IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sillybilly ~

Would it be a better alternative to discuss Chadwell on Libby &Abby's thread?
Or is the potential connection meant to stay on Chadwell's threads?
Just for clarification.
The 9 year old and her family are in my thoughts daily..

If it relates to Chadwell as a POI in the Delphi case, it should be in the Delphi thread.

If it relates to Chadwell as the accused in this Lafayette case, it should be in this thread.

We know there'll be some crossover, but we are just trying to minimize it so this entire thread doesn't turn into an entire Delphi discussion.

It’s the first time I’ve noticed he lists his current city as Jacksboro. I probably missed it. The thread moves so fast. So I guess he had jobs there. Where did he live? A house? Did he have family to stay with? Homeless? Did he stay at the shelters along his paths? I wish we had a way to find missing girls and women from those types of missions. So many homeless men and women are found dead without ever being reported missing. Homeless people are avoided. Society doesn’t want to see the realities of addiction, mental illness and poverty. Even when we do report them missing. LE doesn’t care. They just put names and dates on a piece of paper and throw it in the tray. Do we know Chadwell’s drink of choice?
I’ve seen some “Irish Pride” related posting and so I’m going to make a fair assumption that whiskey is his friend. I can’t remember where I read of an arrest in which he had amaretto in his sleeve...which seems hilariously odd if you ask me...so I’m going to just assume alcohol preference is “All of mine and more of yours”

If it relates to Chadwell as a POI in the Delphi case, it should be in the Delphi thread.

If it relates to Chadwell as the accused in this Lafayette case, it should be in this thread.

We know there'll be some crossover, but we are just trying to minimize it so this entire thread doesn't turn into an entire Delphi discussion.
I’m guilty. I apologize. Replying to alerts from both threads confuse me. We’re grateful for your gentle reminder. Thank you.

This looks like a pink sneaker. Weird this guy would have it where he’s posing outdoors. The ankle looks plastic to me, like a mannequin. Again, weird. He’s dark & evil. IMO

When I got an alert that you were responding to one of my posts, I was pretty sure it was going to be about "your type sees puppies everywhere" :D

This looks like a pink sneaker. Weird this guy would have it where he’s posing outdoors. The ankle looks plastic to me, like a mannequin. Again, weird. He’s dark & evil. IMO
Yes, I agree. Common sense tells us it’s not real and I think it’s why some thought it looked like wood. I hope I’m giving this guy too much credit and over symbolizing...

Because I am definitely feeling something happening here. * @margarita25 says:
“Before you can connect the dots, you have to collect the dots.” - Foxfire

I think we may have seen potential dots appear before us over the past week. I admit I try to fend off the image of this little nine year old. I see this imagined little girl and start to weaken so I turn and run... straight to fight evil. It’s my coping mechanism ~ learned behavior from so much we read here. Earlier, I thought I wanted to see her photo and looked through the images ~ instead I find dozens of other young children that were kidnapped, sexually abused, raped, strangled or drowned. Blessed again, I didn’t find her picture but my head was in my hands by the end. I had to go walk. We want Justice. He’s got to be put away forever.

eta: I switched over to the other thread to lock into the discussion to avoid lessening the case at hand here. It’s safer. I found this that I thought I posted here. I got lost at one point. There’s probably others lol but I wanted to copy this over before. I’m laughing at myself. The other thread is probably wondering why...

Let’s think about this for a moment. Chadwell had already gone too far whether the cops found him or not - he couldn’t let her go. What was he going to do with her? What else could he do to save himself but eliminate the witness? He must have already had a plan devised for getaway and disposal. I wonder what was found in his home. Large crates, carrying containers, doghouse? Did he plan it the days before? I think so. I don’t even think he was going to use a weapon, I think he was going to use his barehands and strangle her to death. He couldn’t stop himself. I think as he was strangling her, his mind was envisioning some prior event or person. I don’t think this was just an instant impulse he acted on the moment he spotted her. His preliminary urges may have built up the days before. I think some personal stressful event triggered his mindset and impelled his twisted carnal libido into overdrive.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. Common sense tells us it’s not real and I think it’s why some thought it looked like wood. I hope I’m giving this guy too much credit and over symbolizing...

I think we may have seen potential dots appear before us over the past week. I admit I try to fend off the image of this little nine year old. I see this imagined little girl and start to weaken so I turn and run... straight to fight evil. It’s my coping mechanism ~ learned behavior from so much we read here. Earlier, I thought I wanted to see her photo and looked through the images ~ instead I find dozens of other young children that were kidnapped, sexually abused, raped, strangled or drowned. Blessed again, I didn’t find her picture but my head was in my hands by the end. I had to go walk. We want Justice. He’s got to be put away forever.

Moving post, thank you fellow grandma.

I saw her pic and I wish I didn't, somehow I feel like I envaded her privacy.

I like the dot analogy.

Not that I’ve seen. He did have a protective order against him in Iowa, dating back to 2011, but it’s short on details and not easy to directly link here (see below). It looks like it was ultimately dismissed at the end of January, 2017, which definitely piques my Spidey senses.

You can search for him here: https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us

Click on Search for Case, then Case Search under Trial Court. Select the second 2017 case, then click on filings to see the rest of the dates.

Yes, I am glad you brought this up, because I have been wanting to discuss a couple of things. I want to know what y'all think (someone who knows the court stuff better than I do!)
1. I think that the 2 cases involving TL are 2 separate cases! They have 2 different case numbers. The first says order remain in effect until 9/13/2011 (wow, here we are with a 13 again...) I bolded the info. The second has a different case number and was created on 1/26.17 and then dismissed on 1/31/17. Do yall think he contacted this poor girl and she had to file again? It would be a weird date to dismiss if it was linked to the first. Not even the same month as the original.
2..... That date of the second case is awwwwwwwfully close to 2/13/17! I would say that given this dude's inability to deal with anything without violence, this case could have easily made huim spiral.

03841 DACV022943 09/02/2010
SERVICE 09/13/2010 09/13/2010 09/13/2010
Comments: RETURN OF SERVICE:JAMES CHADWELL
(JAMES WAS SERVED ON 09/09/2010. FEES OF $25.86)
PROTECTIVE ORDER NEARY JEFFREY A 09/13/2010 09/13/2010 09/13/2010
Comments: FINAL DOMESTIC ABUSE PROTECTIVE ORDER
(THIS ORDER SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL SEPT. 13, 2011)
TEMPORARY PROTECTIVE ORDER SCOTT JAMES DOUGLAS 09/02/2010 09/02/2010 09/02/2010
Comments: TEMPROARY PROTECTIVE ORDER
(HRG IS SET FOR SEPT. 13, 2010 AT 10:30 AM )
NOTICE 09/02/2010 09/02/2010 09/02/2010
Comments: NOTICE OF HEARING
(HRG IS SET FOR SEPT. 13, 2010 AT 10:30 AM )
Petition for Relief from Domestic Abuse 09/02/2010 09/02/2010 09/02/2010
Comments: PETITION FOR RELIEF FROM DOMESTIC ABUSE

03841 DACV026354 01/26/2017
Originating County Created
SIOUX 01/26/2017
Disposition Status Disposition Date Reopened Date Microfilm Ref
DISMISSED 01/31/2017

DA - Petition Dismissed at Prot Parties Rqst Prior to Trial TOTT PATRICK H 01/31/2017 02/01/2017 02/01/2017
Comments: ORDER
(COPY MAILED TO (name removed by me) BY USPS ON 2/2/17)
MOTION 01/30/2017 01/31/2017 01/31/2017
Comments: REQUEST TO DISMISS WITHOUT PREJUDICE, THEREBY REQUESTING
CANCELLATION OF ANY TEMPORARY PROTECTIVE ORDER AND THE
HEAIRNG ON A PROTECTIVE ORDER
ORDER SETTING HEARING TOTT PATRICK H 01/26/2017 01/27/2017 01/27/2017
Comments: ORDER DENYING TEMPORARY PROTECTIVE ORDER AND SETTING HEARING
ON PETITION(HEARING 02/06/2017 10:30 AM)
(TWO COPIES MAILED TO (name removed by me) ON 1/27/17 BY USPS-
SERVICE COPY FOR JAMES BRIAN CHADWELL INCLUDED)
MOTION 01/26/2017 01/26/2017 01/27/2017
Comments: ACKNOWLEDGMENT OR MOTION TO DISMISS WITHOUT PREJUDICE
(COPY MAILED TO (name removed by me) BY USPS ON 1/27/17)
Petition for Relief from Domestic Abuse 01/26/2017 01/26/2017 01/27/2017
Comments: PETITION FOR RELIEF FROM DOMESTIC ABUSE
(TWO COPIES MAILED TO (name removed by me) ON 1/27/17 BY USPS-
SERVICE COPY FOR JAMES BRIAN CHADWELL INCLUDED)

eta: I switched over to the other thread to lock into the discussion to avoid lessening the case at hand here. It’s safer. I found this that I thought I posted here. I got lost at one point. There’s probably others lol but I wanted to copy this over before. I’m laughing at myself. The other thread is probably wondering why...

Let’s think about this for a moment. Chadwell had already gone too far whether the cops found him or not - he couldn’t let her go. What was he going to do with her? What else could he do to save himself but eliminate the witness? He must have already had a plan devised for getaway and disposal. I wonder what was found in his home. Large crates, carrying containers, doghouse? Did he plan it the days before? I think so. I don’t even think he was going to use a weapon, I think he was going to use his barehands and strangle her to death. He couldn’t stop himself. I think as he was strangling her, his mind was envisioning some prior event or person. I don’t think this was just an instant impulse he acted on the moment he spotted her. His preliminary urges may have built up the days before. I think some personal stressful event triggered his mindset and impelled his twisted carnal libido into overdrive.

I've contemplated the possibility that he had met and/or spoken with her before.

"Our patrol division saved that child's life," said Lafayette Police Department Juvenile Detective Division's Lt. Jay Rosen.

"They were tenacious on getting into that house and going in there and finding and rescuing that child," Rosen said.

"We were knocking on doors and there were neighbors that said they saw the child there at that house," said Rosen.

Lafayette Police say department protocol played a key in finding missing child
That's why I thought he said to LE that he'd seen her, because he believed a neighbor saw him talking to her.

This creep has talent and likes to show it off. He's obliviously spent a lot of time in the woods. What does an artist do in the woods by himself all day? I think the strange selfies post and his hint to “Always look up “might answer that question.

In the June 1, 2020 photo with the gray/blue that looks like drawings of a face on the ground behind his head, just to the right, I noticed what seems to be a very small carving of a face in the bare wood just above the “F” in Florida on his hat. Also, in the July 5, 2020 “Always look up” photo - locate the bike leaning against the tree, now look directly above the seat (I think he used it to stand on) near the fork of the tree.

Yes, I see faces in his photos, CARVED in the woods around him! JMOO

Sorry, I can't post the screenshots here due to TOS, but if you go to BC's FB page and filter search for his Feb 15 2017 post (hint: muddy dog), you will see some interesting comments if you scroll down. There is a woman posting who provides some info and what I believe is pretty convincing screenshot proof that BC's grinning Demon/Harley Quinn girl tattoo was inked on his arm sometime in early 2016, and is therefore most likely not a connection to the Delphi case at all. YMMV.

"convincing screenshot proof that BC's grinning Demon/Harley Quinn girl tattoo was inked on his arm sometime in early 2016, and is therefore most likely not a connection to the Delphi case at all..."

If the girl tat was after FEB 13, 2017, then that'd be another matter but it's satisfactorily determined to be dated pre-murders, therefore created before the deaths of A&L.

This creep has talent and likes to show it off. He's obliviously spent a lot of time in the woods. What does an artist do in the woods by himself all day? I think the strange selfies post and his hint to “Always look up “might answer that question.

In the June 1, 2020 photo with the gray/blue that looks like drawings of a face on the ground behind his head, just to the right, I noticed what seems to be a very small carving of a face in the bare wood just above the “F” in Florida on his hat. Also, in the July 5, 2020 “Always look up” photo - locate the bike leaning against the tree, now look directly above the seat (I think he used it to stand on) near the fork of the tree.

Yes, I see faces in his photos, CARVED in the woods around him! JMOO
thank you

I can't see the other things that some posters are seeing, I just see blue garbage above his head.

I definitely see the sneaker and I also thought it looked like plastic. Maybe it's some kind of blow-up sex doll thing? Who knows what kind of fetishes he has. He may have just been living in the woods, doing whatever people do with a sex doll, and as gross as that seems to an old woman like me, I wish he had done that forever (if that's what it was). Rather than attack this poor baby girl.

I don't have Facebook, so I used the link from @acutename.
Thank you for providing the link, but my heart stopped when I saw the bed he designed for his friend's little girl. Or so he said. It just put my mind in such a bad place.

I'm sure his friend is frantic now that he ever had his little girl around JBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member