TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone addressed this question:

Why would JL himself, after a crash, take all his belongings out of his car and carry them away?

If he did sustain an injury to his brain or an alternate state then the explanation is fairly simple, it can have major impact on clarity. The crash didn't leave him unable to walk, and it will get gradually worse with time. He left the highway because he wasn't able to think clearly. If you google "brain injury missing", it will return many cases of this happening and people suddenly going missing. A person in this state is not in the right of mind, he most likely grabbed his stuff because he felt he needed to continue the journey but then started feeling worse and hot so he got rid of his clothes, the scene reflects someone who is walking and gradually succumbing to a state of mind.

This man left the hospital without his shoes

Noah Donogue took off his clothes and continued riding his bicycle through town naked until he eventually crawled into a sewer

Stating something actually occurred (as fact) and stating a theory or possibility that something occurred is two different things. I don’t believe I’ve come across a post yet in Jason’s thread in which a member has stated he had a fatal car accident as fact.

Many posters have stated at length their belief that JL crashed his car, and was injured so badly he wandered off and died nearby but just hasn't been found. My post simply says the acts attributed to him by the "internal head injury - wander off to die" are incorrect.

I don't think anyone here thinks he died from injuries he sustained from the crash. The line of thinking + discussion is that he got a head injury from the crash (non-lethal), then wandered off, possibly became hypothermic, and succumbed to the elements and/or burrowed.

While I think we’ve already discussed - at length - the primary possibilities in Jason’s case... I keep coming back to read. I keep hoping he will be found.

It is just such a perplexing case.

Personally I was very much in the Occam’s razor camp of car crash -> head injury -> paradoxical undressing -> hypothermia = he will eventually be found just outside (or even within) the search radius.

Then I watched the video of the drive, which made me think it was quite unlikely Jason would not have realized he had strayed from the correct route.

And yet, I don’t see any evidence that suggests any of the foul play scenarios.

I just don’t know. I just hope Jason is found.

Facebook

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy (1 Peter 1:8)

183178563_437804467192063_7902302581273179542_n.jpg

Then I watched the video of the drive, which made me think it was quite unlikely Jason would not have realized he had strayed from the correct route.

This case makes me sad. I used to go to the Jimmy John's where he worked, and he was always such a nice young man. I only knew him from seeing him at the drive-through, but it's such a sad and perplexing case. I don't feel like he accidentally got off his route. It seems more like he knew what he was doing at the time he turned off. But that's just my theory.

This case makes me sad. I used to go to the Jimmy John's where he worked, and he was always such a nice young man. I only knew him from seeing him at the drive-through, but it's such a sad and perplexing case. I don't feel like he accidentally got off his route. It seems more like he knew what he was doing at the time he turned off. But that's just my theory.

Welcome to the thread, @AuntBecky! :)

Since you're local... are people talking about this case much at all? Are there still missing posters up? What about local news? Is this case still in the forefront of the Media or has interest dropped? I ask because early on (shortly after his disappearance) a local mentioned s/he asked around and people had no clue there was a missing person that was local.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Last edited:
"He'd drive into a brick wall if Waze told him to" (quote from his father) and he never turned Waze back on after Snapping with someone back at the intersection in Luling.

That seems like kind of an odd comment from his father. I'm wondering if he switched to SnapChat because he was meeting someone, and it went badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="He'd drive into a brick wall if Waze told him to" (quote from his father) and he never turned Waze back on after Snapping with someone back at the intersection in Luling.

That's what I think happened, and that's why no digital footprint from that point on. Something went wrong with whomever he was meeting. I brought up before that Luling was a stop for him that evening, before he continued on to a friend's house. That's why he had his pet betta with him. Plus, his father wasn't expecting him that evening. So basically... Luling for whatever reason, then a friends house, then eventually his parents house once his sister arrived. He and his older brother were waiting for her to arrive first.

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread, @AuntBecky! :)

Since you're local... are people talking about this case much at all? Are there still missing posters up? What about local news? Is this case still in the forefront of the Media or has interest dropped? I ask because early on (shortly after his disappearance) a local mentioned s/he asked around and people had no clue there was a missing person that was local.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Thank you!

No, people aren't talking about this case anymore at all. I've never seen a missing poster. It was on the local news for a little while, but not anymore.

I only saw him maybe five or six times, and that was when he took my order at Jimmy John's. My impression was that he was a little shy, but friendly enough. I wouldn't have thought he looked like the type to be into drugs or anything, but of course you can't always tell. It was on the news that his father is the pastor of a church.

Thank you!

No, people aren't talking about this case anymore at all. I've never seen a missing poster. It was on the local news for a little while, but not anymore.

I only saw him maybe five or six times, and that was when he took my order at Jimmy John's. My impression was that he was a little shy, but friendly enough. I wouldn't have thought he looked like the type to be into drugs or anything, but of course you can't always tell. It was on the news that his father is the pastor of a church.

Yes, at Southwestern Presbyterian Church.

Southminster Presbyterian Church | Staff

"But it’s the approximate 67-minute window between Jason’s last digital footprint and the discovery of the crash scene that investigators are focusing on. Investigators say Jason’s phone, which was found between the driver’s seat and center console, was on and had a signal, so they are still trying to figure out why it appears unused since the intersection at Magnolia Avenue.

Question, if the father did not find the cell phone until after the vehicle was towed, how do we confirm he had service at the wreck site? Any techies on here?

Last edited:
Question, if the father did not find the cell phone until after the vehicle was towed, how do we confirm he had service at the wreck site? Any techies on here?

I think I'm missing something here. Maybe if I understood why you're asking your question it might make more sense to me.

Are you talking about the 67 minute window LE is concentrating on? If so, when the phone was found by his dad is not what the start/stop of LE's window is about. The start of the window is when his digital footprint ends (Jason stops using his phone), the end of the 67 minute window is when the car was found crashed.

If that's not what you're questioning please elaborate. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici