POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he DID have an EPIC cameo - or should we say his VOICE had an epic cameo - at his house on the Discovery Plus version. That had to be the most thoroughly entertaining scene of the entire show, Alexis and Billy standing there scratching their heads and fumbling with an umbrella...
CRICKETS.

I concur
so fake
as IF Burke would let them play him the fool like that.
NEVER

S
I've never posted here but follow for years. IMO including her on that podcast immediately negates its credibility. I could be wrong but I also suspect that both of them on the podcast are probably the same people posting their "opinions" and "impressions" of the podcast.
Well nothing could discredit the podcast more than its own horrible quality of production (probably the worst audio production I’ve ever heard in a podcast). But DPH sounded very credible to me; she seemed to have knowledge that only a resident of Oak Beach would know, including personal associations with some of the players, including Joe Brewer and Peter Hackett...and of course, her ex-husband who she claims strangled her to the point of near death. Did she not file a police report of that alleged incident?

S

Well nothing could discredit the podcast more than its own horrible quality of production (probably the worst audio production I’ve ever heard in a podcast). But DPH sounded very credible to me; she seemed to have knowledge that only a resident of Oak Beach would know, including personal associations with some of the players, including Joe Brewer and Peter Hackett...and of course, her ex-husband who she claims strangled her to the point of near death. Did she not file a police report of that alleged incident?
Around 20 mins into the first of the LISK-related episodes (H-C2 podcast) she mentions talking to police about it (her being strangled) when they came to her home with regard to the DNA sample(s) she was reporting, and about 50 mins into the same episode she mentions calling the police on her ex in 2011.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Numerous posters have made comments along these lines, calling Ray a red herring and claiming he is in cahoots with the corrupt regime in Suffolk County to sabotage the case, yet, he has been a vocal critic of them and there is nothing to substantiate the claims that Ray is covering up for anyone.

It's essentially a theory being spewed by a few select posters (some of which appear to be sock puppet accounts) with their own motives. If there is anything of substance behind those statements, now is the time to put it on the table or take a hike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Around 20 mins into the first of the LISK-related episodes (H-C2 podcast) she mentions talking to police about it (her being strangled) when they came to her home with regard to the DNA sample(s) she was reporting, and about 50 mins into the same episode she mentions calling the police on her ex in 2011.
I wonder if the current SCPD regime, or FBI, has talked to her. They must have, I would think, if they are actually working on this ad an active investigation.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I haven't made any claim that Ray is a world class trial attorney. <modsnip: Referenced info was removed>

His resume, or lack thereof , doesn't mean he is working for Spota to conceal evidence.

He did win the battle against the police department to get the 911 tapes released to him.

Also, regarding poor man vs. rich man. Friendly reminder that Ray is representing the estate of Shannan Gilbert. He has worked on this pro bono, if you haven't picked up on this yet, the Gilbert family are not oligarchs and it doesn't make them less entitled to justice or answers either.

Few lawyers would invest this much of their own time in a case. I don't see a red herring deposing all the folks in Oak Beach and offering the electronic devices of Shannan's he has to Geraldine Hart.

We can agree to disagree, don't get bent out of shape because you have nothing more than "Ray hasn't won a single big case, RED HERRING!"

On Ray, I will say one fact that may or may not alter some people’s opinion, and it is not to say that I am taking any definitive stance on the subject, however...
Once a while back when I was deep in my research mode I uncovered a short video clip of him at a dinner with someone where he was acting sort of gossipy about MG and I found it to be disturbing. It reminded me of the neighborhood old ladies who have nothing better to do than talk smack about local residents, it was that type of matter-of-fact tone in his voice and it seemed almost mocking. I don’t believe he knew he was being recorded or he wouldn’t have been so forthcoming with her personal stuff in the tone and manner with which he said it. I doubt that what I viewed is still available for public consumption online but it may very well be. I am not here to character assassinate anyone nor to take sides. I am on one side, and that is to get to the core of any and all truths.
Just a few things to consider...
Thinking of all people who have really had a hand in the thwarting of this investigation, and their power (however far in the past or however still a formidable force in the present) has anyone stopped to wonder why no harm has ever come to him though he outwardly presents as one of the strongest proponents for justice in this case? With the exception of not being granted access to the tapes for a very long period of time, he has not publicly made known any sort of say like threats to his person or other harassment. I am by no means advocating that he should experience anything nefarious, but what I mean to say is, if he legitimately does or did have honest intentions to see this case to its proper conclusion why do you think it is that he has been able to say, for example ‘nose around’ for clues and witness statements and evidence and also publicize certain case details on documentaries radio and podcasts and yet has not himself been threatened or harmed by the powers that be who want this swept under the rug, almost sort of untouchably? Critical thinking required here.

Last edited:
On Ray, I will say one fact that may or may not alter some people’s opinion, and it is not to say that I am taking any definitive stance on the subject, however...
Once a while back when I was deep in my research mode I uncovered a short video clip of him at a dinner with someone where he was acting sort of gossipy about MG and I found it to be disturbing. It reminded me of the neighborhood old ladies who have nothing better to do than talk smack about local residents, it was that type of matter-of-fact tone in his voice and it seemed almost mocking. I don’t believe he knew he was being recorded or he wouldn’t have been so forthcoming with her personal stuff in the tone and manner with which he said it. I doubt that what I viewed is still available for public consumption online but it may very well be. I am not here to character assassinate anyone nor to take sides. I am on one side, and that is to get to the core of any and all truths.
Just a few things to consider...
Thinking of all people who have really had a hand in the thwarting of this investigation, and their power (however far in the past or however still a formidable force in the present) has anyone stopped to wonder why no harm has ever come to him though he outwardly presents as one of the strongest proponents for justice in this case? With the exception of not being granted access to the tapes for a very long period of time, he has not publicly made known any sort of say like threats to his person or other harassment. I am by no means advocating that he should experience anything nefarious, but what I mean to say is, if he legitimately does or did have honest intentions to see this case to its proper conclusion why do you think it is that he has been able to say, for example ‘nose around’ for clues and witness statements and evidence and also publicize certain case details on documentaries radio and podcasts and yet has not himself been threatened or harmed by the powers that be who want this swept under the rug, almost sort of untouchably? Critical thinking required here.

You know he hasn't been threatened? How do you know this?

You're operating under the assumption that he hasn't been AND that if he was, he would make that information public.

Heres the bottom line, if someone got to Ray, it would draw more attention to those with something to hide. One thing is for certain, the individuals who wielded that power at some point in time are being watched closely by the Feds.

You know he hasn't been threatened? How do you know this?

You're operating under the assumption that he hasn't been AND that if he was, he would make that information public.

Heres the bottom line, if someone got to Ray, it would draw more attention to those with something to hide. One thing is for certain, the individuals who wielded that power at some point in time are being watched closely by the Feds.

Of course there are a number of people under federal scrutiny and I am not assuming he has not been threatened. I do not assume anything which has not been proven as fact in this entire case. We all theorize on here. That is part of the point of this website. I am not on here to completely discredit Ray. What I said was that if he has been threatened or what have you then he has not made that known. Could you honestly say that JR, a man who is by no means media shy, strikes you as the type of man who would keep quiet if he had major threats placed upon him , or if he say for example, found out his office had been bugged? I do not assume anything has or had not happened to him. However, if he has been a target of any backlash beyond the pd being withholding of evidence, he has not brought that forth as of yet <modsnip: Sleuthing a non POI/suspect is not allowed>

I am getting a little tired of the accusations regarding John Ray. <modsnip>
As far as I know he was not within miles of Shannan Gilbert the day she died. Talking about JR in the context of SG just confuses the issue as far as I am concerened.
To imply JR is part of a cover-up, makes no sense. The case would not have received much publicity if it were not for JR. You do not cover-up with publicity.

I really wish Dorothy would of been interviewed by one of the truly professional podcast series that are out there on the Lisk case. She has what may be some very important information that gets lost in all the Drunken host's creepy backround music, drink making, burping, hickuping, and farting. I am hoping someone with good interviewing skills will redo this one.

Well it is worth noting that during the podcast w. DPH, it is pointed out that her allegations against specific individuals, including her ex-husband, Oak Beach players, as well as specific individuals in LE, have never brought any type of legal action (in regards to slander) by any of those that she makes specific accusations of.

Well it is worth noting that during the podcast w. DPH, it is pointed out that her allegations against specific individuals, including her ex-husband, Oak Beach players, as well as specific individuals in LE, have never brought any type of legal action (in regards to slander) by any of those that she makes specific accusations of.
That's not completely true, she did pursue an OOP against her ex which is a legal action.

That's not completely true, she did pursue an OOP against her ex which is a legal action.
I think Noob meant that DPH has said things about individuals, and those individuals have not come after her for slander or libel, which could be interpreted as those statements having a degree of truth.

3Patriots—yes, exactly. Thanks for clarifying. Although it is interesting that she does not mention the actual name of her ex-husband. She refers to him only as “my ex-husband”. Since they were divorced though, I imagine anyone who wants to can determine his name by searching her name and divorce records. Could he—her ex-husband—be classified as a POI?

3Patriots—yes, exactly. Thanks for clarifying. Although it is interesting that she does not mention the actual name of her ex-husband. She refers to him only as “my ex-husband”. Since they were divorced though, I imagine anyone who wants to can determine his name by searching her name and divorce records. Could he—her ex-husband—be classified as a POI?
She mentioned him (Chris) though in a later episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa