Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Would there be a charge of kidnapping if there is evidence (camera footage, witness accounts?) of SE voluntarily getting into his vehicle?

Just wondering if the fact that he's been charged with kidnapping means there is some evidence of an actual abduction to counter any possible argument put forward by the Defence that she was a willing particpant on a journey to Kent?

Teen dragged into bushes in rape attack

Wayne Couzens joined the MPS on 10 September 2018. His first posting was to South Area where he joined a response team covering the Bromley area.

“He then moved to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command on February 1 2020 where his primary role was on uniformed patrol duties of diplomatic premises, mainly a range of embassies.” Police officer charged with the kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard

do you think this looks like him?
YES please send this on to Kent Police.

how do I do it please?

If you murder someone and then transport them somewhere it's not kidnap. He's got a kidnapping charge presumably because he drove her somewhere alive first.

but she could have been killed in the car immediately after being abducted- I don’t see how this means she was alive for some time? Or am I not getting it?

In my experience, it’s actually very easy to cause mild to moderate head injuries very quickly, if you’re determined enough. (I mainly worked with adults with special needs, so their motivations were different but same form of self injury).

Picture, guards outside the door. WC waits for a moment of reasonable distraction - shift changeover or similar - and then begins to bash his skull against the toilet, for example. By the time the watching officer has got the door open, sounded the alarm and entered to intervene, he’ll have easily had time to strike himself rapidly 5-10 times.
Enough to bleed, bruise, and warrant medical checks under the circumstances.

It’s interesting to ponder whether these may be revenge attacks by colleagues, or WC trying to make it appear as such as a form of manipulation. He’s gone from wielding a lot of power to almost none in a short space of time. Self injury is one of the few cards he has left to play to create any sense of control.

She was not in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was where she was meant to be, walking home in the direction of her house.

HE was in the wrong place, he had no reason to be there. He should have been driving home from work.

I said this earlier. Nothing she did was wrong. A victim is never in the wrong place, the perp is in the wrong.

Wayne Couzens joined the MPS on 10 September 2018. His first posting was to South Area where he joined a response team covering the Bromley area.

“He then moved to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command on February 1 2020 where his primary role was on uniformed patrol duties of diplomatic premises, mainly a range of embassies.” Police officer charged with the kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard

Dear God!!

Quick question while trying to catch up so apologies if it’s already been asked.

he’s due to appear in court tomorrow I gather, so question for legal people or anyone else that knows, will this just be sort of routine to confirm charges or is this when he pleads guilty or not?

How far is the forensic search taking place from East Sussex I wonder? No smoke without fire, eh Dicky Bird!

The defini
snipped for focus

Would there be a charge of kidnapping if there is evidence (camera footage, witness accounts?) of SE voluntarily getting into his vehicle?

Just wondering if the fact that he's been charged with kidnapping means there is some evidence of an actual abduction to counter any possible argument put forward by the Defence that she was a willing particpant on a journey to Kent?
The definition of kidnapping is distinct to abduction. It also includes taking someone by fraud or deception. I don’t know for certain if it also involves holding them against their will which I presume could mean in a car also

how do I do it please?

Wow

that actually does look a lot like him

There is a striking resemblance.

Hello! New poster here. I haven’t seen this mentioned so I thought I’d comment. I hope that’s ok. Please delete if not allowed.
Looking at the aerial photo that was posted earlier of the forensics team stood in the field facing the back of the house, it appears that WC/EC have had a huge amount of garden work done including a new path and patio area with gazebo - looking at the aerial view on Google maps and another link that was posted earlier to a source that I believe we cannot mention due to the terms of this site, but clearly showed the garden from a ground perspective with a cement mixer in the garden - this work has been undertaken in the last 11 months. Do you think they will check under the path/patio for evidence?

If that's true I sure hope someone informs the Met so they can look into it. I'd hate for something really important to be missed in this case.

He seems like a criminal of opportunity and impulse more than anything. IE in a fast food restaurant doesn't seem very pre-meditated to me. If he knew the net was closing in after the IE incident, this may explain the escalation to abduction.
He did not know, though
Mr Couzens was arrested at his home in Kent on Tuesday evening on suspicion of kidnap. The following day following the discovery of human remains, Mr Couzens was further arrested on suspicion of murder.

At that stage it was also realised that Mr Couzens vehicle was linked to the indecent exposure allegation and he was arrested on suspicion of that offence.
Sarah Everard: Metropolitan Police face inquiry over handling of case

snipped for focus

That's an interesting point. This is why I was curious as to why they would charge with both kidnap and murder, as surely the case for murder significantly outweighs that for kidnap, unless perhaps they are concerned about how convincingly they can prove the case for murder?

how do I do it please?

I've reported via the Crimestoppers website, using the crime ref number and details in the article.

It's him, right? Or he's got a twin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members