TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
This is probably not related, but there was a murder last year in Virginia where a suspect who was in a military type gear with a distinctive gait, was caught on surveillance - VA - Scott Ratigan, 24, found murdered in apartment, Arlington, 17 January 2020

Similar debate if they were male/female, prosthetic leg/limp, weapon undisclosed, motive unknown.

If it was already discussed, please ignore!

Could the suspect drive a vehicle while wearing these leg gaitors?

We don't really know, what's on those legs. Could very well be that the cams are playing tricks on us and what looks like thin gaiters may be real or makeshift full size protective gear. I am just bringing out details of images not knowing what they really are.
I would say no matter what kind of gear/vest/packing the perp is wearing, they can always adjust by pushing back the driver's seat as needed while keeping some foot contact to the pedals.

ALL IMO

-Nin

I can't speak to the other cases you have tried to look up. But the UCR data for the MB case is clear, and there is no lack of clarity in matching her case. All the details fit precisely. And when we get to the means of killing, it tells us she was killed by handgun.
I still want to know WHO reported that to UCR. Because I find it highly unlikely that any of the law enforcement agencies involved would have revealed that. I want a source and no one can ever give a source besides “LE provides data”.

We don't really know, what's on those legs. Could very well be that the cams are playing tricks on us and what looks like thin gaiters may be real or makeshift full size protective gear. I am just bringing out details of images not knowing what they really are.
I would say no matter what kind of gear/vest/packing the perp is wearing, they can always adjust by pushing back the driver's seat as needed while keeping some foot contact to the pedals.

ALL IMO

-Nin
bbm
If I remember right, the driver seat of the Altima at SWFA seemed to be pushed back more than usual. Would make sense to me, if someone with already wearing half of his swat gear incl. shin guards would have needed space.

I just can't get it out of my head that this killer has gone the route of cosplay to hide their identity. Cosplay is something teenage/early 20's boys indulge in. If you know anything about the cosplay community, you know that participants go to great lengths to portray comic characters, video game characters, super heroes, and military personnel. I would imagine that the cosplay community has a variety of sources for their "costumes" and obtaining whatever they need to pull off a character could be located and purchased for the asking. I'm thinking this perp is male, between 16 to 23 and is deep into cosplay.

The gait. This perp walks like an outcast, sloppy teenager, not a woman or a grown man. He's the kind of guy whose walk and manner made him an object of bullying, because its so noticeable. He walks like a duck. He's pudgy beneath the bulk of his costume. He cannot connect with women. He may have even given up trying. The gait is also familiar to anyone knowledgeable about autism. Part of the diagnostic process of determining whether children have autism, is observing their gait. This person may be somewhere on the spectrum.

He's in costume, because he knows her and she knows him. I think he might be either a member of the congregation, or associated with a member...the son of a member. He knows where the cameras are. He's tech savvy. A gamer who understands electronics and knows where the cameras are, because he's been scoping out their location over a period of time. He holds that hammer like he's a character from a video game stalking targets, like its an extension of his costume - not as a grown man or a woman would. He pokes around the building the way a cop would not. He's playing cop.

Since law enforcement has left the perp's gender ID open, I assume she wasn't sexually assaulted - which might well fit in with the character of someone who is sexually immature and angry as hell about it. Stabbing is very personal. Hammering someone's brains out before or after a stabbing is nothing more than destruction. I believe he knew her, desired her, saw her online videos, was either not taken seriously or blown off by her as others had blown him off...or he simply wanted to make her pay for being the kind of woman he could never have. If, as it has been mentioned, he shot her...premeditated?

So, was he a killer, a burglar caught in the act who killed, or both? What do you think?
Cosplay SWAT costumes online. SWAT Team Costumes & Accessories - HalloweenCostumes.com

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've followed this case for years and I'm just popping in. I'd say I haven't really followed it so much THIS year. Is there any *new* information whatsoever? Her father-in-law still claiming an alibi and innocence I assume?

I just can't get it out of my head that this killer has gone the route of cosplay to hide their identity. Cosplay is something teenage/early 20's boys indulge in. If you know anything about the cosplay community, you know that participants go to great lengths to portray comic characters, video game characters, super heroes, and military personnel. I would imagine that the cosplay community has a variety of sources for their "costumes" and obtaining whatever they need to pull off a character could be located and purchased for the asking. I'm thinking this perp is male, between 16 to 23 and is deep into cosplay.

The gait. This perp walks like an outcast, sloppy teenager, not a woman or a grown man. He's the kind of guy whose walk and manner made him an object of bullying, because its so noticeable. He walks like a duck. He's pudgy beneath the bulk of his costume. He cannot connect with women. He may have even given up trying. The gait is also familiar to anyone knowledgeable about autism. Part of the diagnostic process of determining whether children have autism, is observing their gait. This person may be somewhere on the spectrum.

He's in costume, because he knows her and she knows him. I think he might be either a member of the congregation, or associated with a member...the son of a member. He knows where the cameras are. He's tech savvy. A gamer who understands electronics and knows where the cameras are, because he's been scoping out their location over a period of time. He holds that hammer like he's a character from a video game stalking targets, like its an extension of his costume - not as a grown man or a woman would. He pokes around the building the way a cop would not. He's playing cop.

Since law enforcement has left the perp's gender ID open, I assume she wasn't sexually assaulted - which might well fit in with the character of someone who is sexually immature and angry as hell about it. Stabbing is very personal. Hammering someone's brains out before or after a stabbing is nothing more than destruction. I believe he knew her, desired her, saw her online videos, was either not taken seriously or blown off by her as others had blown him off...or he simply wanted to make her pay for being the kind of woman he could never have. If, as it has been mentioned, he shot her...premeditated?

So, was he a killer, a burglar caught in the act who killed, or both? What do you think?
Cosplay SWAT costumes online. SWAT Team Costumes & Accessories - HalloweenCostumes.com

We had another member who insisted the Swat Perp was into cosplay. He found a prospective suspect and notified authorities.

Your theory is as good as anyone else's ideas. You're right in that he never lets go of that dang hammer. How terrorizing it must have been for Missy that fateful morning.

I hope she was shot in the back of the head and never knew someone had been waiting for her. But, I think the killer wanted her to know death was near. He may have found pleasure in her fear.

I still want to know WHO reported that to UCR. Because I find it highly unlikely that any of the law enforcement agencies involved would have revealed that. I want a source and no one can ever give a source besides “LE provides data”.
Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program — FBI

The source is the Midlothian Police Department. If you’re looking for an individual’s name, you’re not going to get it.

MPD, like all the other agencies who have decided to participate in UCR, have procedures in place by which the UCR is done. Most likely, a report is generated out of their computer system and sent where it needs to go. For them to not report on the manner of death in Missy’s case when that is something that is known, would be a violation of the integrity of a program they agreed they would participate in.

MPD did not have to be in the UCR program at all. But since they chose to, they’re either all in or they are all out. They can’t decide to withhold information about a particular case.

Last edited:

The FBI's UCR info came from a "law enforcement agency" because that's the way the UCR program works. Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program | Federal Bureau of Investigation So it came directly from MPD, since they were the LE agency in charge of the case.

Here is the list of the reports from Texas cities in 2016, the year of Missy's death. Texas We can see that Midlothian reported for that year.

Last edited:
The fatal wound was a gunshot.
The suspect was not carrying a knife, as far as we know. SP was carrying a hammer.
The plastic basket contained some small tools. It was picked up in room 10 and SP discarded it before the murder. Most of the items that were in it would not have been helpful in the attack. I can’t confirm this but there MIGHT have been a small screwdriver in the basket. But I do not know whether SP kept it (if it even existed).

Very interesting. So in my mind that makes it seem like perhaps they picked them up as tools that might help in a break in, rather than an attack. Something to pick locks with. This is definitely a point in the burglary column. On the other hand why wouldn't a sophisticated burglar have his own lock pick tools? A hammer to break glass, for entry yes, and then a gun? Makes me lean back to targeted, LOL.

I will say however if this was a burglary it was certainly not a typical "desperate addict robs church" burglary by any stretch of the imagination, I've never seen a drug addict be in the kind of shape mentally to be patient enough for the methodical approach that this was, let alone have this kind of gear or often not even a vehicle to have carried this out. A gun? I don't think so, unless they were a dealer, in which case they don't really need money. They probably would've pawned those things first. Fast easy money is the objective.

Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program — FBI

The source is the Midlothian Police Department. If you’re looking for an individual’s name, you’re not going to get it.

MPD, like all the other agencies who have decided to participate in UCR, have procedures in place by which the UCR is done. Most likely, a report is generated out of their computer system and sent where it needs to go. For them to not report on the manner of death in Missy’s case when that is something that is known, would be a violation of the integrity of a program they agreed they would participate in.

MPD did not have to be in the UCR program at all. But since they chose to, they’re either all in or they are all out. They can’t decide to withhold information about a particular case.

OKAY! The initial scuttlebutt was that a camper or campers claimed to have heard a gunshot....since the 911 calls were never made public, we do not know if anyone stated that in either of the 2 calls. I've always wondered if that information was given and if that is why the calls have been kept under wraps. If LE HAD that information at the outset, Titan, the sniffer dog should have been brought to the scene right away. If LE did NOT have that information until subsequent interviews with campers, I can see how there was no hurry to bring in the dog. Maybe there was no evidence of a gunshot until AFTER the autopsy. 5 years ago, a local who engaged in conversations here, repeatedly stated that the campers she talked to were terribly traumatized by the gruesome condition of Missy's body, such that they couldn't bring themselves to describe it in detail. The overkill may have served multiple purposes. To make sure she was dead, for the sheer sick pleasure of it, and to conceal the gunshot wound. IF a bullet was discovered at autopsy, it seems that it hasn't led to the discovery of the gun that it came from. Maybe it was fragmented, and relatively worthless as evidence, other than the fact that she was shot. In any case, it's about time for MPD to be up front about it. Release the 911 calls and the autopsy report. JMO

OKAY! The initial scuttlebutt was that a camper or campers claimed to have heard a gunshot....since the 911 calls were never made public, we do not know if anyone stated that in either of the 2 calls. I've always wondered if that information was given and if that is why the calls have been kept under wraps. If LE HAD that information at the outset, Titan, the sniffer dog should have been brought to the scene right away. If LE did NOT have that information until subsequent interviews with campers, I can see how there was no hurry to bring in the dog. Maybe there was no evidence of a gunshot until AFTER the autopsy. 5 years ago, a local who engaged in conversations here, repeatedly stated that the campers she talked to were terribly traumatized by the gruesome condition of Missy's body, such that they couldn't bring themselves to describe it in detail. The overkill may have served multiple purposes. To make sure she was dead, for the sheer sick pleasure of it, and to conceal the gunshot wound. IF a bullet was discovered at autopsy, it seems that it hasn't led to the discovery of the gun that it came from. Maybe it was fragmented, and relatively worthless as evidence, other than the fact that she was shot. In any case, it's about time for MPD to be up front about it. Release the 911 calls and the autopsy report. JMO
While we don’t have access to the 911 calls, we do have the dispatch report, which tells us what was discussed on the 911 calls:

Dropbox - 911 dispatch log.pdf - Simplify your life

Refer to the “Call Remarks” section. There were two 911 calls because there are two different dispatchers listed - “lward” and “rparrish”. The first call came into lward at 5:01 and was to report that Missy was unresponsive, not breathing, and that CPR was in progress. Then rparrish begins to note information provided by the RP.

The reporting party (RP) was the early bird camper who was the first to arrive. The RP stated the following:

Missy’s truck door was open.
RP didn’t see anyone else.
Missy’s vehicle was the only vehicle seen.
Missy arrives at 4 am every morning.
RP arrived at 4:30.
There is broken glass inside the church.
Interior door windows are broken in.

What we can conclude definitively is that no camper heard a shot, period. The killer was either already gone, or snuck away from the other side of the building without the RP being aware. The RP neither saw nor heard anything.

Regarding the gun, police do have some physical evidence and they do know what type of gun was used. If they recover a gun, they will be able to determine whether it is a match.

GS, thank you for posting the dispatch log. RParrish stated the ‘door was open when the RP arrived and her TRK door was open’. Do they mean the (Porte cochere) entry door was unlocked or was it propped open, do you know?

-Nin

GS, thank you for posting the dispatch log. RParrish stated the ‘door was open when the RP arrived and her TRK door was open’. Do they mean the (Porte cochere) entry door was unlocked or was it propped open, do you know?

-Nin
My guess is that RP was referring “after the fact” to the knowledge that the awning door was unlocked. He did not know it at the time he arrived but only became aware of it once another early bird arrived at 5 am and the five campers who were present then entered together.

What professional burglar on the planet is going to dress up in an outfit that screams "Look at me!"?

I'm a serious crime buff and you rarely find small town burglars in anything but a ski mask or the occasional clown mask, if they're smart enough to wear anything at all.

If this was a burglary, he sure went the distance to load himself down with a lot of cumbersome, half-assed SWAT gear. Imagine trying to climb out or in a window wearing all that goofy gear. Pro burglars rely on stealth and being able to run like mad if required. This guy has a gait problem from the getgo. Add a pile of Halloween gear and you have a little fish in a little pond trying to be a big fish in a big pond. He's playing a role and it ain't burglar.

