TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would suggest some form of communication between two individuals.

We know from the AT&T and Geofence search warrant that nothing of significance was found. Unless of course the method of communication was not covered/not possible to be covered in the search warrant.
I don’t know about that. Some of that stuff can only become significant once you have a lead suspect with cell phone records that you can compare against the wealth of anonymous data they’ve accumulated in order to find a match. They also had NYPD involved at one point and used a Stingray device.

One of my concerns, though, is the length of time that has elapsed now vs the length of time that carriers keep cell phone and tower data before discarding it. I think the timeframe is usually 4 or 5 years. Maybe @Jethro4WS has some info on this.

Can you link your video on revealing this object? Any idea why SP would have picked up these particular objects? Strange.
Whew. Watched this. Just a few questions.
@Gumshoe Stories

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the west entryway where MB may or may not have been found.

1)Was it deep enough for SP and MB to fight and he shoot her and not activate a camera?

2). What was in Room 10 again? Was there an entryway to that room other than the door they came out of? If so, where does that entry point come from?

3). Where do you suppose SP hid his gun?

I wonder if attempts to break through that big door at the northeast corner is what originally activated the camera?

Maybe that is why there is such a big gap between activation and when SP first appeared on video.? SP was trying like heck to get in and it took much longer than expected. Giving up on the big NE door he went to the kitchen door.

Could SP have done all that damage with a pickaxe?

Thanks for all your hard work and thanks for answering questions!

I don’t know about that. Some of that stuff can only become significant once you have a lead suspect with cell phone records that you can compare against the wealth of anonymous data they’ve accumulated in order to find a match. They also had NYPD involved at one point and used a Stingray device.

One of my concerns, though, is the length of time that has elapsed now vs the length of time that carriers keep cell phone and tower data before discarding it. I think the timeframe is usually 4 or 5 years. Maybe @Jethro4WS has some info on this.
AT&T has a massive database (Hawkeye is the name of the database or the system used to access it) of every record related to cell phones that traverse its networks going back to the beginning of cell phones. If a record was generated AT&T has it. Verizon, likely has one as well but may not go all the way back to the early 1990's.

The issue with cell phone location information is that most of the time it is periodic since the phone is in a small geographic area (like your house) where there is no anticipated need to transition to another tower. The phone system needs to know when a cell phone is in motion so that it can reserve a slot on the next tower in advance of the need to switch towers so as to minimize dropping calls that are in progress and also so that if someone calls your number the system will be able to route the call to the right tower so your phone rings in the first place. But, it should be noted, location information is sent from your phone every time a call is made or received; an SMS text is sent or received; or certain data transactions that are sent via the phone system.

Just one thing I'm not sure of. So the driver appears to have a bandana type mask on just seconds before they take that turn where AS has produced a photo of them ..... without a bandana? So just a bit confused about that. They also seem to have bandana face covering on as they pull into that parking spot later.

Okay, we do have a passenger in the SWFA vehicle. That individual is not a dog, doll, goat etc. It looks like a woman's face to me.
It is a long process to bring out a certain area. I adjusted brightness of the original SWFA video and specifically worked on the sequence AS is pointing out and where he created a composite after. While I was not able to isolate the driver's face in the side window, I did manage to catch a glimpse of the (most likely female) passenger's face 2-3 secs later. At that point both, the driver and the passenger are looking out towards their left. Passenger remains being seen trough the left part of the windshield, very close to the frame.

The context: We see the vehicle traversing the NW parking lot from right to left, then turning into an S shape and coming to that halt I had mentioned before. You have all seen that it seems like a person/ dog etc. is emerging on the passenger seat. That person seems to have been laying down (or picking something up from the floor?). Then we have some possible fumbling of the driver going on (head area), and finally an object seems to landing on or close to the dashboard area. That object is being removed shortly after and seems to be thrown towards the rear interior of the car. When the driver finishes the S shape curve he slows down and is leaning towards the side window.

The passenger also leans sharply towards their left, which is towards the driver/side window. It is here where I captured the following images. Some are small and you are encouraged to either blow them up (not zoom!) slightly - preferably with an image resizing program - or to look at them with a magnifying glass.

I hope you are not getting bored by all these small image contributions. Once again, it's a long process. Here we go:

View attachment 293517
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293518
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293519
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293520
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293521
Click to enlarge

View attachment 293517 View attachment 293518 View attachment 293519 View attachment 293520 View attachment 293521

Can you see it?
View attachment 293523

ALL IMO

-Nin
These are great images Nin, really looks like a lady. At one point it does look like the driver is engaging with someone in conversation .... good job.

I may be late to the party — I’m trying to look at a boring dinner affair on my phone lol — but I watched a YouTube video referenced on a FB group earlier theorizing the perp had a prosthetic leg and enhancing the video of the suspicious video. Has this been discussed?

prosthetic starting around 15:20 :

enhanced video of the car:

AT&T has a massive database (Hawkeye is the name of the database or the system used to access it) of every record related to cell phones that traverse its networks going back to the beginning of cell phones. If a record was generated AT&T has it. Verizon, likely has one as well but may not go all the way back to the early 1990's.

The issue with cell phone location information is that most of the time it is periodic since the phone is in a small geographic area (like your house) where there is no anticipated need to transition to another tower. The phone system needs to know when a cell phone is in motion so that it can reserve a slot on the next tower in advance of the need to switch towers so as to minimize dropping calls that are in progress and also so that if someone calls your number the system will be able to route the call to the right tower so your phone rings in the first place. But, it should be noted, location information is sent from your phone every time a call is made or received; an SMS text is sent or received; or certain data transactions that are sent via the phone system.
Jethro, would that apply to iPads and burner phones as well?

Whew. Watched this. Just a few questions.
@Gumshoe Stories

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the west entryway where MB may or may not have been found.

1)Was it deep enough for SP and MB to fight and he shoot her and not activate a camera?

2). What was in Room 10 again? Was there an entryway to that room other than the door they came out of? If so, where does that entry point come from?

3). Where do you suppose SP hid his gun?

I wonder if attempts to break through that big door at the northeast corner is what originally activated the camera?

Maybe that is why there is such a big gap between activation and when SP first appeared on video.? SP was trying like heck to get in and it took much longer than expected. Giving up on the big NE door he went to the kitchen door.

Could SP have done all that damage with a pickaxe?

Thanks for all your hard work and thanks for answering questions!

1. Yes, it’s plenty deep enough in that foyer area to not be on camera. Here are photos of the foyer:
FA60795F-6612-408E-9C85-D471DB93ED96.jpeg 4D048E06-B306-426D-A025-E68617AF3D76.jpeg

2. Room 10 is the youth worship room. It is a large room with two doors, both on that same hallway. There’s the door at the far NE corner that SP is seen coming out of. The door he most likely entered was the other one, to the south.

3. I guess it’s possible SP kept his gun in a pants pocket. He also might have had it in his waistband or in a holster that we couldn’t see for the tactical vest covering it. But if I had to guess, I’d say the gun was in the tactical vest area itself. A lot of those vests have an area in the middle of the chest area where you could quickly draw a gun from.

Your scenario about the NE doors could definitely be on the money. I could see a big crash setting off the cameras in that corner. I also think that it could have been part of testing for an alarm. But I see that happening after SWFA, not before. And so that would help account for the time gap between 2:23 and 3:50, with SP going somewhere else and waiting a good long while for police response.

Pickaxe? I guess so. I don’t think a pickaxe would fit on SP’s person though. Seems to me that the hammer and pry bar were enough to do the damage that was done.

Just one thing I'm not sure of. So the driver appears to have a bandana type mask on just seconds before they take that turn where AS has produced a photo of them ..... without a bandana? So just a bit confused about that. They also seem to have bandana face covering on as they pull into that parking spot later.

The driver appears to have a bandana when making a left turn (starting the S curve) after traveling parallel to the SWFA building. Then he is fumbling with something around the head area , something flies on the dashboard - or close to it. After that he does not seem to wear a bandana or - he put up a face mask. No clue.

Having said that, Jethro found an interesting study paper (Columbia University) about the photo-metric model of a raindrop and how outdoor vision systems can be affected. It shows the field of view of the rain drop is approximately 165 degrees while at the same time having a magnifying effect . That's almost like a fish eye lens. That magnifying effect may explain, why it was possible to bring out the images of the SWFA driver/passenger.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Photometric Model of a Rain Drop
Kshitiz Garg and Shree K. Nayar
Computer Science Department, Columbia University

https://www.cs.columbia.edu/CAVE/publications/pdfs/Garg_TR04.pdf

The things I’ve read seem to say that carriers do NOT keep these records beyond a handful of years:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...companies-store-your-call-records?context=amp

I may be late to the party — I’m trying to look at a boring dinner affair on my phone lol — but I watched a YouTube video referenced on a FB group earlier theorizing the perp had a prosthetic leg and enhancing the video of the suspicious video. Has this been discussed?

prosthetic starting around 15:20 :

enhanced video of the car:
This guy gives credit where credit is due. @No it's not and @Gumshoe Stories.

So if this person at the gun store appeared to be casing the joint, why did he leave and why did he (allegedly) drive to Creekside? Why go from casing a gun store to burglarizing a church that he had to hang a u turn to get to. And especially if he wasn't familiar with the area or the church?

If this person didn't have proper covering for the rain, how is it the prosthetic shoe looks ok? One would think it would be a muddy mess.
If the author saw what appeared to be a helmet on the driver at the gun store, then the driver may not have had a change of clothes as he was wearing the same thing in the church. Maybe he spent time in the kitchen drying out.

Would a burglar spend that kind of time, in the rain, trying to get in?

I feel strongly that SP would have seen MB's headlights shining up the road and into the west entrance. Those were huge doors. He would have had plenty of time to get out. Unless he was somewhere where there were no windows. The worship room?
But Police said MB was headed where SP was last seen. Where was SP last seen?

