have access to someone's Twitter account. They aren't merged companies, nor is there a massive database that the police have total access to. As far as I am aware, it does NOT work that way.

the person reported it via twitter, which anybody can view
so the information was on the police twitter which is public

Just throwing this out there... In the absence of a phone, it is still possible to trace phone records, social media, emails etc. There is a possibility that SE was known to the PO and whatever the nature of this relationship, the investigators have discovered it via digital footprint. All speculation, as let’s face it, cannot rule anything out now.

absolutely no offense meant, but no, not in a billion years IMO. That sounds like a bad 70s TV show.
"Oh it's all scary and boarded up and no-one around but you want me to come inside? Sure."

I really don't think any figure of authority could explain that away.

Let's face it, this case has already gone down that route now a Police Officer has been charged...

And I think you're underestimating how hard it is for some to say no to figures of authority. There's a reason Harold Shipman killed so many, it's very hard to challenge someone in a position of power.

Also, if I'm being pulled up by the police on whatever spurious charge, my immediate thoughts are going "better keep them happy so they let me off with a warning" not "I reckon this guy is gonna kill me".

This story doesn't appear to have much veracity. It very much sounds like hearsay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member