GUILTY UK - Bennylyn Burke, 25, & her 2 daughters (1 found alive), Kingwood, 17 Feb 2021 *arrest*

March 11 2021
Neighbours of missing mum and toddler 'worried and scared'

''Neighbours of the 25-year-old have now spoken to Bristol Live about their fears.

A resident at Fairview Court, in Court Road, said police had knocked on her door to ask about Bennylyn.''

"I had seen her a couple of times, but it had been a while since I had last seen her," she continued. "I had never spoken to her.

"They [police] asked me if I had heard screaming. It is a bit scary."

"We get police coming and going all the time here - there is stuff going on all the time," the woman continued. "I didn't know anything about it, just what I had seen in the news but it is not very nice.''

"This is not a very nice place to live and everyone keeps themselves to themselves," she continued. "There is a lot of people coming and going all the time. I cannot wait to move out."

''Another resident said police knocked on his door to ask questions about flat number 7, adding officers were going inside the flat last week.''

The travel thing is interesting. Technically you are not permitted to travel in to Scotland from England without exceptional reasons. There’s police at train stations checking who’s getting off, if their travel is essential and where they’re going. I can’t imagine it would be too difficult to tell a convincing fib in that scenario but it’s risky with two kids in tow. There are still direct flights from Bristol to Edinburgh once or twice a week I think but I don’t know if anybody bothers checking the UK arrivals people. Too busy quarantining the non UK people. They’d have a firm record of her arrival date etc if that’s how she travelled north.

If you’re driving it’s 7.5 hours and 440 miles each way.

I’m interested in why residents are saying it’s “not a very nice place to live”. Initial reports mentioned something about housing for women who had experienced DV, but now I’m wondering if it’s a more general transit housing scheme.

I’ll see what I can find out and come back to this post.

ETA yes, I was right. Fairview Court, Court Rd, Kingswood is a block of flats for emergency housing. Confusingly there’s also a dementia care home in Kingswood called Fairview Court.

This news article and shows pictures and video of the outside of the flats Troon Avenue investigation: Bennylyn Burke's former neighbours in Kingswood tell of English part of probe - The Courier

Last edited:
The article said one child is being "supported" if I read correctly. Does that mean one is alive?

Yes

Missing mum and daughter, 2, were murdered, cops say as 2nd child found alive

A second child reported missing has been traced and is being supported, officers confirmed.

Bennylyn was last seen in Bristol on February 17 and was reported missing from South Gloucestershire on March 1.

She is thought to have travelled to Dundee.

Police attended a property on Troon Avenue in Dundee around 3.20pm on Friday as part of an enquiry into the disappearance of Bennylyn and two children.

One of the children was found alive, while the disappearances of Bennylyn and little Jellica are being treated as a murder investigation, cops said.

Officers are still searching for their bodies.

The article said one child is being "supported" if I read correctly. Does that mean one is alive?

Yes

Missing mum and daughter, 2, were murdered, cops say as 2nd child found alive

A second child reported missing has been traced and is being supported, officers confirmed.

Bennylyn was last seen in Bristol on February 17 and was reported missing from South Gloucestershire on March 1.

She is thought to have travelled to Dundee.

Police attended a property on Troon Avenue in Dundee around 3.20pm on Friday as part of an enquiry into the disappearance of Bennylyn and two children.

One of the children was found alive, while the disappearances of Bennylyn and little Jellica are being treated as a murder investigation, cops said.

Officers are still searching for their bodies.

Oh this is going to be awful. The unknown means of death for the 2yr old, whilst keeping the older one alive is very worrying. I actually feel sick.
Early on in this thread someone posted a link hinting at the perps name, the article said he's done jail time for a sexual attack.. something along those lines.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back