Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am Gladys Kravitz curtain-twitcher level of nosy, I do understand not releasing the affadavit until it's been reviewed by a judge.

We do not want anything to jeopardize the pursuit of justice for Suzanne.

Still can't wait to see it when it's available. I bet it's as shocking as Gannon's case. Things we didn't even begin to imagine.

I've always thought the money was funny, and I've very interested in the financials.

I'm guessing there is not any way to block him from using what is essentially Suzanne's money to defend himself? Because legally, it's all his now. He made sure of that. (Particularly vile and infuriating.)

All of the above, MOO.

Thursday, May 6th:
*Hearing on Advisement (Virtual) (@ 10:30am MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence a public servant. No bond.
On May 10, 2020 at 17:46 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50. Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area & contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area & failed to return home.
6/3/20 Update: Barry Lee Morphew (53) (DOB 10/1967) has applied for guardianship of his missing wife in Indiana. His petition states that his wife is "incapacitated" & "cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry". Motion to sell real estate; Order Approving Sale of Real Estate entered. Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship scheduled for 9/1/20 at 10:00am via video conference. Hamilton Superior Court in Hamilton County, IND. 9/1/20 Update: Order granting Petition to Establish Guardianship. Oath of permanent guardian required before issuing letters of permanent guardianship.
5/5/21 Update: Barry Morphew was arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempt to influence public servant. Advisement hearing on 5/6/21 virtual.

So good to see you join us @OldCop ! Quite the day in Salida, CO. Praying we are getting closer each day for #JusticeForSuzanne. I’m very thankful at this point, he’s in custody, and he can’t do more physical harm to others. Very sad for the two Morphew daughters. MOO

Information without action is antithetical to its purpose...
Error505,

Perhaps BM's daughters believe his stories, and are shocked with the arrest.
In a case, I followed, the husband was found guilty of killing his wife.
His daughter, even after the trial, believed his stories.

Mike King of PE finally explained the holding up 5 fingers in previous videos - it was referring to BM possibly moving Suzanne’s body multiple times which could coincide with the tampering with evidence charge.
Moo

Oh I am glad he cleared that up. I wonder if she was moved 5 times, or if she is in 5 different places ☹️ Sorry to suggest that.

Statutes, codes, and regulations
Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-8-610
Current

Tampering with physical evidence

(1) A person commits tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, he:
(a) Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; or
(b) Knowingly makes, presents, or offers any false or altered physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding.

(2) "Physical evidence", as used in this section, includes any article, object, document, record, or other thing of physical substance; except that "physical evidence" does not include a human body, part of a human body, or human remains subject to a violation of section 18-8-610.5.

(3) Tampering with physical evidence is a class 6 felony.

C.R.S. § 18-8-610

I’d love to know what ol Barry thought when he looked in his rear view mirror and saw all the LE vehicles behind him. Wonder if his blood pressure went up just a tad. :)

And- Time for ol Barry to pay back the gimme fund money! 33,552.00 was raised. Donations are disabled. I wonder if that was done today. Last donation was 25 days ago. :(

Statutes, codes, and regulations
Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-8-610
Current

Tampering with physical evidence

(1) A person commits tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, he:
(a) Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; or
(b) Knowingly makes, presents, or offers any false or altered physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding.

(2) "Physical evidence", as used in this section, includes any article, object, document, record, or other thing of physical substance; except that "physical evidence" does not include a human body, part of a human body, or human remains subject to a violation of section 18-8-610.5.

(3) Tampering with physical evidence is a class 6 felony.

C.R.S. § 18-8-610

Is this charge of tampering because Barry planted a Morphew bicycle near a tree at the river in hopes folks would believe it was where Suzanne disappeared while riding her bicycle?

Perhaps BM's daughters believe his stories, and are shocked with the arrest.
In a case, I followed, the husband was found guilty of killing his wife.
His daughter, even after the trial, believed his stories.
We see that in a lot of sad cases, where one spouse kills the other---and the kids side with the remaining spouse, because denial is better than accepting such an ugly truth. :(

E0qB_hvWQAY7RlF

Did Barry suspect the arrest was coming? He looks awful - suitcases under the eyes and has lost quite a bit of weight. Guess that's what a guilty conscience does to a person?

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

Who is that "one person" Suzanne would consider her death being worthy of?

Is it just me or is Barry looking a little like Chase Merritt these days?
So happy to see this news today - a great day for Justice!
Beautiful Suzanne. We are all here with you.

I was listening to a missing person podcast where a outstanding guest speaker was talking about ambiguous grief. They even touched on how Covid has impacted loved ones of missing persons. It was both interesting and very sad. It made me think of SM case, this was before BM’s arrest.

With tragedies such as SM case, unfortunately, a fire ball can divide a family forever. It wouldn’t surprise me if the girls stand firm next to their father as he goes through the legal/court process.

And just like that, May 2020, many lives wrecked forever. One life never given the chance to carry on, discover something new about themselves, live a happy single life, fall in love again, plan a daughters wedding, feel a new found freedom....

Senseless.

IMO

I was listening to a missing person podcast where a outstanding guest speaker was talking about ambiguous grief. They even touched on how Covid has impacted loved ones of missing persons. It was both interesting and very sad. It made me think of SM case, this was before BM’s arrest.

With tragedies such as SM case, unfortunately, a fire ball can divide a family forever. It wouldn’t surprise me if the girls stand firm next to their father as he goes through the legal/court process.

And just like that, May 2020, many lives wrecked forever. One life never given the chance to carry on, discover something new about themselves, live a happy single life, fall in love again, plan a daughters wedding, feel a new found freedom....

Senseless.

IMO

BBM

It's heartbreaking to think of how many lives this selfish man has disrupted.

I suspect the daughter's will stand by BM. They're so young, and after the way he cut Suzanne's family out of their lives, I can see them believing whatever he tells them.

I do wonder, however, if some members of the extended family, that also live in CO, may not have had an epiphany about the situation and may have shared some things with LE along the way.

MOO

Marking my spot too.
Also I was thinking--- premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon. But, one who deliberates, in my opinion, is one who considers the act and its consequences (but not necessarily the punishment), and then deciding to follow through with it. This is only moo.

Which leads me to wonder if a deliberate act isn’t carried out in the heat of passion.

Imo, it comes as no surprise that this murder was premeditated. I've always believed it was planned with much thought and way in advance, possibly of them even moving to Colorado, where Suzanne became totally isolated from her loved ones. All the coincidences never sat right with me: Suzanne being all alone on Mother's Day, girls out of town, no cams, poor Wifi and cell service, Barry out of town, etc. I truly believe something went south for ole Barry during that Mother's Day weekend that screwed up his pre-planned alibi, and caused everything to become messy, and he was in full panic mode when he gathered his workers for the Broomfield job. Maybe he did have a fire training course that weekend, and it got cancelled suddenly due to Covid, or maybe the girls decided to head back to Salida earlier than scheduled. Whatever it was, I do hope we will one day have the answers to this puzzling case. That arrest warrant cannot come fast enough, I tell ya. (I think you ALL know).

FYI: I dreamed about Barry and the girls last night. We were in a house together, and I knew he was a murderer. We were playing games like Ring around the Rosie (kinda), and all the while I was thinking, is this man gonna flip and kill us? Lol. Hopefully, my Barry dreams are coming to a close.

From the Daily Mail, photos of Barry and his "friend," out living their best life getting some Mexican food. :rolleyes: Not anymore, Bear Bare. Not anymore. We were never going to let you just kill your sweet wife and move on like she was garbage. Nope. Not on our watch. :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.56.50.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.56.50.png
    723.9 KB · Views: 307
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.56.56.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.56.56.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 335
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.56.42.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.56.42.png
    803.1 KB · Views: 276
I really am toying between two separate motives/theories here. One is very similar to Chris Watts’ and the excitement of a new life. The other relates to Suzanne having “had enough” and making steps to leave. Regardless, both motives have a strong financial underpinning, motivated by greed, along with a huge amount of narcissism on B’s part. All of this and the below is JMO.

Theory 1 - The new life!

Middle aged man, perhaps going through a mid life crisis, but also plagued by narcissism and the need to be adored. Hangs around with a younger crowd, gym go-er, wants to stay relevant. Appearances are important - the house, the cars, the beautiful wife and children, but it all became boring for him eventually. He wanted more. He wanted excitement that a new life could bring. He sought out that new life, perhaps found a new woman who adored him, perhaps one who idolised him, who put him on a pedestal and it made him feel good. Suzanne loved him, but it was too comfortable. She also saw the worst sides of him, and he didn’t like people knowing about those aspects of his character. Narcissists hate it when they are exposed. Suzanne’s recent C diagnosis set the wheels in motion. He left the relationship emotionally, not that he needed that as an excuse because he was morally lacking anyway. Suzanne recovered, and this messed up his plan(s) for his new life. He couldn’t leave her, there was too much at stake and he would lose everything. So, in order to have what he wanted, Suzanne needed to disappear. He set the wheels in motion. He could have everything they owned, plus his new life, if she were no longer around.

Theory 2 - Suzanne was ready to leave

After years of control, potentially abuse (perhaps psychologically, not necessary physically), Suzanne saw the light, took back control, and made plans to leave him. I only suggest the control and abuse based on reports from those who knew Barry suggesting that he was aggressive and controlling. He moved her away from everything and everyone she knew. Control. Isolation. I also reach my own conclusions about abuse from the photographs I’ve seen of B&S together. Yes she looks happy, but he looks like a “my way or the highway” type of character. I’m not for one second suggesting that Suzanne was meek and mild, but a loving wife and mother who wanted to keep everyone happy, until she realised she wasn’t happy.

Discussions had taken place ref a separation, it wouldn’t have ended well for Barry financially, so he wouldn’t let it happen. Suzanne would to move back to IN in this scenario, the IN house sale hadn’t been finalised so that worked in her favour, and she would block the sale. Regardless, a separation wouldn’t end well for Barry, they discussed lots of possible scenarios, and he wasn’t happy with any of them. He would lose everything. The beautiful family, the beautiful doting wife, the house, the cars. Essentially everything that allowed him to give off the impression of the perfect life. Everything that made him feel powerful. The only way to not lose these things, would be if Suzanne were to disappear.

In both scenarios, Barry was to gain from Suzanne’s disappearance. Plans were made, people were conveniently not around that weekend, flaky alibis were set up, and he made sure that Suzanne would no longer be a barrier to the life he wanted.

Referring back to his use of control, I think he strangled her. I think he (I’m sorry to say this) needed her body to be easy to dispose of so he dismembered her in the home (Andy M suggested that bleach had been smelt at the PP home and we know about the H Inn). I think she lay dead when he was at the work site Saturday morning, or parts of her anyway, when MG suggested that his behaviour was “off” and he sent her home early, because he knew what he had to get home to take care of business.

How he disposed of her I don’t know, but I feel that he did so across various locations, using his machinery, hence why the dogs picked up multiple scents in multiple locations.

What next? Well, my new life starts now! Gotta sell the IN home! Gotta sell the PP home after I manipulate my daughters in to no longer wanting to live there! Gotta sell the land. Let’s free up some assets and build a new life! A new girlfriend who may or may not have been in the picture romantically before Suzanne disappeared Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online and essentially, the life which motivated him to do what he did in the first place.

Now? In custody. Will lose everything. The life he used to want. The life he no longer wanted. The life he came to want. Gone!

I hope it was all worth it Barry! And this is why I prefer cats to humans :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member