IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators say they are looking into a person they believe might be connected to the murders, last week police arresting 42yo James Chadwell, charging him with the kidnapping and attempted murder of a 10yo girl in Lafayette, Indiana about 20 miles away from Delphi, the sheriff telling ABC News there are several factors leading them to look into Chadwell in connection to the Delphi girls, but declining to go into detail.
yesterday she was 9 and today she is 10? Unless she had a birthday today, it seems like the news can't even get the most basic facts right. o_O

Last edited:
I find the original BG sketch and JBC's mugshot very, very similar, like it's the same guy level of similar. It's the nose. The shape, the width, the length. Exactly the same.

I think that's just a really badly done Harley Quinn tattoo. Really really bad.

I wonder if his former romantic partners are having interesting conversations with investigators. I'm sure they are.

Lots to work with, I bet he has a lot of dark secrets.

What an awful creep.

All MOO

I agree, JBC's mug shot and the first sketch of BG, definitely look like the same guy.
On a creepy level, at that.
But, the way BG is dressed in the video clip we've all seen, doesn't resemble at all, the way JBC dresses in the pics I've seen of him. The way BG is dressed in that video clip, doesn't (in my mind anyway) align with a dude covered in ink and with ear gauges.

jmo

Investigators say they are looking into a person they believe might be connected to the murders, last week police arresting 42yo James Chadwell, charging him with the kidnapping and attempted murder of a 10yo girl in Lafayette, Indiana about 20 miles away from Delphi, the sheriff telling ABC News there are several factors leading them to look into Chadwell in connection to the Delphi girls, but declining to go into detail.
yesterday she was 9 and today she is 10? Unless she had a birthday today, it seems like they can't even get the news can't even get the most basic facts right. o_O
I agree, JBC's mug shot and the first sketch of BG, definitely look like the same guy.
But, the way BG is dressed in the video clip we've all seen, doesn't resemble at all, the way JBC dresses in the pics I've seen of him. The way BG is dressed in that video clip, doesn't (in my mind anyway) align with a dude covered in ink and with ear gauges.

jmo
I can see a welder dressed like that. Pretty standard Indiana gear for any working man on a cool day. But if he had some metal fragments on his clothes that he left behind, that would really be good forensic evidence to tie him to the case.

jmo
It was a Monday and he was a welder. He could be wearing clothes he would typically wear to/from a work site but not wear in a selfie. His clothes don't rule him out for me. MOO

Why he would be in the park during the afternoon on a weekday is another question to ponder.

jmo

It's incredible this little girl was rescued. She was probably still alive because he wasn't done with her.

Just looking at this guy compared to the Delphi sketches, the weak chin and lips to me look very similar. Of course that's not enough of a connection and it will be interesting what comes of this.

For now, thankfully he's behind bars. That little one has a very tough road ahead for what happened to her. IMO

On JBC's FB page, he listed Midwest Railcar Repair as one of his former employers.
Brian Chadwell

After a little digging around on that company's website, I discovered an employment application page. It asks about many attributes of potential employees, including their ability to work at heights of 14 ft or more.

APPLICATION PAGE – Midwest Railcar Repair, Inc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-123055.png
    Screenshot_20210429-123055.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 21
James B. Chadwell, a South Dakota Penitentiary inmate, was sentenced on Tuesday by Judge William H. Srstka, Jr. Chadwell had been charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard at the penitentiary in March 2002. He was later tried and convicted in a trial to the court. Chadwell received a sentence of 10 years with 5 years suspended as a result of the conviction. He will begin serving this sentence after he completes a previous sentence. Prior to this event, Chadwell was serving time in the penitentiary for an aggravated assault conviction out of Pennington County that occurred in 2000.

Aggravated assault is a class 3 felony, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years and/or a $15,000 fine.

Chadwell’s prosecution was handled by the South Dakota Attorney General’s Office
South Dakota Attorney General

James B. Chadwell, a South Dakota Penitentiary inmate, was convicted of aggravated assault by Judge William H. Srstka, Jr. at a court trial last Friday.

Chadwell was charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard in March. Aggravated assault is a class 3 felony, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years and/or a $15,000 fine. No sentencing date has been set.

Chadwell was sentenced to the penitentiary for an aggravated assault charge out of Pennington County. He was convicted on that charge in 2000.

Chadwell’s prosecution is being handled by the South Dakota Attorney General’s Office.
South Dakota Attorney General
*press releases posted descending order

Chadwell has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him and has not responded to requests for comment regarding that possible connection. Chadwell is due back in court to face charges on June 10.

Law enforcement investigating new lead into unsolved 2017 murder of Indiana teens

The families and loved ones must be praying fervently, as we all are. The monster needs to be given the harshest sentence possible. "Today is the day" can't come soon enough.
Pleading not guilty...no words

Monday, 10:55 a.m., deputies arrested James B. Chadwell II, 41, Lafayette, on an unknown charge.
Police reports, Nov. 12, 2020
*I wish they would have kept him locked up because this thread might not be if so.

eta:
Saturday, 9:50 a.m., deputies arrested James B. Chadwell, 37, 1000 block of North Apperson Way, Kokomo, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Police reports July 20, 2016

Last edited:
Monday, 10:55 a.m., deputies arrested James B. Chadwell II, 41, Lafayette, on an unknown charge.
Police reports, Nov. 12, 2020
*I wish they would have kept him locked up because this thread might not be if so.

I noted that there were three arrests at that same time (Monday, 10:55 am) in Miami County, all "on an unknown charge." I wonder if the other two (one 11 years younger than JBC, one 14 years younger) were associates.

jmo

true, BG is dressed like a guy who maybe is hunting or fishing. but it could be a disguise. the long sleeves would cover the tattoos.

*Interesting find:
Kym L. Pasqualini is the founder and former CEO of Nation's Missing Children Organization and National Center for Missing Adults.
But Indiana also has a dark side where the light has been overshadowed by fear. It's a place where those who have vanished have left no trace.
Kokomo is a small city with a population of only 40,000. During 2017, there were only 6 reported homicides, and all were all solved—a safe town where abductions of young girls just don’t happen. In fact, there are only three unsolved disappearances in Kokomo history.
Three Stories of Mysterious Missing Person Cases

Indiana man charged in attack on girl, 9, found in basement

Last edited:
12:35 a.m. — Arrest. James Brian Chadwell II, 37, Peru, was arrested on a warrant of receiving stolen property. CCSD.
Police Blotter: March 14, 2016

James B. Chadwell II, 37, Hit Skip Accident
Vitals for the week of 5-18-16

Nov 11, 2020
Police blotter, print only 20201114

Sept. 18 (2019)— James B. Chadwell, 40, 711 Monroe St., Rochester, booked on a warrant from Miami County. Hold for Miami County
Jail Bookings

Brian Chadwell

Side by side sketches
https://i.imgur.com/ULWVNq0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

Last edited:

jmo

I 100% agree. The way JBC dresses is so different than BG that it’s my biggest hesitation into thinking they’re one in the same. If his entire get up was a disguise then I’m more confused because it seems like Delphi was such a crime of opportunity. Unless he was specifically hunting for victims that day. In that case, I’d imagine he has more victims out there.

23 cases
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

*do y’all think we need to start an arrest timeline and case map? I feel like this dude is all over the place and is a walking pest to LE. Even these minor arrests could play into his MO. I hate to think about all the minors he assaulted that were never reported. Bad news, this tough guy. So tough, he somehow managed to outsmart and overcome a nine year old. Yeah, he’s some badass alright. *advertiser censored**h0le!

Last edited:
I 100% agree. The way JBC dresses is so different than BG that it’s my biggest hesitation into thinking they’re one in the same. If his entire get up was a disguise then I’m more confused because it seems like Delphi was such a crime of opportunity. Unless he was specifically hunting for victims that day. In that case, I’d imagine he has more victims out there.

I haven't followed the Libby/Abby case in quite awhile, and just tuned back in with the arrest of JBC. I agree with @iamnotagolem and perhaps many of you have also voiced this, as I haven't caught up with this thread yet. I know BG must mean Bridge Guy? Or if not, please clue me in.

Not knowing as much as the rest of you, I can't add much but I do feel that the look and vibe of BG does not comport with the look and vibe of JBC. Otherwise I absolutely feel that the heinous crime with this little girl, the area in which these two crimes occurred (although I'm completely ignorant of Indiana's geography), and the video/second sketch resemblance makes him a POI. Again, not having read this entire thread and all the important insights I know you've all contributed already, I think it's plausible that he has different outfits for different purposes. Whatever "curated" images he has online, and then his cruising for evil, blending in with a rural area "uniform."

I'll go back now and read the whole thread to gain knowledge from all of you.

I haven't followed the Libby/Abby case in quite awhile, and just tuned back in with the arrest of JBC. I agree with @iamnotagolem and perhaps many of you have also voiced this, as I haven't caught up with this thread yet. I know BG must mean Bridge Guy? Or if not, please clue me in.

Not knowing as much as the rest of you, I can't add much but I do feel that the look and vibe of BG does not comport with the look and vibe of JBC. Otherwise I absolutely feel that the heinous crime with this little girl, the area in which these two crimes occurred (although I'm completely ignorant of Indiana's geography), and the video/second sketch resemblance makes him a POI. Again, not having read this entire thread and all the important insights I know you've all contributed already, I think it's plausible that he has different outfits for different purposes. Whatever "curated" images he has online, and then his cruising for evil, blending in with a rural area "uniform."

I'll go back now and read the whole thread to gain knowledge from all of you.

BG is bridge guy.

The age of the victims seems off too. As much as I think the sketch looks like him I still have doubts.

The victim he was arrested for is 9-10, prepubescent. Libby & Abby were in their teens. Is this common?

Hopefully it’s okay to say this, I find the age with this victim in line with the Evansdale girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname