UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was her car recovered by a local garage? Do they have a left hand smoker? Green flag usually work from the nearest garage.
Was her car sabotaged, made to break down so they could recover it.
I have been given cards before by local taxi minicabs touting for business. Put my number in your phone they say, incase you need it. One cold morning running late, arranges minicab taxi to work.

Im sure Im like a lot of other people who are wondering why the garage her car was in for repair cannot be disclosed.
Whats the big secret?

I know a garage in the Layerthorpe area was previously mentioned. hmm give an area not a particular garage. Why?
Probably because we could go check;)

the photos were posted by KIR, post number 755.

The SUV could be a Mitsubishi warrior but looks to me also like a Navara
Hmm. Some similarity on the tax disc holder, but I’m not convinced that’s a Corsa in the roadworks photo. Headlights and bonnet profile look different to the NYP compound photos of CL’s car. I see what you mean about the wheels though.
DNA profile

Im sure Im like a lot of other people who are wondering why the garage her car was in for repair cannot be disclosed.
Whats the big secret?

I know a garage in the Layerthorpe area was previously mentioned. hmm give an area not a particular garage. Why?
Probably because we could go check;)
Sounds like it was being ‘done through a mate’ - even pre-internet a commercial garage could source a common engine in a couple of days at most via national used parts suppliers.

Hmm. Some similarity on the tax disc holder, but I’m not convinced that’s a Corsa in the roadworks photo. Headlights and bonnet profile look different to the NYP compound photos of CL’s car. I see what you mean about the wheels though.
DNA profile
Though the brown discolouration apparently on that wheel alone could be the result of brake pad disintegration caused by a seized caliper - but (as ever) it’s difficult to tell whether the other front wheel was similarly discoloured due the missing wheel trim. That said, the front left tyre appears much darker than the others, suggesting a spare wheel was fitted not long before the compound photos were taken.

What you are doing is natural - we all look for similarities. It’s unlikely - the way in which he has killed S.E. Is impulsive and disorganised. For a armed police officer he’s shown little ability to get away with murder. On the other hand C.Ls killer is organised or very lucky - though even with luck on your side you still have to tie up loose ends. Which until now seems to be the case.

Very true with CL it must have been very well planned to leave completely no trace

the photos were posted by KIR, post number 755.

The SUV could be a Mitsubishi warrior but looks to me also like a Navara
Looks like you nailed it first time: Navara - roof rails projecting back beyond the rear mount and a hint of the chrome Nissan badge at the top of the tailgate.

Attachments

• F0B53937-284E-470F-92C5-307BF376E946.jpeg
    F0B53937-284E-470F-92C5-307BF376E946.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 06B6A595-7604-4723-BBA1-9B0CD057BCCD.jpeg
    06B6A595-7604-4723-BBA1-9B0CD057BCCD.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 58
  • B5E0B44E-EF86-4691-8329-BF4BEA08BB2A.jpeg
    B5E0B44E-EF86-4691-8329-BF4BEA08BB2A.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 54
How experienced is Wayne Fox in general police force?

Case certainly needs a fresh pair of eyes and probably someone from outside NYP.

In this article by Mail Online 6th May 2010 a statement released by Martin Dale says
What is really needed now is an urgent independant inquiry with a public report.
The statement said the NPIA review was unsatifactory as it was the 'police policing the police' and the findings could be kept secret.

upload_2021-3-16_16-34-29.png

A question.
A thread or so ago, a sleuth was asking about the pro’s and cons of a few of Claudias Possessions taken to the nags by a young man who said he had found them - this man or the Scarf etc never traced. Is this hearsay or is it officially documented somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53