TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more gif for Sunday night..

We see the perp lifting his right hand/arm with the hammer to about shoulder height just before entering the auditorium. At the same time he is lifting something with his left hand up to about shoulder height. Notice they almost don't look down to retrieve it. Given the fact, that they are wearing a face mask plus helmet with chin protection, this person knows exactly where the object is located IMO, when he reaches for it:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-sp-left-side-aud-entry-east-hallway-br-sp-en8caf864047c122c0.gif

ALL IMO

-Nin
I believe, with these gifs more people would recognize the SP. Although in uniform, it gives a good impression of him walking/moving and his stature.

He can open the door(s) with his elbows, unless the left door is open, great thought Jethro. Image previously posted by GS (Gumshoe):

View attachment 295579
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin
Here is a photo of what those doors look like on the other side (inside the auditorium).
018E835E-56D5-40E9-B598-974C60041AC8.png

If the door that was on SP’s left was propped open, is it possible to confirm that indirectly through the shadow that is being cast on the floor?
A8AC0B03-DA55-452F-B6AA-9A5FE14894A4.jpeg

Sorry, but I can't remember this: Did anyone in Missy's "orbit" have military/police training? TIA!
I know CW was in the military and was in Iraq. He was the Linkedin guy. I don't know how much he was questioned and if he had an alibi, maybe LE just dropped it with him. Other than that I don't know, but having over 1.500 friends on FB, I'm sure she knew quite a few who were in the military.

I know CW was in the military and was in Iraq. He was the Linkedin guy. I don't know how much he was questioned and if he had an alibi, maybe LE just dropped it with him. Other than that I don't know, but having over 1.500 friends on FB, I'm sure she knew quite a few who were in the military.
BWH who was the prime person of interest for the first 1-1/2 years of the investigation, was a former military AND former police officer.

Given that BWH checked so many boxes and was first interviewed May 6, one has to wonder how thorough police were in investigating others such as CW. There are at least two other police officers that have been mentioned in social media with peripheral connections to Missy. I won’t give their initials because they’ve never been named in either public documents or in MSM.

Here is a photo of what those doors look like on the other side (inside the auditorium).
View attachment 295591

If the door that was on SP’s left was propped open, is it possible to confirm that indirectly through the shadow that is being cast on the floor?
View attachment 295592
If there was a light source behind the object it would. However, the arc of the left-side door when opening (or if fully opened) would never exceed the depth of the alcove, and any shadow would be on the left wall of the alcove and we would not see it. Too dark in the alcove for a reflection from the floor.

We do know that the light on SP's helmet has range and is relatively bright since we can see the light from it reflected on the door frame above the dutch doors twice as SP comes west in that south hall. It is tough to tell because of the lighting and video quality but I always expected when watching SP enter that alcove that the illumination would visibly increase due to reflection since the light from the helmet would be shining on the doors and surrounding walls and ceiling or even the floor if SP looked downward. But that doesn't happen.

So, for me at least, it is an open question as to whether or not the left-side door was open.

It is, of course, entirely possible that there is additional video that shows SP back out of that alcove and continue elsewhere or even a "choppy" short video segment that was left out by the video editor that indicates SP might have backed up when opening a door there or a video segment showing SP coming out of the SW auditorium doors on the west hall (SW-W) that would confirm SP entered the auditorium at the SW-S entrance. If there is no unreleased video from either of the SW cameras that shows SP we can be certain that SP did enter the auditorium there.

I suppose there is some reason for SP to try/use that particular entrance. SP had passed all 6 entrances to the auditorium at least once ( the SE entrance twice) during SP's grand circuit. My interpretation of the video of SP coming west in the south hall is that SP was going directly to that alcove rather than just walking and thinking "oh hey, there's a door".

With both hands occupied SP is going to have to put one of those two items away to open either of the doors at that location as those doors open out toward the hallway - unless for some reason the left-side door is already open (if the right-side door was already open we would visually see part of it).
Very good point. I thought perhaps SP was raising the hammer to smash more glass, but the image from GS shows the doors don't appear to have glass. Nor does SP appear to be slowing down to stop dead.

He can open the door(s) with his elbows, unless the left door is open, great thought Jethro. Image previously posted by GS (Gumshoe):

View attachment 295579
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

I don't know, I would assume the doors open out into the hallway, and that's confirmed by the inside push bar GS just posted.

The monitors that show all camera views on a screeen, where was that in the church? Do we know if SP made it into that room and had a chance to view the camera views?
That's only when there's a security guard keeping watch on all the monitors. Like home security, IMO these cameras would be recording straight to a hard drive somewhere.

That's only when there's a security guard keeping watch on all the monitors. Like home security, IMO these cameras would be recording straight to a hard drive somewhere.

In my experience, a multi-cam surveillance system (i have one in my house too -- multiple wired cams connected to a giant hard drive) often has a monitor/screen connected on location so that you can view the cameras or play-back what's on the hard-drive. it's not just for when they have a security team monitoring. They can choose not to hook up a monitor to it but they may have had a monitor up and running in the office showing the live feed from the cameras (unless someone can confirm one way or another).

snipped for focus
I suppose there is some reason for SP to try/use that particular entrance. SP had passed all 6 entrances to the auditorium at least once ( the SE entrance twice) during SP's grand circuit. My interpretation of the video of SP coming west in the south hall is that SP was going directly to that alcove rather than just walking and thinking "oh hey, there's a door".
My interpretation is a little different. From the beginning of the grand circuit as you call it, SP is following a protocol. They come out of room 8 and turn right, check the next door down, then turn right again out of that room, and check the next one down, and so forth. And so that method has SP proceeding along the perimeter, concentrating on the outer rooms because those are the rooms to his right. He does not, in the footage we see, step across the hall to check an inner room. So he is ignoring those other auditorium entrances you mention because they’re not on the right side of the hallway.

Not until he comes out of room 10, that is. At that point he has completed the grand circuit (room 8 is just around the corner), and so he makes his first trip across the hall and breaks into storage room 9. Then we don’t see it but can assume he does the same with the next room, 14. He then turns back up the hallway and there are no other doors to open until he gets to that alcove. I think if that alcove had not been there, he would have continued on around the corner and turned his attention to Holy Grounds, followed by the next auditorium entrance.

What I Wish I Knew:
I wish I knew if police blundered in getting the last two video scenes reversed, or if it was intentional. I could see it being a blunder - if someone were given the task of editing the footage together and they didn’t know the church and were in a rush, they could have put the two Dutch door hallway scenes adjacent to one another without realizing that they weren’t chronological. And they could have mistaken the alcove auditorium entrance and the room 10 door with being the same door since it seems that way when cutting from one to the other.

On the other hand, I could see the messed up video sequence being intentional. I could see police wanting to make it unclear as to the suspect’s last known location, so they could keep that info to themselves. Which would be relevant if when Missy heard something, what she was hearing came from inside the auditorium. You could envision a scenario where she can’t locate the sound right away, walks up the hall, and then either opens an auditorium door and finds SP or else SP emerges from the auditorium behind her, and now her path back to her truck is blocked, and she is also standing in the way of SP’s path back to his vehicle on the N side. To me, this scenario makes the most sense.

SP enters at 3:50.xx
This video in the main hallway is time-stamped from 3:58.23 to 3:58.29 in the upper left corner. This leads me to believe that any out-of-sequence footage was intentional, and LE letterboxed the version on their website so the public cannot know the times for certain. LE is more likely purposeful IMO.

@Gumshoe Stories , since you are so familiar with the floor plan, room numbers and movements of SP, can you calculate SP's movements to time? I mean, if SP entered the north halfway from the kitchen or dining door at 3:50.xx, it took SP a really long time 8 minutes at room 1&2 doors in the west main hallway before we see SP moving on at 3:58.xx. Is that then another 8 minutes to traverse the south and east hallways? And then SP disappeared into the auditorium approx. 4:06.xx with MB arriving in 12 minutes?

First of all, I am glad to see this thread is back open. I live not too far from the area and pass the church yearly (minus Covid years). I have been haunted by this tragedy and would love to see some closure.

When the threads first opened I remember lots of maps and pictures. Does anyone have a link to a map that is updated to reflect any updates? Or any other pertinent information? TIA if anyone can point me in the right direction.

First of all, I am glad to see this thread is back open. I live not too far from the area and pass the church yearly (minus Covid years). I have been haunted by this tragedy and would love to see some closure.

When the threads first opened I remember lots of maps and pictures. Does anyone have a link to a map that is updated to reflect any updates? Or any other pertinent information? TIA if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Greetings. This is a link to the church map many are using.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/b822d2ed-1de9-475d-83a3-9b55d5ac1517-jpeg.291104/

snipped for focus

My interpretation is a little different. From the beginning of the grand circuit as you call it, SP is following a protocol. They come out of room 8 and turn right, check the next door down, then turn right again out of that room, and check the next one down, and so forth. And so that method has SP proceeding along the perimeter, concentrating on the outer rooms because those are the rooms to his right. He does not, in the footage we see, step across the hall to check an inner room. So he is ignoring those other auditorium entrances you mention because they’re not on the right side of the hallway.

Not until he comes out of room 10, that is. At that point he has completed the grand circuit (room 8 is just around the corner), and so he makes his first trip across the hall and breaks into storage room 9. Then we don’t see it but can assume he does the same with the next room, 14. He then turns back up the hallway and there are no other doors to open until he gets to that alcove. I think if that alcove had not been there, he would have continued on around the corner and turned his attention to Holy Grounds, followed by the next auditorium entrance.

What I Wish I Knew:
I wish I knew if police blundered in getting the last two video scenes reversed, or if it was intentional. I could see it being a blunder - if someone were given the task of editing the footage together and they didn’t know the church and were in a rush, they could have put the two Dutch door hallway scenes adjacent to one another without realizing that they weren’t chronological. And they could have mistaken the alcove auditorium entrance and the room 10 door with being the same door since it seems that way when cutting from one to the other.

On the other hand, I could see the messed up video sequence being intentional. I could see police wanting to make it unclear as to the suspect’s last known location, so they could keep that info to themselves. Which would be relevant if when Missy heard something, what she was hearing came from inside the auditorium. You could envision a scenario where she can’t locate the sound right away, walks up the hall, and then either opens an auditorium door and finds SP or else SP emerges from the auditorium behind her, and now her path back to her truck is blocked, and she is also standing in the way of SP’s path back to his vehicle on the N side. To me, this scenario makes the most sense.
There is an entrance door to the auditorium at the SE corner of the auditorium (also one at the NE of the auditorium). It should be right across from room 17. So there is an entrance to the auditorium prior to SP getting to the SW-S doors. If SP is taking doors in order what was wrong with that door at the SE?

I mean, if SP opened that SE door SP would be able to see clearly all the lit exit signs at all the doors inside the auditorium including the one at the SW-S and had SP entered at the SE there wouldn't be much point of entering elsewhere. If SP simply bypassed the SE door I would find that interesting. We have no video that informs us either way.

It could be as simple as the auditorium door at the SE being locked (but you claim none of them were locked) but there must be a reason SP went to the SW alcove when one other option was seemingly available in SP's clock-wise return. Perhaps SP has spatial awareness difficulties, though I doubt it.

also snipped for focus

You have articulated a likely scenario here (in my opinion).

So I think about why SP targets the church for his evening: Was he getting off work really late every night, driving by the dark church set back from the road and settled on this seemingly perfectly deserted place? Was he a bouncer or bartender at a bar? 3rd shift at a plant somewhere? Night security at a hotel downtown?

His preparation and relaxed attitude leads me believe he's confident in his location and could have spent a decent amount of time considering it....like by driving by it every night on his way to\from work in the middle of the night.

All my opinions.

There is an entrance door to the auditorium at the SE corner of the auditorium (also one at the NE of the auditorium). It should be right across from room 17. So there is an entrance to the auditorium prior to SP getting to the SW-S doors. If SP is taking doors in order what was wrong with that door at the SE?

I mean, if SP opened that SE door SP would be able to see clearly all the lit exit signs at all the doors inside the auditorium including the one at the SW-S and had SP entered at the SE there wouldn't be much point of entering elsewhere. If SP simply bypassed the SE door I would find that interesting. We have no video that informs us either way.

It could be as simple as the auditorium door at the SE being locked (but you claim none of them were locked) but there must be a reason SP went to the SW alcove when one other option was seemingly available in SP's clock-wise return. Perhaps SP has spatial awareness difficulties, though I doubt it.

"there must be a reason SP went to the SW alcove"

Astute observation the SP bypassed previous entry points yet chose to specifically enter the dark auditorium at the SW corner, assuming that SPs entry was complete.

Is this particular movement performed in order to allow SP to intentionally position oneself inside the auditorium?

Then, perhaps, station oneself inside the auditorium at any pre-selected exit points into the West Wing, including the door into the NW Hallway while awaiting the assault, if MB was ambushed?

Missy walks N into the West Wing. SP could open an auditorium door as she passes by and shoot her in the head.

One more gif for Sunday night..

We see the perp lifting his right hand/arm with the hammer to about shoulder height just before entering the auditorium. At the same time he is lifting something with his left hand up to about shoulder height. Notice they almost don't look down to retrieve it. Given the fact, that they are wearing a face mask plus helmet with chin protection, this person knows exactly where the object is located IMO, when he reaches for it:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-sp-left-side-aud-entry-east-hallway-br-sp-en8caf864047c122c0.gif

ALL IMO

-Nin

I had originally thought it had to do something with the headlamp. I theorized it may be a headlamp that could be activated with hand gestures.

It looked to me like the headlamp turns off just before they turn into the auditorium. Then, SP lifts their hands and it turns back on. Also, it's seems like SP tilts his/her head back slightly when the headlamp turns back on again.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members