Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found any pictures of him wearing winter clothes? The warmest clothing I see is a flannel shirt. I wonder if he had a FB cleanup at some point deleting any blue jackets. Actually, he doesn't strike me as the type that would wear a coat on a sunny day in the 40-45 degree range. That makes me think he had been there some time as 6 am to 12 pm ranged from 23 -36 degrees. I think he was having one of his hangout days in nature in his favorite type of spot - woods by a creek and a bridge - when he spotted the girls and his impulses took over.

This is left field, but most likely he was drinking and maybe stuck his liquor bottle (maybe Jim Beam like the Nov 17th, 2019 FB post) in his pocket and that is part of the bulk? He is an alcoholic and his tolerance is probably quite high.

I was also thinking maybe he left some beer or shot bottles and that is physical evidence and DNA that can't be tied to the killer if nothing found on the girls, but surely LE would have run it through the database and checked out any matches. His phone would show pings in the location, right?

In Illinois, one does not go directly to prison; they are typically jailed first and whatever county jail they are in is where their clothing is. A family member (or whoever prisoner approves) then needs to pick up personal belongings within 10 days of transfer to prison or prison reception center.
They are released from prison in sweatpants and a white t-shirt (unless winter, then sweatshirt is provided).

Some states are different. If the inmate has no family, visitors, or anyone who cares, the clothing is left there for others to use if needed upon release. BUT the inmates personal property goes with him wherever he/she goes, or at least it did before I retired almost 13 years ago. It was never a hard and fast rule in Louisiana that the inmate was given sweat pants and t-shirt/sweatshirt.

Of course I had posted earlier that if it is DOC time, they are sent to a regional DOC facility for induction into the system. Louisiana may be different than Illinois.

MOO

Has anyone found any pictures of him wearing winter clothes? The warmest clothing I see is a flannel shirt. I wonder if he had a FB cleanup at some point deleting any blue jackets. Actually, he doesn't strike me as the type that would wear a coat on a sunny day in the 40-45 degree range. That makes me think he had been there some time as 6 am to 12 pm ranged from 23 -36 degrees. I think he was having one of his hangout days in nature in his favorite type of spot - woods by a creek and a bridge - when he spotted the girls and his impulses took over.

This is left field, but most likely he was drinking and maybe stuck his liquor bottle (maybe Jim Beam like the Nov 17th, 2019 FB post) in his pocket and that is part of the bulk? He is an alcoholic and his tolerance is probably quite high.

I was also thinking maybe he left some beer or shot bottles and that is physical evidence and DNA that can't be tied to the killer if nothing found on the girls, but surely LE would have run it through the database and checked out any matches. His phone would show pings in the location, right?
I can see the perp stashing a bottle under his jacket while he heads to a favorite drinking spot by the river, and then encounters prey.

I'm not tied to that idea, but I can see it. And I think it fits JBC.

I sure wish he knew if JBC was at work that day and, if so, what shift.

jmo

MOO, but if I'm going to go out and hunt down a person or 2 - I mean, go out and do something that I think has the potential to get messy - AND I already have a relatively limited wardrobe due to having spent recent time in prison/moving around from state to state - I mean, gaining/losing weight or just not having a prior need to hold on to sloppy clothes - I'd go out and get a cheap pair of pants and a cheap jacket, something that won't bother me if it gets dirty or ruined. If I live in a small town in a rural area (and I do), I go to the farm supply store or a secondhand store or WalMart and find the cheapest option that works for my needs.

I don't wear my everyday clothes.

MOO, but if I'm going to go out and hunt down a person or 2 - I mean, go out and do something that I think has the potential to get messy - AND I already have a relatively limited wardrobe due to having spent recent time in prison/moving around from state to state - I mean, gaining/losing weight or just not having a prior need to hold on to sloppy clothes - I'd go out and get a cheap pair of pants and a cheap jacket, something that won't bother me if it gets dirty or ruined. If I live in a small town in a rural area (and I do), I go to the farm supply store or a secondhand store or WalMart and find the cheapest option that works for my needs.

I always have to look stylish for the event at hand .I would be murdering someone in some nice gardening boots ( cleanable) . some nice leggings in case I have to run..and a vintage Slayer rock-t and some non latex rubber gloves...

I always have to look stylish for the event at hand .I would be murdering someone in some nice gardening boots ( cleanable) . some nice leggings in case I have to run..and a vintage Slayer rock-t and some non latex rubber gloves...
You would go as yourself in normal wear for you? Lol I bet you would look cute.

But that is if planned. If JBC is BG, I think it was spur of the moment.

While I realize that there would have been many footprints in and around the crime scene at Delphi, I wonder if they were able to "lift shoe prints".

I'm thinking footprints that came up from the creek in a path (likely zigzag) towards the crime scene as well. Possibly none of the searchers walked that exact path.

Also footprints from the perpetrator along with the girls' footprints from when they walked away from the end of the bridge.

I'd love to hear the opinion of this from @Trackergd when he has time. Thank you in advance!

ETA:
Weather in Delphi, Indiana Feb 13th and 14th 2017:
Weather in February 2017 in Delphi, Indiana, USA

Last edited:
When the two still frames below were released a few days apart early on, many ppl here speculated they didn’t look like the same person, although we know otherwise. The photo on the left appears to depict a far younger person than the person on the right.

View attachment 297058
3 years unsolved: A look back at the Delphi murder case
When I go back and look at those photos I think the same thing. In fact, the photo on the left reminds me of someone I knew in HS (he would be much older now). But both are lacking in sufficient detail in spite of all the work the experts put in.

When I first saw those I thought someone in their early to mid 30's. Then the first sketch came out and I thought, 'He could be older than I originally thought, maybe mid 30's to mid 40's'. By the time LE went in a 'new direction' and gave us the second sketch I was thrown for a loop. That second sketch looks like the killer could have been as young as 16-17. Another student also out of school that day? Then ISP Superintendent Carter says we should consider somewhere between the two as a possibility. That really messes with my estimates - he could be 17 and look older than his age or 45 and look younger than his age. Between the photos and the sketches I can't come up with anything other than 17-45. And THAT covers a huge range of possibilities. How LE came up with 18-40 has to be based on additional evidence or details from the 'witnesses' that only they know. I also wonder how much of that involves what I would call the 'fudge factor' that might be added by the prosecutor to avoid giving a potential argument to a defending attorney. ("Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, LE stated he was likely early 30's to late 30's and my client was 17 at the time.")

Last edited:
When the two still frames below were released a few days apart early on, many ppl here speculated they didn’t look like the same person, although we know otherwise. The photo on the left appears to depict a far younger person than the person on the right.
BBM. Interesting, and I was recently noticing that if you look at several stills from the footage, he can appear younger or older in some.

While I realize that there would have been many footprints in and around the crime scene at Delphi, I wonder if they were able to "lift shoe prints".

I'm thinking footprints that came up from the creek in a path (likely zigzag) towards the crime scene as well. Possibly none of the searchers walked that exact path.

Also footprints from the perpetrator along with the girls' footprints from when they walked away from the end of the bridge.

I'd love to hear the opinion of this from @Trackergd when he has time. Thank you in advance!

ETA:
Weather in Delphi, Indiana Feb 13th and 14th 2017:
Weather in February 2017 in Delphi, Indiana, USA

Speaking of footprints--

One thing that intrigued me when I was looking through JBC's Facebook photos was how many locals were making comments related to tire tracks. JBC posted more than once about getting new tires for various vehicles and the people commenting seemed to take it as a fact that LE had tire tracks from the girls' murder. But I don't remember anything about tire tracks in any of the information we've seen and I didn't find mention just doing a search.

Does anybody else remember anything?

also wonder how much of that involves what I would call the 'fudge factor' that might be added by the prosecutor to avoid giving a potential argument to a defending attorney. ("Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, LE stated he was likely early 30's to late 30's and my client was 17 at the time.")
That’s a good point to consider.

I'm staying out of this discussion because a) I'm fairly face blind and b) the Bridge Guy photos are too blurry for me to make out anything. The only reason I even think it's a face is that it's on top of a walking body :D

I think that video makes us all pretty much face blind, so you’re not really alone!

Speaking of footprints--

One thing that intrigued me when I was looking through JBC's Facebook photos was how many locals were making comments related to tire tracks. JBC posted more than once about getting new tires for various vehicles and the people commenting seemed to take it as a fact that LE had tire tracks from the girls' murder. But I don't remember anything about tire tracks in any of the information we've seen and I didn't find mention just doing a search.

Does anybody else remember anything?

I only remember the mention in one early article of footprints, not tire tracks. TL said in The Carroll County Comet Q &A says they still don't know how the killer left the area. If they had tire tracks, you'd think they'd know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member