Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I haven't had my hair cut or pedicure or anything.. EGADS I'm a sore sight for sure. But after all my doctors appts and dentist appts... that I've backed up 2 years on... I'll do such.

It's been fun to have an excuse to not wear any makeup and look like EGADS!... Slow the change is. I have my first outing to an OUTDOOR city choral concert next week with neighbors. Perhaps I'll get my feet done and hair done by then, although I have enjoyed the freedom of being an absolute SLOB and saving $$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the past year hehehehe.
Yes, I've also enjoyed not wearing make-up, way more than I ever thought I would enjoy it. I was in a zoom meeting the other day and decided to put on some minimal make-up. I felt overly gussied-up, lol, like a painted lady! And I"m sure no one even noticed. I will likely continue going barefaced much the time. It's nice to not spend time and money on that stuff.

I gained weight in 2020 and am now working to get it off and have had success so far. I'm enjoying losing it!

Moving on.

He faked a coronavirus certificate to fly to Argentina, officials say. He was infected all along. — The Washington Post

:eek:

“Just hours before he was set to board a flight home to Argentina on Saturday, Santiago Solans Portillo received some news that appeared to throw a wrench in his travel plans: His coronavirus test had come back positive, authorities say.

But when the 29-year-old arrived at the airport in Miami, he made no such disclosure to the American Airlines agents checking him in, instead presenting a medical certificate that said he was fit to fly.

It was only the following day, when he landed in Buenos Aires and health officials took his temperature, finding he had a fever of 101.3 degrees, that he made his confession: He probably had covid-19 — and should not have boarded the plane.”

:mad:

More re-opening news

"If you get yours [vaccine] at Citi Field or Yankee Stadium you get a free ticket to an upcoming game, an added bonus to keep vaccinations on pace with the state's reopening progress."

"New York will begin to pilot reduced social distancing at large-scale indoor event venues in assigned, seated sections designated for those who are fully vaccinated as well."

"Broadway will fully reopen its doors this September....At this point, masks, health screenings, enhanced air filtration and ventilation as well as rigorous cleaning and disinfection requirements will be mandatory.....Prior to the pandemic, nearly 250,000 people were seeing a Broadway show every week."

"Mets' and Yankees' stadiums ... Starting May 19, large-scale outdoor venues will only be limited by space available for patrons to maintain the required 6 feet of social distance....Fully vaccinated attendees at large-scale venues can be seated at full capacity in specially designated sections, the governor said. Proof of full immunization status will be required and can be shown using the state's Excelsior Pass."

Broadway Tickets Go on Sale Thursday for 100% Reopening Sept. 14; Stadiums Debut Vaccinated-Only Sections

"Excelsior Pass supports a safe reopening of New York by providing a free, fast and secure way to present digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. ...

You can store your Pass digitally on your smartphone with the Excelsior Pass Wallet app...You can also print your Pass from the Excelsior Pass website and bring it with you.

Businesses and venues can scan and validate your pass to ensure you meet any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry. Along with your Pass, you’ll be asked to show a photo ID that shows your name and birth date to verify that the Pass belongs to you. Adults may hold passes for accompanying minors....

Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. New Yorkers can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue."

Excelsior Pass

OMG! I haven't had my hair cut or pedicure or anything.. EGADS I'm a sore sight for sure. But after all my doctors appts and dentist appts... that I've backed up 2 years on... I'll do such.

It's been fun to have an excuse to not wear any makeup and look like EGADS!... Slow the change is. I have my first outing to an OUTDOOR city choral concert next week with neighbors. Perhaps I'll get my feet done and hair done by then, although I have enjoyed the freedom of being an absolute SLOB and saving $$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the past year hehehehe.
I had a zoom call today with workmates I havent seen in ages.

Oh wow! they said, that blonde really suits you!

Blonde?! Almost pure white :D

NYC restrictions are in process of being lifted.

May 3: can sit at a bar (last place in the state where you couldn't)
May 17: midnight curfew ends for outdoor dining ends
May 31: midnight curfew ends for indoor dining ends

"To be clear: we will only be able to maintain this progress if everyone gets the Covid vaccine," said the governor.

Dining curfews to be lifted starting May 17Los toques de queda para cenar se levantarán a partir del 17 de mayo - Manhattan Times News

I live in Manhattan and the neighborhood changed over the past year. But I also saw people pulling together to make it work, to make an effort to help keep local businesses afloat, comply with safety measures, etc. The restaurant in my building is continually working on their outdoor seating - adding decorative touches, etc. I wonder if all of them will stay up?

I went to my first meal inside a restaurant last weekend for the first time in forever. I'm now fully vaccinated so I felt comfortable and procedures were in place for safety and .... it was nice to be back. We stopped at our favorite candy shop, where you still can't go inside, but they will fetch items for you. The store actually made it a really fun experience. We need the upbeat moments!

I think those who made an effort to move forward are really feeling good right now. I'm sensing such a jovial mood in the air lately. I have little interest in naysayers about the vaccine. I don't need to be convinced how "bad" the vaccines are after I already got my two doses, ykwim. Moving on.

I still haven't got my haircut.

This is really good news. NYers have worked really hard at covid safety since that first devastating wave. There couldn't be much more of a congested place for a virus to do its work - that was a huge environmental hurdle to overcome.

My vaccine hesitant NY friend is talking about getting vaccinated now. He is seeing the growing proportions of NYers being vaccinated around him, and I think he is starting to feel like the odd one out.

CDC lays out cruise test run rules for cruises to run trial voyages
More at link
Cruise lines could soon begin sailing from U.S. ports again with simulated voyages meant to test the ship's readiness post-COVID-19. The trial voyages will embark with volunteer passengers.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday released guidancefor cruise ships to undertake simulated voyages with volunteer passengers as part of its COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate application.

The instructions include eligibility and requirements for conducting a trial voyage, which would help prepare for future restricted passenger voyages, and guide cruise ship inspection on those voyages.

NJ school nurse suspended after pushing back on mask mandate, says it's 'child abuse' — Fox News

“The suspended Stafford school nurse has three kids of her own and has been a medical professional for 13 years. Pein mentioned in a Facebook video, posted by Republican gubernatorial candidate Hirsh Singh, that the mask mandate is "child abuse."

“The school nurse, who works at the Stafford Township School District, went on to say a student mentioned that he's been "shockingly" wearing a mask for two weeks and told her he "can't take" the mask off. “How could this be? This kid sleeping and showering in this mask for two weeks? We tried to take it off and we couldn't, so we actually had to cut it off and throw it away," Pein told co-host Brian Kilmeade.”

What? They had to cut the mask off?
So he had not been able to eat or even take a sip of water for two weeks?
How is that possible?

NJ school nurse suspended after pushing back on mask mandate, says it's 'child abuse' — Fox News

“The suspended Stafford school nurse has three kids of her own and has been a medical professional for 13 years. Pein mentioned in a Facebook video, posted by Republican gubernatorial candidate Hirsh Singh, that the mask mandate is "child abuse."

“The school nurse, who works at the Stafford Township School District, went on to say a student mentioned that he's been "shockingly" wearing a mask for two weeks and told her he "can't take" the mask off. “How could this be? This kid sleeping and showering in this mask for two weeks? We tried to take it off and we couldn't, so we actually had to cut it off and throw it away," Pein told co-host Brian Kilmeade.”

What? They had to cut the mask off?
So he had not been able to eat or even take a sip of water for two weeks?
How is that possible?

I imagine the parents are telling their children that they cant take their masks off (except to eat/drink) in an effort to have the children wear the masks the rest of the time that they are at school.

I can see a child getting their mask adhered to their face by mucus or peanut butter.
I can also see a child getting their mask grubby the second they walk out of the house (judging by the way they treat their clothes).

Mask adverseries often seem to exaggerate. Some media hone in on items like this.

I had a zoom call today with workmates I havent seen in ages.

Oh wow! they said, that blonde really suits you!

Blonde?! Almost pure white :D
Zoom has helped us to keep up our extended family’s Christmas cookie decorating contest and meet the newest additions to the family. FaceTime has been amazing too. It helped make the pandemic tolerable.

Hey everyone! I haven't been here for a long while.
We are doing much better here in L.A. County now than the nightmarish Dec 20/Jan 21.

I received my second dose of Moderna on May 3. From the evening of May 3 to May 4th all day and night, I suffered through high fever (101.3 - 101.7), headache, extreme fatigue, and of course sore arm. I feel normal today May 6. I also experienced joint pain on my wrists and hands about a week after the first dose, was unable to make a fist without pain and both hands were swollen that I had to take my ring off. It lasted for 2 full days and scared me enough to consider not getting the second shot but my doctor (and my family) convinced me to get it done, which I did an am so glad I did.

New Study Estimates More Than 900,000 People Have Died Of COVID-19 In U.S.

A new study estimates that the number of people who have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. is more than 900,000, a number 57% higher than official figures.

Worldwide, the study's authors say, the COVID-19 death count is nearing 7 million, more than double the reported number of 3.24 million.

The analysis comes from researchers at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, who looked at excess mortality from March 2020 through May 3, 2021, compared it with what would be expected in a typical nonpandemic year, then adjusted those figures to account for a handful of other pandemic-related factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member