Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Apr 22, 2021.

1. ChuckInHouston

ChuckInHouston Well-Known Member

The tips were not necessarily from a person, but rather cell, or OnStar data collected by the FBI. As for the rest, I think the texts are a little strange being that from where she left the friends house to her house is about a 15min, maybe 18min drive . The fried text her at 304A. Erica should have been home, even if she went north back to the loop and around to get home. So even if the friend was not paying attention to the time, she would have been near the pond where they found her, and still about 20 min from home when she replied stating she would be home in 5min. Or maybe she didn't thing it was the friends biz.

2. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Ugh, so sad to see this ending. I am a bit shocked that there's such a distance between the pond and the street/road. that is a long way to go, no? I do wonder if anyone saw the tire marks, or is it possible that there is none because it was a one time thing?
    Just thinking aloud. I am so sad to see this ending.

3. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

We know Erica was texting during her drive, and we know that texting and driving is very distracting. I think it is very likely that she was distracted, with limited visibility, very late at night when she might have been sleepy. I think it is most likely that this was a very terrible, tragic accident that happened to a dear person who was loved and will be mourned by the many who cared for her.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  4. Karennn7

Karennn7 Well-Known Member

Thank you !!! Work was slow lol

5. Karennn7

Karennn7 Well-Known Member

I thought they said it was the last place her cell phone pinged

6. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I’m seeing it as well, she had an extremely long and social day (those exhaust me personally) and late at night is so dark and if she had “partied” a little it could have added to some disorientation but more so poor reaction time.

I always find it fascinating when families call foul play when it’s not particularly evident- psychologically it’s almost easier because then you can blame someone and your anger can be justified. So freaking sad. I hope they’re able to determine exactly what happened so her family can have closure, and justice if it’s needed.
    RIP beautiful mama! You are loved and will be missed dearly :(

7. ChuckInHouston

The route she took is highly unlikely if your at all familiar with Houston, or that area in particular. I travel surface streets ever where most of them time. I would have taken 90 to Holmes, to Almeda, to Reed, but that's just me. I've often been accused of driving like a turtle. Does anyone know if she was familiar with her area? Being that there are reports of her being seen on or Near court rd and S Post Oak around 4am, she would had to have stopped somewhere or made a block a few times if she left her friends at 232am. I think as the crow flies, this was her most likely route, or something very close to it.

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I wonder if he might have accidentally referred to a video the public hasn't seen yet? Just speculating on possible reasons. Most likely he just mis-spoke.

9. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Who reported her missing? I’d think it would be her husband when she didn’t make it home?

10. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

The FBI has units that are set up to assist local law enforcement with aspects that need special expertise, like analyzing electronics or tracking cell phones. All the local LE have to do is request the help.

11. beandawgs

beandawgs Active Member

where is her home located ? I know she was coming from Benning Drive .... could she have gotten in Beltway wrong way ?

12. ChuckInHouston

This is about what her route should look like from friends house to pond. If she was spotted around 4am and she left friends at 232am she has about an hour and a half into a 15min drive.

Attached Files:

13. ChuckInHouston

rockford dr

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

That may be true but I haven’t read that anywhere, personally. I may have missed that.

15. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I speak Spanish and needed to hear for myself since translation can be tricky, he makes it VERY clear she was seen walking .. strange

16. beandawgs

beandawgs Active Member

I know the family is grieving....just wondering why they seem to want to attribute this to foul play ? As someone who has just experienced a terrible loss myself I would do much rather my loved one died by accident rather than by a criminal act ....

17. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I feel like we see this a lot on websleuths... one’s intense agony over missing a recently deceased loved one I think is sometimes easily or immediately translated into anger, so to have someone to blame (other than the victim) validates those feelings. I think that after processing grief and anger it is easier for people to settle into the idea of accident (or suicide) and have a better chance for some peace and closure. Human psychology is very complicated. Moo!

P.S I hope you have found some peace in the loss of your loved one :(

18. beandawgs

beandawgs Active Member

19. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

20. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Was she trying to avoid toll roads perhaps?