Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

My niece had an aneurysm when she was 40. She was travelling down the highway, she managed to pull over at a closeby gasstation. But just before that she almost swirled of the road into a pond.

I get the question of her sister asking why she was there. Because her being there caused this tragedy.

But I dont think foul play is the cause. I think Erica on her own, sadly enough, just lost control over her car...

It is strange that she was in Pearland. But if she was really intoxicated she could have made a bunch of wrong turns I guess (looking at the map it seems possible), and if she was confused and agitated that she was lost she could have driven through the intersection and into the water. I think they’ll obviously investigate if she was in a Pearland to meet someone, but I can see this just being an unfortunate accident due to intoxication (or possibly a medical event).

It is strange that she was in Pearland. But if she was really intoxicated she could have made a bunch of wrong turns I guess (looking at the map it seems possible), and if she was confused and agitated that she was lost she could have driven through the intersection and into the water. I think they’ll obviously investigate if she was in a Pearland to meet someone, but I can see this just being an unfortunate accident due to intoxication (or possibly a medical event).

do we know for sure she was drinking that night ? I haven’t read it anywhere

No, it has not been shared that she was drinking or intoxicated.
Believe @happyday was stating intoxication or even a medical emergency could be possible reasons for her being in Pearland and it being an awful accident. IMO
Right. We haven’t heard anything about her drinking or anything else. I’m just thinking of something that could account for her spending 5 hours til late at night at her friend’s house and then going way off course on the way home and driving into a lake.
I should have stated that it was just speculation. It could have been some sort of medical event, but less likely IMO. I have no idea what happened here. It also could be foul play!

Right. We haven’t heard anything about her drinking or anything else. I’m just thinking of something that could account for her spending 5 hours til late at night at her friend’s house and then going way off course on the way home and driving into a lake.
I should have stated that it was just speculation. It could have been some sort of medical event, but less likely IMO. I have no idea what happened here. It also could be foul play!

I just ask because I thought the same thing but couldn’t find an answer either way anywhere

Erica Hernandez updates: Family wants answers after SUV is found | khou.com

May 12
The family of missing Houston mother Erica Hernandez gathered overnight at the Pearland pond where her SUV was found on Tuesday.

“I appreciate everybody. Every post. Every share. Every prayer. Every thought. Every kind word," her sister, Ashley said.

The woman's sister said the Pearland location is not a place they know, and the family has been trying to figure out why Erica would have been there.

“We found her car, but we still need to keep going,” Ashley Hernandez said. “There’s no reason for her to be over here. I think somebody had to have made her go in this direction for whatever reason.”

From all the information given I believe this is accurate.
I have literally drove past where her suv was found in the retention pond several times in the past few weeks. (we dine at he Luby’s, chic fil a, etc right around the corner). I am shocked. If she hit the curb and drove into the pond it would definitely be a freak accident. People do drive fast on these roads, but it’s a subdivision with lots of homes and I do believe the speed limit is 30 mph. I only go into this area with my husband due to the crime in the surrounding areas. IMO this was not on her route home and would seem “out of the way”. I wouldn’t be surprised if foul play ends up being the outcome. I just can’t see how the vehicle would have had the momentum to go off into the retention pond and her not be able to get out before it went under. Also I will say we’ve not had much rain prior to her going missing, so that may be the reason for there not being any tire tracks seen going into the retention pond.

Any members following Erica’s case speak Spanish?

I don’t know enough to follow what the Spanish speaking police officer is saying (towards end of video).
I’m curious to know his response when a reporter asked him about the 4am video that captured Erica.

I’m not sure if the translation for this video is still needed.

-The Hispanic police officer says that they have one video of Erica from the surveillance footage in that intersection.

-Journalist asks if the video shows anyone following her.

-Police officer says no, she was alone and no one was following her.

-Journalist asks what was she doing in that one surveillance video.

-Police officer says that she was just walking.

-Journalist asks just walking?

-Police officer says yes.

-Journalist asks why that video hasn’t been released to the public.

-Police officers says because it is an ongoing investigation.

-Journalist says that the family and community are desperate and looking for answers. He asks what HPD is currently doing with her case.

-Police officer says that the chief of police talks to the family every day and they are keeping them updated on everything. Right now, they have no leads and are investigating any possible scenarios that could lead them to Erica.

-Then the police officer makes one last plea to the public to come forward if they know anything about this case.

I’m not sure if the translation for this video is still needed.

-The Hispanic police officer says that they have one video of Erica from the surveillance footage in that intersection.

-Journalist asks if the video shows anyone following her.

-Police officer says no, she was alone and no one was following her.

-Journalist asks what was she doing in that one surveillance video.

-Police officer says that she was just walking.

-Journalist asks just walking?

-Police officer says yes.

-Journalist asks why that video hasn’t been released to the public.

-Police officers says because it is an ongoing investigation.

-Journalist says that the family and community are desperate and looking for answers. He asks what HPD is currently doing with her case.

-Police officer says that the chief of police talks to the family every day and they are keeping them updated on everything. Right now, they have no leads and are investigating any possible scenarios that could lead them to Erica.

-Then the police officer makes one last plea to the public to come forward if they know anything about this case.

Thank you for translating that for me.
I was curious about what the officers answer was (wanting to compare his answer to the officer who answered just mins before him but in English).
His answer was slightly different. He mentioned Erica was walking...But it appears the family has addressed that today by stating she wasn’t walking; she was seen in her car and not by Walgreens.
So I take that as the police officer innocently misspoke. (Unless there’s more videos??)

ETA: I posted the family addressing the ‘walking’ question w/ a link in a post above.

Let's Find Erica Hernandez

In a May 12 post asking about a video of Erica walking around a Walgreens, admins respond to clear up hearsay.
Admin: Not a video of her walking, a video of her in her car in the area, not from Walgreens. It was identified as her.
Admin: (response to why LE hasn’t shared video) investigation process

^ Erica was walking? There at that particular intersection?
So how is it that she went into that lake after jumping the curb at speed?

I quoted one of my previous posts where it was addressed that Erica was not walking.
IMO, either the police officer misspoke or meant something different.

I just heard the news. I'm so sad right now - I'm sobbing as I type this. Condolences to family & friends. I hope finding her at last brings some measure of comfort to her family. I truly wish the outcome was different & she would have been returned safely to her loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie
Back