Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KentOnline tweeted at 13:36...

'#BREAKING A search of military tunnels underneath the family garage of the suspect in the #SarahEverard investigation was an "unrelated training exercise", the fire service has said. The Met has stepped up its presence at the garage.'

Bit of an insensitive time and location for a training exercise IMHO!

More suggestion of his pre meditation, he might have spent weeks or months finding the ideal spot for disposing of a body and planning the murder in his head

Possibly yes but still difficult to follow how he would find that specific spot. There must be so many others and if you decide to hide a body (can’t bring myself to write what the police said earlier this week) quite some way from where you live (I guess that’s the logical thing to do) then there are probably better places.

As far as I know the property was still up for sale and while they haven’t managed to sell in years there is always a chance someone is interested and wants to have a tour. Or even the owners might go there frequently to check everything is ok or they might use it as a storage facility.

I think I’m just thinking too much about it as it’s so close.

Another speculative theory is that he got to that spot and called his wife to come and meet him or bring him something and they knew about that somehow. That would explain why she was arrested.
^^RSBM
I don't believe she was an accessory. I think it more likely that his wife provided WC with an alibi that proved to be false. She likely told police that he was home all evening when in-fact he was allegedly out murdering a young woman. His wife was soon released on bail -- waiting for an April court appearance. MOO

Last edited:
I have huge sympathy with the police as they are massively understaffed and underfunded - but there is no way this is not going to be a big deal that they failed to follow up a report that may have prevented a murder (possibly multiple murders judging by the police presence). It will be especially damning in the aftermath of the Libby case.

I feel the same and the fact is most of the police are good people who want to help and are trying hard to do that with limited resources. Most walk towards danger and risk their lives for others daily - think of the late PC Andrew Harper who went into the police as he always knew he wanted to help people, sadly though others (like WC) seem to go into the police because they want the control/power, a veil of respectability and access to/trust of people, especially more vulnerable people:( He knew women would trust him as a police man, he probably knew he could stop and talk to any lone women and by showing his badge/warrant card their guard would be down.

I think there's a good chance that WC maintained workweek lodging around Clapham Commons/Poynders Rd -- reportedly on 3 miles from his embassy work post. His residence in Deal -- about 80 miles, would be a hefty commute. If true, he'd have reason to be parked or have a vehicle nearby. MOO
This was my thinking previously but not so sure anymore as I think they would be searching this place too?
I know they may not think any evidence of Sarah would be there but possibly for other crimes? I think all premises associated with WC would be searched and apart from the search around Poynders Court I haven’t seen any evidence of any London residences being searched.

Last edited:
Thanks Ted, you always give fantastic insight, I remember you from mm and cb discussions, alas I have got extremely behind with that one, I may dip in again when this quietens down!

Believe me you're not behind!
Just a lot of sleuthing going nowhere, (still good to discuss though) nothing really new since last August x

Possibly yes but still difficult to follow how he would find that specific spot. There must be so many others and if you decide to hide a body (can’t bring myself to write what the police said earlier this week) quite some way from where you live (I guess that’s the logical thing to do) then there are probably better places.

As far as I know property was still up for sale and while they haven’t managed to sell in years there is always a chance someone is interested and wants to have a tour. Or even the owners might go there frequently to check everything is ok or they might use it as a storage facility.

I think I’m just thinking too much about it as it’s so close.

Probably a variety of things...place thats very infrequently visited by public, place with roads that lead up to it that don’t have cameras, somewhere that’s relatively accessible on his route so he can explain being in locality if questioned. But yes I know what you mean, a lot of his decisions haven’t been logical and as we can’t see in his head (probably a good thing) it leaves many questions unanswered...

I am wondering if they are literally going to take every item from the house, every item from his locker, every item from his car etc. Even things that seem unrelated, spoons from the kitchen, wheelbarrow from the garden.... They cannot be seen to miss anything. This isn't a normal case. They MUST search every possible location and even gather every piece of rubbish because it is the reputation of the met on the line. This is not a normal case, not a normal investigation and if anyone even suggests they weren't thorough because it's one of their own then there will be so much trouble for them. There will be police colleagues fearing for their own jobs, open to criticism, even Cressida Dicks will be worried of the ramifications. No stone will be left unturned, regardless of whether there's 1 body or 100 bodies. I don't think we can judge the behaviour of the police and press in this case in the same manner that we would any other case. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios