UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to weigh in about the hire car thing. I am not sure how many other U.K. citizens will agree but it is extremely uncommon in the U.K. to hire a car, especially if you have 2 cars sitting on your driveway. I can only think of 1 time in my lifetime when my family has hired a car in the U.K. and it was to go to the airport to save on parking costs before a holiday.

I think either, this is poor reporting by MSM and that the car is PCP/HP (for Americans basically this is leasing a car where the finance company own it and you rent it for a long period of time - years, then you have the option to buy it or trade it in).

Or shows a very high level of premeditation.

JMO, MOO etc

Thanks to Richard Y and Whitehall for insights into the charging process - I can see now how they’d utilise the full (extended) PACE allocation to attempt the highest charge possible. I retract the strength of my belief that footage of the abduction is not in LE possession then (in a 180, it may even have led to the kidnap arrest warrant rather than just the sighting of a vehicle linked to him near SE perhaps?). Cc @ElizaKate

A sole charge of indecent exposure with possible charges for the kidnapping and murder later on down the line would have a number of unhelpful consequences. One being that the police and CPS will most likely want the indecency offence to form part of the same trial along with any charges of kidnapping and murder, as it can demonstrate recent prior criminal conduct/mindset, motive, MO etc. To charge the IE at a separate time could mean that it is dealt with at court in isolation.

Rest assured that the police have been doing a shed load of work in the background and will continue to do so, collecting the evidence sufficient for the CPS to authorise charges for the kidnapping and murder.

The SIO will be liaising very closely with the CPS prosecutor, who will be reviewing the evidence until he/she is confident that it meets the evidential element of the the CPS two stage test. The prosecutor will be advising on areas of evidence which need strengthening and the SIO and her officers will be addressing these.

Thanks for the info, given you are a police officer I especially respect every word you said

Just am pretty sure that Pawel Relowicz was initially charged with indecent exposure and remanded in custody, upon being convicted of those charges at trial he was then rearrested and charged with the rape and murder of Libby

As they had him in custody anyway it gave them time to build a cast iron case for the death of Libby and didn’t have to stop questioning him for that when he got charged with indecent exposure

could the same not happen here?

The charge of indecent exposure is related to him having exposed himself (supposedly) on 28th of Feb just now on Sky news.

The MET missed catching one of their own, or someone swept it under the rug and excused the behaviour. They've self referred to the watchdog.

Likely 'boys will be boys' misogynistic excuses for behaviour if he was reported and identified in feb.

The MET missed one of their own...
They could've prevented this happening.

MOO.

Thank You to WS member imstilla.grandma and others who have started a MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread for Sarah's case. It is a work in progress and will now be linked in the Opening Post of each successive thread.

Please remember it is strictly a NO DISCUSSION thread.

I just want to weigh in about the hire car thing. I am not sure how many other U.K. citizens will agree but it is extremely uncommon in the U.K. to hire a car, especially if you have 2 cars sitting on your driveway. I can only think of 1 time in my lifetime when my family has hired a car in the U.K. and it was to go to the airport to save on parking costs before a holiday.

I think either, this is poor reporting by MSM and that the car is PCP/HP (for Americans basically this is leasing a car where the finance company own it and you rent it for a long period of time - years, then you have the option to buy it or trade it in).

Or shows a very high level of premeditation.

JMO, MOO etc

I'm inclined to say the latter purely because I don't understand how UK media would report a lease vehicle as a hire car. We all know clearly what the difference is. Perhaps I'm giving some outlets too much credit..

A while back now someone correctly speculated there are of course legitimate reasons why he may have had a hire car e.g. his car was out of action/needing repair.

ETA: + Leasing vehicles is also fairly common (speculating) in the UK so why would it be deemed relevant to report? That said the DM always seem to think someone's house value is relevant to report..

Last edited:
The Daily Mail state WC had serious head injuries. Surely if they were so serious he wouldn’t be discharged from hospital and back to custody so soon.

Sarah Everard murder suspect found in cell with head injuries

Sarah Everard: Police officer arrested over 'kidnap and murder' found in cell with head injuries' | Daily Mail Online

This Sun article says he went to intensive care first which seems a bit extreme given that he was discharged the same day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/14310271/sarah-everard-police-wayne-couzens/amp/

Nice new thread, thanks. I've barely caught up on the previous two, could anyone post links with NEW or recent news here on page 1?

I've been trying to keep up with it today and at times the thread was growing far faster than I could read it. Main development today seems to be the head injury incident.

Here's a hypothesis albeit a disturbing one. Allegedly his vehicle was caught on the CCTV of a bus and on a dashcam of another vehicle. However I imagine there would have been lots of vehicles caught on CCTV around the time of Sarah going missing.

So why exactly did they hone in on him specifically, especially considering the fact he was a serving police officer?

Is it possible that he was under investigation for the indecent exposure allegation, although it wasnt made public by the MET and when they saw his vehicle on the footage they looked into who that vehicle was tied to and it showed that he was under suspicion for alleged indecent exposure and became suspect no1 for that very reason?

I just hope they find all of the evidence they need. Given he’s a cop and forensically aware plus the delay in his arrest and thus sufficient time to clean up. Then the fact there’s been no sightings or known CCTV with him and Sarah together... all very concerning although I guess Cressida wouldn’t have said he was the guy if there wasn’t enough evidence

For the purposes of a fair trial, only unless it is absolutely necessary to identify a suspect that needs to be identified quickly and other methods have been exhausted, will the police put such images into the public domain.

We have no idea the weight of evidence that the police have. It was obviously good enough for the Magistrate to grant a further 36 hours in detention. He/She was satisfied that the suspicion for arrest and continued detention was reasonable and that there were further reasonable lines of enquiry to be followed. The police will have had to put their case and answer searching questions before the custody extension was granted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, given you are a police officer I especially respect every word you said

Just am pretty sure that Pawel Relowicz was initially charged with indecent exposure and remanded in custody, upon being convicted of those charges at trial he was then rearrested and charged with the rape and murder of Libby

As they had him in custody anyway it gave them time to build a cast iron case for the death of Libby and didn’t have to stop questioning him for that when he got charged with indecent exposure

could the same not happen here?

I think probably a bit different with Libby to be honest as at the time Relowicz was charged with the indecent exposure Libby's body had not been found so they had no proof at that point she was even deceased.

It ran right up until the custody clock ran out as well if I remember right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa