IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Observations of the arrested suspect in the Lafayette case may be discussed. However, specific reference to another case is not permitted unless LE or media make that connection.

Bringing this reminder forward.
Please do not reference another case that you may think bears resemblance to this suspect UNLESS/UNTIL LE indicates there may be a connection.

To repeat:
Please do not reference another case that you may think bears resemblance to this suspect UNLESS/UNTIL LE indicates there may be a connection.

While we are all hopeful that this may help answer questions in other high-profile cases involving young girls, we cannot allow speculation on this thread to connect crimes. Experience tells us it will take on a life of it’s own, which is especially hard to clean-up if we learn there is no connection.

Be careful also of sleuthing family members of ANY victims in any cases. That is a violation of Websleuths TOS unless those family members have officially been named suspects.

Because this is a fast-breaking case, and there is much interest in
posting here about it, many members have been missing these warnings. We will be posting them regularly to make sure all remember the intentionally higher standards here at Websleuths. If we change the guidelines for discussion on this thread, you will be the first to know.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
PS - you MAY talk about these things in PMs, and up to 20 members can be a part of a single PM. However, you may NOT solicit a PM in a public post, or discuss PMs on the thread.

Mod Note

Good Morning great fellow sleuths!
As we start the day, it is important that we bring forward the rules as a fresh reminder. Posts that have been and will continue to be removed from the thread include:
-Social Media Screenshots
-Sleuthing Friends and Family
-Direct accusation and connection to other cases

While the suspect in this case has led to many of us scratching our head, we still need to keep conversation within the TOS and Rules. The last thing we want is for the thread to get shut down or to issue individual thread bans in an effort to protect the quality standards here at WS.

Thanks,
Tiff

Bringing forward the links and note provided by @Sillybilly yesterday:

As per TOS / The Rules, Etiquette & Information, we require links to ALL images and to information that is being stated as fact.

Please read the Social Media Rules found here and post accordingly or your post may be removed, along with all responses.

We do not have time to be constantly posting to remind members what they can and can not do. Everyone is responsible for knowing those rules and following them.

If you do not understand the rules, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Sorry to sound short but dang, we are exceptionally busy here behind the curtain.

Thanks.

I’ve been following along with you guys. You’re doing some seriously great profiling! This guy is disgusting. :eek: It’s weird because I feel like it’s likely he’s done this before, but at the same time he’s such an open book—how would he have gotten away with it? Wouldn’t someone close to him suspect things? Maybe he just got lucky in spite of himself. Or maybe he doesn’t really have anyone actually close enough to know.

Tomorrow will be very interesting.
I definitely think that "he doesn't really have anyone actually close enough to know" plays strongly into it. I feel like this guy kind of thinks of himself as the lonewolf type of outlaw/renegade. ...and maybe rightly so. I'd picture him as one that holds even what he considers a "friend", at arms length. And that may be why relationships with women that do become somewhat close to him don't last long. I would guess he's the type that would need his "alone time" (I believe one of his FB posts describes his alone time as being something that is good for the safety of others) ... and that he would be likely to need to have his "secrets" - which a person in a close relationship with him may find hard to accept.
Additionally, (IMO) yes, luck likely played very heavily into his not getting caught in his past offenses.

(snipped)
Do they take DNA right away or do you have to be convicted before they can collect it?

This cannot be his first time. There have to be other victims in the past.

MOO.
Regardless of what Indiana law allows for DNA collection (whether it's collect on arrest or on conviction) - if, after talking to him, investigators in other cases feel they have probable cause and can get a judge to agree, they can get a warrant for his DNA quickly. MOO
After the murders in Delphi, Indiana changed their law on DNA collection.
Previously they required a conviction but now they only require an arrest.
If there is no conviction one can have the DNA removed from the database but it’s a process the arrested person has to instigate, it’s not automatic.

You know what, speaking of Crown, I bet, or maybe, he has those old school Crown Royal bags, the purple ones, with the yellow script lettering, iirc, with the drawstring. I have some I keep my old school jewelry and trinkets in.

Maybe he has some with jewelry in it, or bullets/casings, etc. Or who knows what.

(Thanks again for the collective opportunity to brainstorm.)

Inquiring minds want to know......
:D

Last edited:
Search Brian Chadwell on goodreads.com.
Someone posted they have read two books by this author. It is strange. The blurbs about the ‘books’ make absolutely zero sense to me.
There is an author by that name who wrote two books, “Valuable Instructions” and “A Dogs Death”.
I don’t think it’s him, if he had written books, I assume he would be posting about them. JMO

Not sure how CODIS works... do you submit the dna and it just keeps running continuously till there is a match? Do you need to submit it more than once to run a check?? If his DNA is in the system then they would have already found any connections right?
( @othram )

(Eta: @dotr, @Legally Bland)

(I can answer later if nobody answers)

Regardless of what Indiana law allows for DNA collection (whether it's collect on arrest or on conviction) - if, after talking to him, investigators in other cases feel they have probable cause and can get a judge to agree, they can get a warrant for his DNA quickly. MOO

I wonder , if he has DNA on file from one of his numerous crimes-
How long would it take to cross reference that with known samples from unsloved crimes?

MOO JMO AMOO

There is an author by that name who wrote two books, “Valuable Instructions” and “A Dogs Death”.
I don’t think it’s him, if he had written books, I assume he would be posting about them. JMO
Thats my thought as well - but dang! It is pretty bizarre that these (seemingly) fake book entries, by an author of the same name, even exist here - especially considering one of the books references a Dog's Death (considering JBC's fascination with his dogs). Maybe I'm just overly tired and easily impressed but I find this odd. (Although, admittedly, I'm not familiar with this goodreads website. Could it be not out of the ordinary for there to be fake book entries like this by random people on this site?)

Doesn't look like a 22 to me. Moo.
ETA: 9mm is my guess.

Why did he remove the bullet himself? I assume that is what the post is alluding to?
Is it to show he is tough?
Or because he did not want to be implicated in any other crimes?
One of many strange things that have shown up on his SM.

AMOO MOO JMO

Maybe he has a homemade prison tattoo or piercing (he’s into gauges) on his disgusting cursed anatomy (noting strictly re: identifiable factors, I’m probably way too deep here. End of discussion and going for brain bleach, eye bleach, ear canal bleach, shock treatments, everything on the WS merch list.)

Doesn't look like a 22 to me. Moo.
ETA: 9mm is my guess.
Oh really? Can’t wait to go back and examine. I’ve had a 9. We’ve been talking bout 9’s before, do you have a date of this post, tia.

Last edited:
Thats my thought as well - but dang! It is pretty bizarre that these (seemingly) fake book entries, by an author of the same name, even exist here - especially considering one of the books references a Dog's Death (considering JBC's fascination with his dogs). Maybe I'm just overly tired and easily impressed but I find this odd. (Although, admittedly, I'm not familiar with this goodreads website. Could it be not out of the ordinary for there to be fake book entries like this by random people on this site?)
The person on goodreads who posted these books as something he has read also lists about 30 other books. Many of the other books are on odd subjects and some of them appear to be actual books but many of them seem to be made up. It is odd.
Edited to add: I know I’m overthinking things but if you read the blurb from the dog death book while asking yourself if this could’ve been written by a child predator some of the words in this word salad stand out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member