GA - 8 dead after shootings at three spas, Atlanta, 16 Mar 2021 *arrest*

Dallas Volunteer

Former Member
Reaction score
4 dead following shootings at 2 spas in northeast Atlanta, officer tells Channel 2

Police say at least four people are dead following shootings at two spas in northeast Atlanta, a police officer told Channel 2 Action News.

Piedmont Road is shut down in both directions near Cheshire Bridge Road by the heavy police activity. Officers with guns could be seen walking along the street outside the spas. Crime scene tape surrounded both the Aromatherapy Spa and Gold Spa on the 1900 block of Piedmont Road.

In a news conference, Atlanta police confirmed all four victims were female and appeared to be Asian. Officers said they are checking on other Asian spas in the area and increasing patrols.

Officers are currently searching the area for a possible suspect.

Witnesses told Channel 2′s Tyisha Fernandes they hid behind cars as they heard gunshots go off in the area.

Earlier today, at least 3 people were killed at a massage parlor in Cherokee County. Officials there are searching for a suspect in a black SUV. There is no confirmation that the shootings are related.

Last edited:
Manhunt for shooter who killed 2, injured 3 at Cherokee County massage parlor

IMG_7863-e1615934813902.jpg

A manhunt is underway in Cherokee County for a shooter who entered a business off of Georgia Highway 92 and opened fire, killing two and injuring three others, deputies confirmed.

Investigators released surveillance images captured from the scene around 4:50 p.m. Tuesday at a massage parlor along GA-92 near Bells Ferry Road, about a mile west of Woodstock. Deputies said it shows the suspect entering a dark-colored Hyundai SUV.

Details surrounding the actual shooting are still being pieced together.

dual.jpg

Cherokee County deputies released these images of a vehicle believed to belong to a gunman in a deadly shooting on March 16, 2021. (Cherokee County Sheriff's Office)

Traffic was snarled near the intersection of Georgia Highway 92 and Bells Ferry Road a little after 5 p.m. as deputies investigated the scene.

The distance between the first shooting in the north Atlanta suburbs and where he was caught way south of Atlanta is about 170 miles. I think he was caught something like 3.5 hours after the first shooting, so he was driving damn fast and lucky on traffic to make it that far -- especially if he did the shootings in Atlanta proper. This was during Atlanta rush hour (which is still present despite COVID) and it's raining here today.

The distance between the first shooting in the north Atlanta suburbs and where he was caught way south of Atlanta is about 170 miles. I think he was caught something like 3.5 hours after the first shooting, so he was driving damn fast and lucky on traffic to make it that far -- especially if he did the shootings in Atlanta proper. This was during Atlanta rush hour (which is still present despite COVID) and it's raining here today.
That is helpful info, thank you.

Hard to believe that women were killed in spas within the same time frame without the crimes being connected, imo. It looks like there is still another gunman at large, and that the gunman is probably, imo, connected to the perp who was caught.

I'm thinking the second gunman will be caught quickly too. Hope so.

jmo

Hard to believe that women were killed in spas within the same time frame without the crimes being connected, imo. It looks like there is still another gunman at large, and that the gunman is probably, imo, connected to the perp who was caught.

jmo

NBC just reported the same guy was a suspect in all 3 incidents.

<modsnip deleted post>

This link was provided earlier.

I hope this isn’t the case, but I would not be surprised if it turns out that these murders were motivated by the anti-Asian sentiment that seems to have been on the rise since the start of the pandemic (which a number of public figures memorably blamed on China). It’s a tragedy no matter the motivation, of course—IMO, though, it would just be that much worse if these women were targeted solely because of their race. I am slightly surprised but very pleased to see the murderer was taken in alive so that least there’s the potential that he will provide insight into his homicidal rage.

Last edited:

jmo
It's starting to look like all the shootings were done by the same perp.

I suspected two friends working together, but now I think it is the guy who has been caught.

jmo

I hope this isn’t the case, but I would not be surprised if it turns out that these murders were motivated by the anti-Asian sentiment that seems to have been on the rise since the start of the pandemic (which a number of public figures memorably blamed on China).

While I like to keep an open mind there is no source provided to support statements that this crime was perpetrated due to racist, anti-asian sentiments.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back