I'm not convinced (yet) that this was a burglary gone wrong. Or that the gun store and Creekside are related. And if Nin's photo shows 2 people then??!

It should be fairly easy (if this guy is right about the license plate) to locate the plate and or car or owner even though it was 5 years ago.

Your scenario about the NE doors could definitely be on the money. I could see a big crash setting off the cameras in that corner. I also think that it could have been part of testing for an alarm. But I see that happening after SWFA, not before. And so that would help account for the time gap between 2:23 and 3:50, with SP going somewhere else and waiting a good long while for police response.

Agreed. Also the exact amount of time SP spent in the kitchen area is another thing to consider within that time gap. I would imagine they would have spent a considerable amount there given it was raining and so they had to dry off as much as they could to avoid leaving wet shoe prints and/or other evidence.

Though, if SP went somewhere else to wait for police response, where do you think they would have waited? They would need a good view of the church and be able to see police sirens from where they were?

Agreed. Also the exact amount of time SP spent in the kitchen area is another thing to consider within that time gap. I would imagine they would have spent a considerable amount there given it was raining and so they had to dry off as much as they could to avoid leaving wet shoe prints and/or other evidence.

Though, if SP went somewhere else to wait for police response, where do you think they would have waited? They would need a good view of the church and be able to see police sirens from where they were?

they didn’t really need to wait within view of the church. They could’ve gone to the Whataburger a mile up the road, and then sometime later Cruise past the church and see if any police vehicles are there.

they didn’t really need to wait within view of the church. They could’ve gone to the Whataburger a mile up the road, and then sometime later Cruise past the church and see if any police vehicles are there.

Yeah, I'm just thinking if they did stop by a business, there may have been CCTV footage of that around that time gap but LE probably have reviewed most of them already.

If they were cruising around the area, that could be a confirmed possibility if any cctv had picked up any car traveling on the highway around that time gap (regardless of whether you are able to make out the details of the vehicle).

I watched GS and Tricia on a video with Levi talking about the case and the topic of DNA came up. I bring it up here because people often discuss the gender of the perp. In the video discussion there is speculation that LE knows the gender of the perp because a basic DNA profile would tell them this info. This would mean they were able to get DNA of the perp from the scene obviously.
You can take it steps further about who they've ruled out to try to again, speculate, about the perp's gender. Hadn't heard this before. It was quite interesting. (I am not sure if YT videos are allowed to be posted so I'm not going to post it. Maybe GS can.)

I watched GS and Tricia on a video with Levi talking about the case and the topic of DNA came up. I bring it up here because people often discuss the gender of the perp. In the video discussion there is speculation that LE knows the gender of the perp because a basic DNA profile would tell them this info. This would mean they were able to get DNA of the perp from the scene obviously.
You can take it steps further about who they've ruled out to try to again, speculate, about the perp's gender. Hadn't heard this before. It was quite interesting. (I am not sure if YT videos are allowed to be posted so I'm not going to post it. Maybe GS can.)

I watched the Levi video as well and pulled up the article GS was talking about. MPD only had a partial profile and it was not enough for processing:

New lead investigator in murder of Missy Bevers putting together a team of fresh eyes

Yeah, here is the deal on that. Only once during the investigation has MPD mentioned DNA. It was during an interview with the local Waxahachie paper back in 2017:
New lead investigator in murder of Missy Bevers putting together a team of fresh eyes
In that article they said they sent a small sample to a private lab to see if they could do facial compositing from it to produce a likeness of the killer’s face. But they said that the sample was insufficient to do that and that it was a “partial, mixed sample”. And that is all that has ever been said about it publicly. But I started thinking that while it might have been insufficient for the compositing, it might have been good enough for other DNA testing such as gender identification.

As you mentioned, we discussed it on Levi Page’s podcast here:

Tricia Griffith who most of you know owns Websleuths was a guest along with me, and she pointed out that she was having a guest from a DNA lab on that very night on the Websleuths YouTube Live that she does. So I gave her a question to ask the gentleman about what it means for a sample to be “partial, mixed” and where that limits you and what you can still find out from it. Here is a link to that broadcast:

I watched the Levi video as well and pulled up the article GS was talking about. MPD only had a partial profile and it was not enough for processing:

The context of the article was that they were talking about facial compositing. It was insufficient for that. They never said that it was insufficient for other kinds of testing.

It had to come down to how much material they actually had, and what percentage of the mixture was the killer’s DNA and what percentage was Missy’s, and was the facial compositing test “consumptive” - meaning, was all the material used up during the course of that test, or did they have (or do they STILL have) DNA material in reserve for further testing as technology advances?

Where this was really interesting to me was in the fact that they cleared BWH for no good reason I can think of... UNLESS they’ve been able to confirm through DNA that the killer is a woman. Because how do you definitively clear a suspect whose alibi is that he was at home with his wife and baby in the middle of the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
desalwy206