IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Chadwell had access to a canoe or kayak? Are there any private launches or ramps along
the Wabash or Tippecanoe Rivers? Maybe somewhere near West Lafayette? We sure could use a local member. Locals are fabulous resources like no other.

I just realized mag had already posted this:
July 10, 2018
3 Kayaks
Sundolphin 10’ fisherman’s kayak
(Took them in on trade for a truck, but only need two,
$150 pickup only, will deliver for gas money)

@Falling Down is the resident Northern Indiana geography expert in our little corner of Cyberspace.

jmho ymmv lrr

Thanks for posting this. It seems like JBC’s claims of being incarcerated for 13+ years have some noticeable gaps, as it looks like he had various issues in 2007, 2009, and 2011. So while he likely spent the majority of those years where he belongs (behind bars), it seems that he was out and about for some stretches before ultimately committing other crimes and/or probation violations.
I’m very curious as to whether he was actually locked up in 2012 or roaming free in Iowa, since he managed to scored a protective order there in 2011.
I was wondering about that too. He must have been out for awhile and then went back after he violated the protection order? Or violated his probation?

i fell we just have to be patient regarding the tattoos.... I am sure LE knows how to track down tattoos with people, processes and proof.... my guess is that they already have the dates and artists...
I'm sure they do and if they found any connection to the murders we probably would have heard by now.

That's a cool source. I had never seen it before. Thanks for posting! I'm in the process of adding the dates and arrest records to the addresses on the map. James Brian Chadwell II - Google My Maps

That's a cool source. I had never seen it before. Thanks for posting! I'm in the process of adding the dates and arrest records to the addresses on the map. James Brian Chadwell II - Google My Maps
*Search tip
If you’re not satisfied with the results you get the first time

add three commas after your search criteria and it will expand the outlying search bringing more geographically based results and state hits.

if you want it to reduce the expansion because you’re getting too many, put two commas after your search and it will quit getting states like New York and Pennsylvania.

*it’s all microfiche data

...and you’re welcome. my pleasure...

eta: I’ve been using a couple of other sources someone might be able to use:

TinEye Reverse Image Search
For example
Find an image you want and plug it in and it tells you where the image came from.
Then go to the link. For example I went to the link this image came from:
https://i.imgur.com/HSqfb1Zl.jpg
com/
upload_2021-5-2_11-2-16-jpeg.295435

I just found this one today
https://pholder.

*wait, I need to correct the flow on another post. So sorry. It’s too hard to do it in edit mode.

Last edited:
Kayaks are normally set up on their side on roof racks. I really can't imagine trying that which you've suggested.
The whole kayak being involved is not something I think would have happened. I was just answering another pister's query with an uncertain supposing. I've always wanted a kayak but don't know much about them or the transport.

I'm sure if the police hadn't come back to his part of the neighborhood JBC would have tried removing her under cover of darkness at some point. Most likely

@Falling Down is the resident Northern Indiana geography expert in our little corner of Cyberspace.

jmho ymmv lrr

Thanks for the compliment @Laughing .

When I drove out there in August of '17 during my first trip to Delphi, I ended up getting off of U.S. 24 by Peru, and was able to follow the general path of the Wabash River on West River Road. It's not something I'd planned, stopped in Peru and then got down the road a bit, and noticed a road literally follows the path of the river on the south side of it. I picked up U.S. 24 again on the west side of Lewisburg, then drove a short distance to the junction with IN 25 (Hoosier Heartland Highway).

The Wabash is normally fairly shallow, but always wide, where it runs between Delphi and Pittsburg. The Tippecanoe appears to be similar, so far as it being shallow. So both rivers are conducive to handling kayaks and other small craft, or "personal watercraft" as I'd describe them. The creeks which run into both rivers are generally shallow most of the time, and again can handle personal watercraft. I'm more familiar with Deer and Wildcat creeks, they run east-to-west into the Wabash, vs. any creeks which might run west-to-east.

I became more familiar with that area, between Kokomo and Delphi, while on a work assignment down that way late last year. On my 2nd trip to Delphi which was last October, I took IN 18 westward and picked up U.S. 421 south of Delphi. On that trip, I wanted to walk the trails and just get a feel for the time it would take to walk from one place to another on the trails, keep note of how many people were out there, etc. Deer Creek was fairly low on that pleasant day, I walked along it at the bottom of the Girard Trail, walking back towards the MHB along the bank. At one point I couldn't go any further, and from there I couldn't see the bridge, so I turned around, went back up the Girard Trail, and then walked to MHB.

The gorge is steep and impassible in spots along there, I'd imagine Wildcat Creek has some similar features. I'd imagine the creeks and rivers along there found their paths after a glacial period in the past, so folks into geology would probably find the area interesting. So in a nut shell, the creeks and rivers around Delphi stay shallow, to a degree, most of the year.

Edit: Yes there are public and private ramps along the waterways around there.

The creeks running into both rivers act as a "drain" for the surrounding countryside.

JMO

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. It seems like JBC’s claims of being incarcerated for 13+ years have some noticeable gaps, as it looks like he had various issues in 2007, 2009, and 2011. So while he likely spent the majority of those years where he belongs (behind bars), it seems that he was out and about for some stretches before ultimately committing other crimes and/or probation violations.
I’m very curious as to whether he was actually locked up in 2012 or roaming free in Iowa, since he managed to scored a protective order there in 2011.
I think he was still in jail in 2012.

I think he was still in jail in 2012.
I do too. I can’t find anything but the incarceration records for that time.

*I’m gonna use this post to jump to another issue coming to my mind. This little girl and her families’ pain must be indescribable. No other words come to me. The nation is watching this tragedy unfold. I trust our country will open their pockets and resources for this little girl and her family. I started thinking about the other side of this coin. I fear Chadwell’s family will not receive the emotional support I imagine they will need to accept this news. Idk how one would resolve this crisis. I found an article I want to share. It’s not about this case but there is a parallel. I’ve copied a snippet. It’s an interesting and thought provoking article. imo

In the wake of a tragedy like the Colorado shooting, the families of victims must navigate a complicated emotional landscape. But so, too, must the families of those charged with the crimes, as they suddenly face all kinds of deeply disturbing questions.

"Is there something wrong with us that this could emerge from us? That someone capable of murder could emerge from our family?"

For whatever reason they turn in, not out, to struggle with the issue of whether they bear any responsibility for the crimes of their kin.
When Your Family Member Does The Unthinkable

Just starting to delve into BC, curious as to opinions on his TikTock video's. What's all his talk about unity and love indicative of?

James Brian Chadwell TikTok 7 Video Compilation [WATCH]

Who can truly decipher the warped mind of a felonious child molester? He may perceive the world through the lens of his prison experience. I sense he references the political and racial divisions in the U.S.

However, what twisted beliefs he may have appear to be intertwined with pure evil sexually abusive, threatening, and violent behaviors toward women and children.

I see a strong possibility there are more horrors to unfold relative to this warped, twisted, subhuman animal.

M.O.O.

Who can truly decipher the warped mind of a felonious child molester? He may perceive the world through the lens of his prison experience. I sense he references the political and racial divisions in the U.S.

However, what twisted beliefs he may have appear to be intertwined with pure evil sexually abusive, threatening, and violent behaviors toward women and children.

I see a strong possibility there are more horrors to unfold relative to this warped, twisted, subhuman animal.

M.O.O.
I also suspect he was referencing current events. The George Floyd trial was a hot topic at the time and I think he was expressing unity with the cause against police brutality cases but in his twisted way. He's no fan of LE and spent serious time in prison for attacking officers. I'm not on Tiktok but I'm guessing there were Tiktokers creating content on that subject in general and he was responding. Speculation.

My opinion only.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members