Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the PC’s guarding the site of her remains posted a “graphic” regarding the case to other officers in a what’s app group. It wasn’t a pic or anything related to Sarah so my guess is an inappropriate meme of gif referencing the state of her body. But that’s just my opinion.

"The graphic does not contain photographic images, no images of Sarah, nor any other material obtained from or related to the investigation into Sarah’s murder."

Maybe even a picture of the PO and where they were?

This is really interesting and so true. I was mugged back in the day, not a million miles from where Sarah disappeared actually, and because I was young and feisty in those days my instinct was to fight. I vividly remember shouting '*advertiser censored** Off' twice at my mugger (which in fairness is pretty much my stock response to anything unexpected) and trying to get my bag away from him. But then suddenly it occurred to me he might have a knife and that fighting wasn't a very smart thing to do, and in that moment everything became like a slow motion sequence. I've never heard of 'Flop' but this is literally what happened next. Having made a conscious decision not to resist anymore, my arm went completely slack and I remember him pulling my bag strap along the whole length of it while I just stared at it in disbelief like it was a disembodied limb. I've always felt that was a really weird way to behave, and even caught myself thinking that he must have thought I was a complete nitwit (which tells you something about the mountain of social conditioning teaching women to fret endlessly about what people think of them ffs). Good to know it's a completely normal variation on Fight vs Flight, and I'm not a weirdo nitwit!

No-one should be made to feel like a weirdo nitwit, well maybe the perpetrators! The slow motion thing happened to me too (it's various hormones pumping around your bloodstream), I had an instinct to fight too. Who knows how long I could have sustained that though, lucky for me the 'weirdo nitwit' attacker chose a relatively busy path in the daytime and he was interrupted.

This is what I suggested earlier, someone has recognised his face in the news and remembers seeing him acting suspiciously in the coop carpark area of Sandwich at some point since Sarah went missing? MOO.

General consensus amongst the locals seems to be that both him and the car were captured on the town hall CCTV, aswell as him depositing something into those large recycling bins. It would make sense, with the speedy police response. MOO.

Met officer under investigation after sharing offensive image during Sarah Everard operation

15 Mar 2021

A Metropolitan Police officer is under investigation after sharing inappropriate material on social media in connection with the Sarah Everard investigation.

The junior officer has been removed from his current duties and the matter has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

It is understood the incident, which occurred after Miss Everard's body was discovered, relates to an offensive meme.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "On Friday, 12 March, the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards was made of aware of an inappropriate graphic that was allegedly shared via social media by a probationary MPS police constable with some colleagues.

[..]

"The graphic does not contain photographic images, no images of Sarah, nor any other material obtained from or related to the investigation into Sarah’s murder.

The junior officer has been removed from his current duties and the matter has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

It is understood the incident, which occurred after Miss Everard's body was discovered, relates to an offensive meme.
Met officer under investigation after sharing offensive image during Sarah Everard investigation

It said it concerned a probationer. I think a reasonable view at this point is that they will fail probation.

One of the PC’s guarding the site of her remains posted a “graphic” regarding the case to other officers in a what’s app group. It wasn’t a pic or anything related to Sarah so my guess is an inappropriate meme of gif referencing the state of her body. But that’s just my opinion.

I don't understand why they would "notify her family" if it was a gif though, strange...

I don't understand why they would "notify her family" if it was a gif though, strange...

I imagine it was along the lines of "one of our officers sent this, you will probably hear about it in the press, we believe it was totally inappropriate and want to reassure you that we're taking every step of investigation extremely seriously"

MOO

Transparency of what's going on in the investigation?

They will want the family to trust them but it seems there are some very bad attitudes from male police officers ( presuming it was a male, I could be wrong, but a male officer at the vigil also acted badly and is being reprimanded now)

Possibly not.'Sarah Everard: How commenting on social media could land you in contempt of court'
Sarah Everard: Social media and the danger of contempt of court

WS MODs/Admin - in the same way a thread is flagged in the title when the victim is known to be “Found Deceased” (sadly) - could there be another ‘tag’ next to it to indicate the case is at the stage where if certain things were said on the WS thread then ‘contempt of court’ could be a risk? I know it is in the rules, but as has been seen with threads being closed, people don’t always read/know the rules. Not sure what short phrase/word could be used, but at least then when people see the thread they know instantly (like they do that the victim has be found deceased) what stage the case it at and maybe it would start to become common knowledge if a case if flag XYZ then be careful what is said.

I think he was in the Civil Nuclear Constabulary for quite a while.

Somebody on here mentioned that a part of his role in the CNC would have been accompanying nuclear materials by rail.. I can’t find that post now. But does anybody know if the rail line that is right by his house, by the woods where they found her remains, and also by The Ropewalk, would have been a line he travelled on for this.

I can’t stop thinking that all these locations are so close to that line..

(edited for a grammar error.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members