IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, JBC's mug shot and the first sketch of BG, definitely look like the same guy.
On a creepy level, at that.
But, the way BG is dressed in the video clip we've all seen, doesn't resemble at all, the way JBC dresses in the pics I've seen of him. The way BG is dressed in that video clip, doesn't (in my mind anyway) align with a dude covered in ink and with ear gauges.

jmo

BG’s jacket would seem like more of an older man’s jacket. But the jeans - are BG’s jeans ripped? I think I see rips, but I don’t know what conclusion people came to about that way back. They are a similar fit to jeans that JBC wears, and the shoes/motorcycle boots could be the same.

BG’s jacket would seem like more of an older man’s jacket. But the jeans - are BG’s jeans ripped? I think I see rips, but I don’t know what conclusion people came to about that way back. They are a similar fit to jeans that JBC wears, and the shoes/motorcycle boots could be the same.

BBM I respectfully disagree. BG wears dad jeans and JBC wears much more trendy jeans for lack of a better term.

Whether he is BG or not, I just want this monster to be behind bars for a very long time. Can't help feeling sick about what he did to that poor girl. Hope she as a strong family and support network around her. She is so lucky to be alive. :(

Agree 1000%. Whatever made him get dressed and answer the police knock on the door, I'm grateful for that small mercy for her. Who knows what the extra minutes may have brought upon her if he had ignored the knock? Although obviously we wish they had gotten there even earlier, thank God they were in time to save her life and any further damage.

BG is bridge guy.

The age of the victims seems off too. As much as I think the sketch looks like him I still have doubts.

The victim he was arrested for is 9-10, prepubescent. Libby & Abby were in their teens. Is this common?

Hopefully it’s okay to say this, I find the age with this victim in line with the Evansdale girls.

Maybe, but I know 9-10 year olds who look 15. And imo Abby and Libby’s age would be difficult to tell from any distance. I’ve often wondered if BG thought they were adult women at first.

As far as this guy matching either of the sketches...we have insisted that quite a few others were a match also.
IMO, there was no one more compelling than DN. He had so many different looks. A very strong case was made for him being BG. His criminal history, where he was when, remember the whole "was he with his wife at her ultrasound or not?" And as we know, he wasn't the guy. So just saying...
It has been amazing how many people could pass for BG. Back in the day, for me, it used to be every guy in the “diner”.

I guess there isn't much to do but wait and see if he has a connection to the Abby/Libby case. I do find it interesting that the LE had him on their radar for the case though. Besides that my gut instinct says maybe it's not him... BUT I could be wrong since I had a particular picture of who BG is in my mind and this guy is sorta matching but at the same time not.

I guess there isn't much to do but wait and see if he has a connection to the Abby/Libby case. I do find it interesting that the LE had him on their radar for the case though. Besides that my gut instinct says maybe it's not him... BUT I could be wrong since I had a particular picture of who BG is in my mind and this guy is sorta matching but at the same time not.
Technically. we don’t know that LE had him on their radar before this - in the one article that states this, the language is deceiving. Unless I’m missing something.

Another thought, imo the search dogs would’ve gone right to his house.

A neighbor, claiming to have seen the victim, prison record, there is no way on earth he could’ve gotten away with this, even if he killed her and disposed of her.

This was so brazen, so lacking intellect wrt getting away with it. I really think subconsciously he may have wanted to get caught...and if he’s BG, all the taunting...

ETA:

Feb. 9, 2019

Elephants/
I want to hunt humans and have my own wall mount.
Brian Chadwell

*he does like/want to “hunt”, it seems.

Last edited:
True! The language is very vague in most of the articles. I was only able to find these two quotes... but that's only the two articles.

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said investigators had Chadwell on their radar in the Delphi case."

Lafayette man charged in assault of 9-year-old girl being investigated in connection with Delphi murders | MyWabashValley.com

"The sheriff said Chadwell has been on their radar in the Delphi case and they are now looking into him."

Man arrested for kidnapping, assaulting 9-year-old may be connected to Delphi murders: sheriff | WGN-TV

I can’t begin to count all his cases involving alcohol beginning wayback. He must have started drinking young. And just kept on and on... Was he a wanderer? Breakfast stop at the liquor store. Bottle in his pocket to keep him company getting his walk on? Did he sway as he walked? What’s his driving record look like? Suspensions? When did he first get licensed? Vehicles in his name?

Maybe, but I know 9-10 year olds who look 15. And imo Abby and Libby’s age would be difficult to tell from any distance. I’ve often wondered if BG thought they were adult women at first.
I won't link to her photo, but it is online and she definitely, 100%, does not look like a 15yo. She looks 9. There was no mistaking her for older (not that it's okay to attack an older victim either).

jmo

Feb. 9, 2019

Elephants/
I want to hunt humans and have my own wall mount.
Brian Chadwell

*he does like/want to “hunt”, it seems.

I got chills when I read that. Probably he's not the one who killed Lyric and Elizabeth in 2012, but I remember that their bodies were found on hunting land.

I hope someone is looking into whether he was on parole and in Iowa at the time this happened. I can't find the link so this is just IMO, but I remember reading some text describing him as living in a halfway house in Sioux Falls, IA, and of him travelling somewhere else in Iowa without permission (he was on some kind of supervision).

I won't link to her photo, but it is online and she definitely, 100%, does not look like a 15yo. She looks 9. There was no mistaking her for older (not that it's okay to attack an older victim either).

jmo
Agreed. I also feel like this guy would attack just about anyone vulnerable when the mood strikes.

jmo

Oh, no, her picture is online? What a breach of this poor baby's privacy! Please tell me it's pixelated, at least.

It's difficult to weigh the difference between an attack on a young teen and an attack on a 9-year old, as they both are unspeakable. I don't know but it does seem like some predators have very specific preferences, right? Here this young girl survived, which is everything, but I think the younger the worse. This little one would I assume have less understanding of what is happening to her, and wouldn't have even had her period yet. It would be even more physically painful to be sexually molested at that age. Excepting the possibility of pregnancy in a survivor of teenaged rape, I think this is even worse. But it's difficult to think about any of this.

I'm shook, as they say, that anyone would have posted this little girl's photo. I don't want to see it, at all.

I can’t begin to count all his cases involving alcohol beginning wayback. He must have started drinking young. And just kept on and on... Was he a wanderer? Breakfast stop at the liquor store. Bottle in his pocket to keep him company getting his walk on? Did he sway as he walked? What’s his driving record look like? Suspensions? When did he first get licensed? Vehicles in his name?
Replying to myself: cases sorted ascending really show his alcohol and vehicle problems. If he’s alcohol dependent in jail, then he’s hurting. Something major happened April 2017? A trial with a plea? I’m legalese challenged.
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

And somewhere in one of these threads is a post from @Sillybilly, I think, that talks about non-pedophilic predators. As I understood it, some predators are just situational and less concerned with the age of the victims. If an "opportunity" presents itself, they go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu