Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hearing:

motion to seal the arrest warrant, and to discuss preliminary

concerned he was flight risk: asset selling, recently bought vehicles, took his bobcat to indiana, and told several he was moving to arizona.

he was given a public defender.

protective order: da wanted, but that order was predicated on civility. judge is not against contact with m and m. they can go visit him in jail. will be a controlled visit.

judge admonished BM and told him if he was going to have this privilege, it had to be civil in nature. he cannot harass, argue or annoy, or he will be charged with additional charges. (weird).

may 27 next hearing.

no bond discussion, no bail discussion.

per chris, gf is mia.

puma path is sealed. (sorry, i think it's the condo that's sealed. not pp.)

chris found a place in salida where barry bought an enormous amount of chlorine.

biggest piece of the puzzle (per chris): there are other players involved.

barry's dad died young. may 3. barry told friends that he always believed he would die young, at age 58 specifically. they are keeping a 24/7 watch on him in jail. :( (i want barry to pay, but i don't want anyone else to die. i can't stand thinking of that.)

the girls are safely being kept away from the media.

Last edited:
How do we know it’s a girlfriend? Could it be one of his daughters? Just can’t imagine any woman wanting to be anywhere near him. JMO

Well, it's definitely not either of his daughters. The woman is considerably older than 22 and is definitely neither one of the daughters.

Woman has reddish blonde hair, has been seen around Salida with Barry many times (according to Chris) and caught on camera with him more than once. On SM, people from Salida have been commenting about Barry's new squeeze (and a lot else about his "love life") and the woman's name is certainly linked to BM's on social media.

@Alethea, does a discovery motion need to be filed or is it an automatic process in CO?

Usually it is informal as the prosecution has a duty to turn over all evidence to the defense. They said in court that the prosecution agreed before the hearing that they would produce the evidence they have so far by the 27th.

The defense can file a motion if there's an issue with the discovery material and they cannot work it out with the prosecutors outside of court. You'd do that if the production was incomplete, delayed, etc.

Usually it is informal as the prosecution has a duty to turn over all evidence to the defense. They said in court that the prosecution agreed before the hearing that they would produce the evidence they have so far by the 27th.

The defense can file a motion if there's an issue with the discovery material and they cannot work it out with the prosecutors outside of court. You'd do that if the production was incomplete, delayed, etc.

Thank you @Alethea. "Rules of Engagement" vary from State to State. The fact the Prosecution was so willing to share the evidence tells me something.

Is that normal?

Seems odd, especially since the judge has read the affidavits.

The CIVIL CONTACT order introduced by the State is very much normal protocol because there is a minor child involved.
The CIVL CONTACT order provides for civil contact between the accused and his children. However, should BM become uncivil (threatening, etc.) during his communication then he will be in violation of the civil contact order and there will be NO CONTACT.

This is from yesterday afternoon 6:15 p.m.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390097967613239297?s=21

tried to speak with a friend of Barry Morphew’s in Poncha Springs, but a Chaffee County deputy told me that she was unavailable. Multiple LE vehicles have been seen at this home today

I saw the tweet from LS regarding the friend she tried contacting who the Deputy said was “busy”. This has been confirmed by CM (The Interview Room) as a BM “girlfriend” of about 6 months that Chris has confirmed. 3 sheriff deputy cars were at her residence on Wednesday.

The CIVIL CONTACT order introduced by the State is very much normal protocol because there is a minor child involved.
The CIVL CONTACT order provides for civil contact between the accused and his children. However, should BM become uncivil (threatening, etc.) during his communication then he will be in violation of the civil contact order and there will be NO CONTACT.

IMO something like this is also in place to be able to cut off any witness tampering without having to bring separate charges (though they could if they want). The Judge explained clearly to BM that this allows only civil and polite contact. If there's any harassment, rudeness, threatening, it is a violation of the protective order and a misdemeanor. That would allow them to immediately cut contact and punish him due to violation of the existing order.

SuzanneMorphew I’m told the daughters were inside the courtroom and were very emotional. One camera was allowed inside the courtroom but no audio was allowed. @FOX21News

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390350463438974976?s=21
Of course they are very emotional. In their minds, their dad is innocent, because that's what he groomed them to believe this past year. Then there is shock, denial. As with Dulos, don't these men ever think about their children? The pain it will cause? I guess not. I guess they only think and care of themselves. NPD is such a gruesome trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa