Deceased/Not Found NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

The post has multiple pictures, showing the falls lit up as dark blue/turquoise and pink (it looks like two distinct blues, but it could be camera funkiness).

That would mean she either visited at least two different days or one is a stock picture.

ETA: Can different areas be lit different colors? It looks like two angles from the same location, the pink is on the "right," so maybe it is the same day. But it does look like shot from a "regular" POV, nothing professional/stock image-like about it.
I didn’t see all of the pictures because I don’t have Snapchat. Can you post them here? I can tell you exactly where they were taken from and get a better idea if they were live. The lights often cycle thru many colors on the same night, sometimes in time with music. Without much tourist traffic due to Covid I don’t believe the music is on but I can certainly find out what colors they were on that night and if they are turned off at a specific time.

The post has multiple pictures, showing the falls lit up as dark blue/turquoise and pink (it looks like two distinct blues, but it could be camera funkiness).

That would mean she either visited at least two different days or one is a stock picture.

ETA: Can different areas be lit different colors? It looks like two angles from the same location, the pink is on the "right," so maybe it is the same day. But it does look like shot from a "regular" POV, nothing professional/stock image-like about it.
I didn’t see all of the pictures because I don’t have Snapchat. Can you post them here? I can tell you exactly where they were taken from and get a better idea if they were live. The lights often cycle thru many colors on the same night, sometimes in time with music. Without much tourist traffic due to Covid I don’t believe the music is on but I can certainly find out what colors they were on that night and if they are turned off at a specific time.

Here is a link with all of the information on the lights including the cycle they were on that night and what time the turn on/shut off.
There are also quite a few stock photos for comparison of colors. On that Saturday they were turned on at 8 off at 2am and did the Nature cycle. There was no special request illumination to make them irregular colors.
If we can be sure the photo is real, we can use the colors the lights were to determine very close to what time it was
Lights on Niagara Falls | Illumination

Female college student, 19, has been missing for over a week after catching a bus to Niagara Falls | Daily Mail Online

Her family say call records suggest that she had been communicating with someone on Saturday until her phone was pinged the next morning. However, they do not know who that person might be.
I hope the police have talked to the person she was in contact with that night. If she was using the phone the entire time, it could suggest that she was alone. What if her contact was nowhere near Niagara Falls at the time?

Sorry to be blunt, but let's assume she was indeed there.
If alone, is there a risk of self-harm without being seen (i.e. on camera), or can we almost certainly rule that scenario out as it probably would have been caught on camera?
Can we assume if she (alone or with a companion) was there, they will find footage proving she/ they were there?

I guess I am hoping that this area is different from the cases where there isn't really camera footage of the area or the cameras have been known to miss a person who was indeed there.

Those photos are from last November. There is a single photo from Snapchat purportedly sent by her on the night of her disappearance.

Oh OK I was confused and got the wires crossed. I had seen the link to her Instagram and that's what I thought we were talking about.

However I see it's about the Snap she purportedly sent the night of. Since it isn't confirmed hers or not I don't believe we can discuss it. @lynmaree

There are likely quite a few cameras in the Niagara Falls area so maybe that can help. I wonder what time the last ping was.
There are a lot of cameras along the roads and in that park that leads to the bridge to Goat island. She must have been captured on camera getting to the island. Once on the island there are unfortunately many places where it is wooded and you can walk right up to the water without being seen.

There are a lot of cameras along the roads and in that park that leads to the bridge to Goat island. She must have been captured on camera getting to the island. Once on the island there are unfortunately many places where it is wooded and you can walk right up to the water without being seen.
How effective are those cameras at night?

Has the man in those videos been in the conversation at all (not trying to discuss who he is, only who he is to Saniyya)? Is that her bf?

I don't recall hearing anything about a bf.
The videos with him are from January and March. Judging by the context he is (or perhaps was) her boyfriend. I haven't seen a boyfriend mentioned in MSM.

How effective are those cameras at night?
No idea but I would hope they work- its high traffic and its on an international border.

There is good lighting as well.

I wonder if there are any webcams on the hotels facing the park or from across the river in Canada where you might be able to see someone if they jumped. There is a cam on both of the falls.

Please know that University Police Chief Peter Carey and his officers have been working tirelessly with law enforcement agencies at the local, state, and federal levels to locate Saniyya. In particular, we thank the New York State Park Police and the countless community volunteers who have assisted in the search by posting fliers or sharing Saniyya’s photos on social media. We also appreciate the news media for all they are doing to share Saniyya’s story as we collectively hope for her safe return.

As Chief Carey stated on Saturday, we recognize that there is great interest in the details of this case, but please understand that in order to protect the integrity of this multiagency investigation, we are unable to publicly disclose certain aspects of the case. This remains an active missing person investigation, and our dedicated officers, investigators, and UPD staff will not rest until Saniyya is found. UPD will continue to post advisory updates on its website as information becomes available.

Please check the UPD website regularly for updates, and please remember that any information that may be of assistance to the investigation should be reported immediately to UPD at (716) 878-6333 or police@buffalostate.edu.

Community comes together to continue the search for missing Buff State student Saniyya Dennis | News 4 Buffalo

May 3
Rain or shine, a local group of activists have been out searching for at least four days to make sure missing Buffalo State College student Saniyya Dennis is found safe.

Stevens says they’re also expanding their search beyond the the falls area.

“The thing is that there’s nothing indicating that she had gone in the water, so just as much effort as we’re putting to having people search the waterfronts, we want to give equal effort out in the community in case she is out there disoriented and confused. People will recognize her face and know immediately that this girl is missing and in danger.”

Since it happened to a friend and colleague, without any prior warning or diagnosis, I always wonder about a sudden unexpected episode of bipolar disorder. My colleague who was in his 20s at the time, suddenly vanished from our firm one night. He was found some 100 miles away 2 weeks later, with no recollection of how he got there.
I hope in a way that it is something like this, that Saniyya will be found safe, because I fear other scenarios.

Since it happened to a friend and colleague, without any prior warning or diagnosis, I always wonder about a sudden unexpected episode of bipolar disorder. My colleague who was in his 20s at the time, suddenly vanished from our firm one night. He was found some 100 miles away 2 weeks later, with no recollection of how he got there.
I hope in a way that it is something like this, that Saniyya will be found safe, because I fear other scenarios.
Yeah, honestly this is the year for downward spirals, I've been seeing it a lot on Websleuths but in real life as well. I feel there are so many variables happening at once that lend themselves to anxiety, depression and other mental issues that make so many of these cases a head scratcher... impulsive vacation? domestic violence? opportunistic predator? suicide? wandering aimlessly in the streets? ugh. so sad for the loved ones who have to fight and wait simultaneously :( hugs to all of them.
moo

Yes they can have different colors in different areas. Ot also does rotate colors every 5 or 10 minutes normally if it is not lit for special things. They are giant spotlights that are aimed at the waterfall. There used to be lenses that were there but now with led it has probably changed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back