WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

I have an appointment tomorrow to get pre-screened to donate convalescent plasma. I have to test negative for human leukocyte antigens and positive for Covid antibodies in order to be eligible. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for you. I'm trying again Saturday. I have a hard time getting my iron high enough.

I'm still tired all the time. My heart rate shoots up randomly, and I feel miserable. My doctor didn't really listen. I'm trying to work and deal with Dad's estate, but last Friday, I was at work and I needed to adjust my insulin. I was also worrying about having to go into the bank, and feeling bad because I haven't put out and obituary yet. I've been a diabetic forever. But last Friday, my exhausted brain completely spaced out, and I massively overdosed on insulin. And then finished work and went to drive home. I remember getting horribly sick. I was trying to pull over and grab my candy, but I was sweating so hard, my glasses fell off. I remember pulling into the median because I knew I had to get off the road. Then there were voices everywhere, but I felt too sick to answer. Next thing I knew I was in an ambulance. My sugar was 25. Miraculously, I did get the car parked by myself. A big rig noticed my struggle and called 911. I had my road id on, so they checked my sugar immediately. I did, however, have to pay quite a lot of money to get my car from impound.
I blame this all on Covid. My brain and body weren't perfect, but they were much more functional than this.
Be safe, folks. Take lots of naps and fluids. This thing isn't kidding around, and we don't really know who it all works yet.

Oh @Coppertop15! What a scary ordeal. I’m so glad you got parked safely and got help right away. Covid really has its tentacles wrapped around us. Please take care. I’m so sorry about your Dad. :(

@Coppertop15 what a frightening experience. Fortunately you made it.

I’m so sorry you are still struggling with the aftermath of Covid-19 while you have to come to terms with the loss of your Dad, are grieving and have to arrange everything official around it too.
One would get confused from less without the long term effects from Covid already... is definitely nothing to be a shame of.
You know what? You even managed to get your car out of the way of others, that’s a great achievement! And God bless the one who called an ambulance.

Just hang in there, many of us are thinking of you.

Hopefully you too will get the vaccine soon enough. I don’t understand either why Type 1 wouldn’t be as urgent as Type 2. There must be some scientific explanation for this.

I’m sending you positive vibes and warm hugs.

My blood test results all came back ok so my gp has officially referred me to the long covid clinic. I need to wait for a letter now explaining next steps and hopefully inviting me to an appointment. I'll keep you all posted. I feel really glad and also intrigued!

Please keep us posted- I am sorry you have to go through this----Who ever thought at the beginning of this pandemic that it would be anything more than a very serious respiratory illness? (not to minimize that, but I don't think people had an inkling of the potential this virus had on the entire body including the heart, blood vessels, etc.)

Please keep us posted- I am sorry you have to go through this----Who ever thought at the beginning of this pandemic that it would be anything more than a very serious respiratory illness? (not to minimize that, but I don't think people had an inkling of the potential this virus had on the entire body including the heart, blood vessels, etc.)
Thank you but its not so bad in the big scheme xX

Its a heavy fatigue which hits a few times in a week, aching and weak legs, palpitations and I think a mild skin rash may be related. While I'm working from home I can cope. The weather is changing here and I'm making a big effort to get into the garden and do some mild physical work. So far so good!

And I got vaccinated. Yay! I feel horrible. Less yay. I guess it's working? I just wish I had a week off from everything. Consider that in your scheduling.

Was this your first or second dose of vaccine? It seems the second dose usually hits people harder :( . But as you've already had Covid, your immune response may be more like a second-dose recipient's. Or it's simply your individual response.

Here's hoping you are DONE with the effects of this horrid virus now. It's really put you through the mill enough already!

Was this your first or second dose of vaccine? It seems the second dose usually hits people harder :( . But as you've already had Covid, your immune response may be more like a second-dose recipient's. Or it's simply your individual response.

Here's hoping you are DONE with the effects of this horrid virus now. It's really put you through the mill enough already!

This was my first! *Gulp* I am taking a week off of work when I get the next one. It's been like the first few days of Covid all over again. It's still worth it, but I think that people who have previously had Covid should know that the vaccinations will likely be pretty hard on them. I had prepped for sore arm, achy, and tired. I got all that, good and hard, plus nausea, lack of appetite, chills, rash, SOB, tachycardia, dizziness, and incredible depression. I mean, yesterday I was crying because of wind chimes!!!
So next month, a week off, and I'm making sure I have won ton soup and a ton of Gatorade.

Copper top, I hope you feel better soon. There is no rhyme nor reason predicting how any one person will react to the vaccine. I know a lady who had a bad reaction like you did. She has not had covid. My husband and myself had covid back in Oct but only had mildly sore arms from the vaccine. My friend who has not had covid had mild symptoms with her second shot. I have no idea how my second shot will be , I get it Easter Saturday. It’s all a guessing game.

This was my first! *Gulp* I am taking a week off of work when I get the next one. It's been like the first few days of Covid all over again. It's still worth it, but I think that people who have previously had Covid should know that the vaccinations will likely be pretty hard on them. I had prepped for sore arm, achy, and tired. I got all that, good and hard, plus nausea, lack of appetite, chills, rash, SOB, tachycardia, dizziness, and incredible depression. I mean, yesterday I was crying because of wind chimes!!!
So next month, a week off, and I'm making sure I have won ton soup and a ton of Gatorade.

Wow, that's awful – especially the nervous system and mood-altering symptoms. :( I really hope you can get through all this discomfort in very short order. It must be so difficult knowing you still have one shot to go.

My DH got his first Covid shot last Thursday (Moderna I think), and didn't really have much in the way of reaction. I, on the other hand, got a simple TDAP booster last week, and it put me down for the count - fever, dizziness, a massive cold sore, and 3 days of muscular aches. There's really no predicting immune reactions I guess. I just got notification from my health care system that I am eligible to schedule the Covid vax at one of their participating hospitals once I'm fourteen days out from the TDAP - this feels a bit like going out of the frying pan and into the fire! But I do want to get it over with, and hopefully we all can go into the summer feeling more freedom with safety than we did last year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back