Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

Re the Documentary, to be shown on ITV Thursday 9pm. Ex-detective Mark Williams-Thomas, who is leading the documentary, appeared alongside the Clarks on the show and called the case "bizarre." + said "But what we do show is the evidence the police have got in relation to Charles and Doris and people can make up their own minds on how strong that evidence is" .

Am just adding a few snips from this article -

Time served in police force

After the Clarks left the police in the late Sixties (Doris had served ten years as a WPC;
Charles served five and reached the rank of sergeant before quitting to set up a car rental business)

On their return to the UK, they bought a house in their native North East

I thought they inherited the family house ?

Most weekends, Steven went with his father to watch their football team, Middlesbrough, play. This Saturday he did not.

‘Charles had said it was about time Steven paid for his own ticket. Steven, being tight, wouldn’t. He decided not to go. We regret that now.’

So as Charles headed to the match, Steven and his mum went for a walk along the beach to neighbouring Saltburn, about two miles away. ‘

Saturday or Monday ?

Accused Of Murdering Our Son - The Steven Clark Story: Mother in tears on ITV documentary | Daily Mail Online

The parents of missing Steven Clark have appeared on This Morning ahead of a new ITV documentary.

Doris and Charles Clark joined Rochelle Humes and Phillip Schofield on the on ITV show to speak about ‘ Accused of Murdering Our Son - The Steven Clark Story

Speaking about the day Steven disappeared, Doris, 81, said the last time she saw her son alive was when he went into the public toilets in Saltburn on December 28, 1992.

Addressing why she never went into the toilets to check on Steven when he didn't come out, Mrs Clark said: "He would have been horrified if I had gone in; he was 23, he was an adult, it's not like he was a child."

And when asked if there were people around at the time, Mrs Clark said: "There were masses of people around, it was a lovely day; it was very cold, but a lot of people visit Saltburn especially on bank holidays which it was."

Parents of Steven Clark appear on This Morning ahead of documentary

She didn't have to go in, could've just shouted his name from outside and waited for a response.

As embarassing as it is for a young male, many times I'd go into a changing room to try something at age 16-17, take my time and my mum would be waiting outside and eventually shout "are you o.k in there" to basically tell me to hurry up!

Bizarre behaviour from her that day to seemingly walk off imo thinking he'd gone home! Anyway interesting to watch tonight's programme which will bring case more to nation's attention and see what comes of it. Perhaps a memory or two will be jogged.

Two sightings, seen with older man a few days after 28th Dec and another walking towards Redcar town centre in Jan 1993.

Second sighting, man who saw him is no longer alive and changed his account in 1999 from going up and talking to Steven (didn't realise at that stage he was registered missing) to seeing him from the back from distance of 50 yards.

Two sightings, seen with older man a few days after 28th Dec and another walking towards Redcar town centre in Jan 1993.

Second sighting, man who saw him is no longer allowed and changed his account in 1999 from going up and talking to Steven (didn't realise at that stage he was registered missing) to seeing him from the back from distance of 50 yards.
Bizarre how that second account changed so drastically I thought

How the hell does the new sighting support the parents, he was yards from his home!!!! If true...

This show isn't great for the parents imho in terms of public opinion...

I think that people watching the programme will be fooled by Doris's acting and feel sorry for the parents. MWT is trying to gain sympathy for them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back