TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many burglar's would kill someone who caught them in the act and had no way to identify them? Why not simply flee the scene?

I guess it's possible that some would fight if the witness tried to stop and hold the burglar. Would Missy try to do that? I don't know. JMO

RANCH, why not simply flee the scene..? Because it was either targeted - or it wasn't that simple to flee.

You are familiar with the flee or flight stress response, which really is not a conscious reaction. When faced with a dilemma, meaning fighting or fleeing is not really an option - yet- we encounter an additional stage, we freeze. We are paralyzed in fear.

If Missy and her murderer literally walked into each other or had an instant encounter, chances are both, or one of them froze. I would be startled in that situation trying to process my surroundings and what was really happening. Would I attack a police officer? No. Would I run away from a police officer? No. I would first question, why is there a policeman in front of me and what does he want. Is it really a police officer? That takes time and our body chooses to freeze in order to process the unknown and in order to prepare the response (fight or flight).

It it was targeted, the killer would go for it now. If it was not, he may panic and freeze, and even forget he is dressed in his police uniform. He strikes Missy first. Now she has to fight for her life. He shoots her. If the killer had some previous traumatic life experience, it may trigger a faster (panic) response than Missy could react.

I have some experience with fighting techniques and fight/flight/freeze is a normal biological response. You can't choose, how you will be reacting. But you can train to overcome the stage(s) as quick as possible. In Missy's case, perhaps she was not able to flee from the threat instantaneously and she froze. Perhaps her attacker was not able to flee, instead he fought. Again all JMO.

ALL IMO

-Nin

[QUOTE="Itsapuzzle, post: 16785900, member: 90667" ..... is there any chance at all that the licence plate state is Maine? Found the name of lady with superhuman eyesight, her name is Veronica Seider,...[/QUOTE]@Itsapuzzle sbm bbm
Googled to try to locate her. Several websites say she died in 2013.

[QUOTE="Itsapuzzle, post: 16785900, member: 90667" ..... is there any chance at all that the licence plate state is Maine? Found the name of lady with superhuman eyesight, her name is Veronica Seider,...
@Itsapuzzle sbm bbm
Googled to try to locate her. Several websites say she died in 2013.[/QUOTE]
Oh no, that’s sad to learn. She looks very youthful in the photos, yes, she passed away age 62 from health problems. Thanks so much al66pine, totally indebted, excellent sleuthing. Will see if there’s anyone else out there with these abilities.

Ask yourself whether you were seeing SP’s movements through the filter of your already formulated theory of targeting, or if you are examining those movements without bias and only drawing a conclusion afterward.

To answer your question, what of great value to SP could have been in the church? I think it’s a mistake to think there must be something of great value. Previously in this thread, I linked a commercial burglary study that involved interviews with actual burglars who have been incarcerated. The study noted that most burglars are motivated by addiction, or the need for hard cash, and quite possibly they are unemployed. So if this SP is committing a burglary, they’re not looking for something of great value. They’re looking for something that will enable them to survive a little longer. I personally think that they were looking for cash, and it would’ve been worthwhile to them if they got several hundred bucks out of it.

You say that it wouldn’t have been worth all the costuming and planning and risk. Again, you’ve already formed your theory, and in this theory you assume that the person put a lot of effort into this before breaking in. You are validating your hypothesis with assumptions that are based on that hypothesis. And round and round in a circle we go.

isn’t it possible that the outfit was readily available to SP via a roommate or a spouse? And we have no idea how much planning went into the job. Planning is part of your targeted theory, but it doesn’t necessarily have to play a large role in the untargeted theory. In fact, for all we know, the church might not have been this person’s first option.

You say that SP doesn’t seem to know where to look. SP is going from one door to the next one methodically, in order. You don’t know what is in their mind. They could be looking for the offices, because that would most likely be the location of any money. In fact, that’s my theory of why they abandon prying into room 1, because right there in their line of sight is an arrow painted on the wall with the word “OFFICES”.

By the way, the argument that Team Targeted often uses Is that this person just seems to be wandering around, taking their time, don’t really know where they’re going, etc. You know, that observation, if it were accurate, would not bode well for your targeted theory. How many targeted hits do you know of where the killer spends a lot of time just moving around taking up time, if they know they’re about to commit a murder? Aren’t they going to be a lot antsier, more twitchy than the person we see on that video? If they’re using that building as a means of killing a specific person at a specific time, Then why don’t they get in and out quickly just as you assume a burglar would?

To wrap up your comment, there really isn’t any dawdling. There’s no aimlessness. Again, get to know your layout. Understand where this perpetrator is in each scene of that video.
IF it was indeed a woman, who targeted Missy for revenge (which I don't believe atm), what would a woman have done in that situation? Would she have broken the side entrance by herself, would she have walked the halls in this manner, sequentially opening doors and crashing windows ? Would she have been sitting in the kitchen to do whatever before walking along the hall ways? Would she have had a connection to a car with driver (perhaps) outside the church for "allround-helping" with the crime?

Last edited:
@Itsapuzzle sbm bbm
Googled to try to locate her. Several websites say she died in 2013.

I don't think that a person's visual acuity is the limiting factor in reading the plate. It's more about pixel depth and the detail it can convey. It would be a different story if the person with great vision were actually in the parking lot, looking at the plate, as opposed to viewing an image/video that is already degraded. IMO

I don't think that a person's visual acuity is the limiting factor in reading the plate. It's more about pixel depth and the detail it can convey. It would be a different story if the person with great vision were actually in the parking lot, looking at the plate, as opposed to viewing an image/video that is already degraded. IMO
Thanks drama_farmer, yes, good point - I'll cease and desist with my search for someone with superhuman eyesight, yes, the pixels are the problem and it's probably just an illusion that the smaller you make the plate the clearer it gets - most likely makes no difference.

One more gif for Sunday night..

We see the perp lifting his right hand/arm with the hammer to about shoulder height just before entering the auditorium. At the same time he is lifting something with his left hand up to about shoulder height. Notice they almost don't look down to retrieve it. Given the fact, that they are wearing a face mask plus helmet with chin protection, this person knows exactly where the object is located IMO, when he reaches for it:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-sp-left-side-aud-entry-east-hallway-br-sp-en8caf864047c122c0.gif

ALL IMO

-Nin

We see the perp lifting his right hand/arm with the hammer to about shoulder height just before entering the auditorium. At the same time he is lifting something with his left hand up to about shoulder height. Notice they almost don't look down to retrieve it. Given the fact, that they are wearing a face mask plus helmet with chin protection, this person knows exactly where the object is located IMO, when he reaches for it:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-sp-left-side-aud-entry-east-hallway-br-sp-en8caf864047c122c0.gif

ALL IMO

-Nin

Tactical flashlight? They can be compact yet throw off a lot of light. Some are rechargeable.

Tactical flashlight? They can be compact yet throw off a lot of light. Some are rechargeable.

Looks like it. He is pulling it from his left back side . That would be behind a gun holster, if he sticks to police belt... I think I can bring out the lateral hand grip around it as well. The police logo on the gloves gives it away as well.
It looks like he knows at this point he will be entering a large room, as he is drawing the flashlight way ahead of the doors. He knows the headlight won't lighten up the auditorium.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Looks like it. He is pulling it from his left back side . That would be behind a gun holster, if he sticks to police belt... I think I can bring out the lateral hand grip around it as well. The police logo on the gloves gives it away as well.
It looks like he knows at this point he will be entering a large room, as he is drawing the flashlight way ahead of the doors. He knows the headlight won't lighten up the auditorium.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Correct, they can then "sweep" the room with the tac light, looking for whatever it is they're looking for. Without having to move their head much.

JMO

ALL IMO

-Nin
With both hands occupied SP is going to have to put one of those two items away to open either of the doors at that location as those doors open out toward the hallway - unless for some reason the left-side door is already open (if the right-side door was already open we would visually see part of it).

ALL IMO

-Nin
JMO it looks like the left hand is pulling something that is attached to the upper right front of the vest. In spite of the helmet lamp, SP may have needed more light and I think he is straightening forward and turning on a clip-on flashlight. A very small white space appears between his body and his suspenders when he pulls on it. The military is trained to clip their flashlight to their LBE in that same position as SP. (LBE = "load bearing equipment" which is a utility belt + suspenders for carrying various objects like ammunition pouches, canteens, flashlight).

Rabfc38291ce9f712001ce5a426f3fb71

JMO it looks like the left hand is pulling something that is attached to the upper right front of the vest. In spite of the helmet lamp, SP may have needed more light and I think he is straightening forward and turning on a clip-on flashlight. A very small white space appears between his body and his suspenders when he pulls on it. The military is trained to clip their flashlight to their LBE in that same position as SP. (LBE = "load bearing equipment" which is a utility belt + suspenders for carrying various objects like ammunition pouches, canteens, flashlight).

Rabfc38291ce9f712001ce5a426f3fb71

Sandy, could be. however, here you see he is quickly reaching behind his left back well ahead of the auditorium door. Another looped gif (not the same as posted before) showing exactly that movement:

MB-SP-E-HW-OBJa4996e753e6d7283.gif

It is easier to see in slowed down individual frames with a magnifier. The hand goes behind his body. I will work on those frames tonight including the moment you are pointing out.

Why is this important? It is important, because it may show military or LE training, or at least some kind of training in being aware, where the tools are located he brought with him /or attached in any shape or form. If he pulled a gun on MB, it may have been a trained move. We are then IMO not looking at a civilian planning an attack on MB out of anger or rage.

This person may be retired LE/Military. Perhaps he spent some time in the kitchen - as LE stated- prior to entering the N Hallway to sober up, as it has been suggested many times. It is also possible, that this individual has not worn his equipment for some time. He may have gotten out of shape and it just did not fit that well anymore, including the shoes. After a while he is in familiar training mode. JMO

ALL IMO

-Nin

With both hands occupied SP is going to have to put one of those two items away to open either of the doors at that location as those doors open out toward the hallway - unless for some reason the left-side door is already open (if the right-side door was already open we would visually see part of it).

He can open the door(s) with his elbows, unless the left door is open, great thought Jethro. Image previously posted by GS (Gumshoe):

MB audi doors GS.jpg
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

Nin,
did you see the SP spreading his fingers in a certain way while walking the hallways (when he didn't have to hold on to something)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member