SWAT guys can be thought of in a variety of ways. They're the last resort guys in during hostage situations or standoffs where the police are in some way neutralized. Hollywood SWAT guys often take on the persona of assassination teams. SWAT guys aren't beat cops, detectives or even FBI - they're elite search and destroy with the blessing of law enforcement. A few years back, locally, we had a SWAT team bulldoze an entire house down to flush a criminal from it's attic. SWAT guys are members of a team. They don't show up on scene, alone, in the family car. The entire scenario is ridiculous...and he doesn't know it. Its delusional. Its teenaged, not pro.

If you want to get caught, dress yourself up as a lone wolf SWAT guy and drive around small town USA with that getup on at 4 a.m. - in an SUV. Where's your armored troop carrier? Nowhere in this guy's world. This perp has a serious thinking disorder and delusions of grandeur. The outfit satisfies his role and his ego. No ski mask for him. This SWAT guy doesn't need a team around him - he IS the team. I can't help thinking he's a seriously disturbed, lonely teenager who decided to go on the hunt for something to soothe his mania. He became his own private hero. Cosplay gone mad.

This country is up to it's hip waders in guns. If she was shot, its because he did what millions of Americans do. He bought it. He stole it. He borrowed it. Who knows. I do know that most burglars are unarmed. They want to get in and out as fast as possible. They would also rather go to jail for 5 years for swiping a TV, then spend life in prison for shooting homeowners or ladies exercising in the gym. This perp wasn't there to pilfer the collection plate. He was there to kill someone. He wanders around the church poking around like he's waiting for a doctor's appointment. He's not burglarizing. He's waiting.

OK...so now, he's killed her. He runs to his car and proceeds to either undress or bolt in his costume. He's ripping through an awakening town with the danged SWAT outfit either on his body, in the trunk, or on the seat next to him. More ridiculous behavior. The behavior of someone who didn't think past his delusion, but somehow managed to carry out his mission despite that. He thinks like a reclusive, role playing teenager.

I hope law enforcement is scanning her online accounts for repeat activity from local ISPs. It takes lots of visits to build up a deadly desire.

I don't think he's a burglar.
What do you think?

Last edited:
What professional burglar on the planet is going to dress up in an outfit that screams "Look at me!"? I'm a serious crime buff and you rarely find small town burglars in anything but a ski mask or the occasional clown mask, if they're smart enough to wear anything at all.

If this was a burglary, he sure went the distance to load himself down with a lot of cumbersome, half-assed SWAT gear. Imagine trying to climb out or in a window wearing all that goofy gear. Pro burglars rely on stealth and being able to run like mad if required. This guy has a gait problem from the getgo. Add a pile of Halloween gear and you have a little fish in a little pond trying to be a big fish in a big pond. He's playing a role and it ain't burglar.

SWAT guys can be thought of in a variety of ways. They're the last resort guys in during hostage situations or standoffs where the police are in some way neutralized. Hollywood SWAT guys often take on the persona of assassination teams. SWAT guys aren't beat cops, detectives or even FBI - they're elite search and destroy with the blessing of law enforcement. A few years back, locally, we had a SWAT team bulldoze an entire house down to flush a criminal from it's attic. SWAT guys are members of a team. They don't show up on scene, alone, in the family car. The entire scenario is ridiculous...and he doesn't know it. Its delusional. Its teenage, not pro.

If you want to get caught, dress yourself up as a lone wolf SWAT guy and drive around small town USA with that getup on at 4 a.m. - in an SUV. This perp has a serious thinking disorder and delusions of grandeur. The outfit satisfies his role and his ego. No ski mask for him. This SWAT guy doesn't need a team around him - he IS the team. I can't help thinking he's a seriously disturbed, lonely teenager who decided to go on the hunt for something to soothe his mania. He became his own private hero. Cosplay gone mad.

This country is up to it's hip waders in guns. If she was shot, its because he did what millions of Americans do. He bought it. He stole it. He borrowed it. Who knows. I do know that most burglars are unarmed. They want to get in and out as fast as possible. They would also rather go to jail for 5 years for swiping a TV, then spend life in prison for shooting homeowners or ladies exercising in the gym. This perp wasn't there to pilfer the collection plate. He was there to kill someone. He wanders around the church poking around like he's waiting for a doctor's appointment. He's not burglarizing. He's waiting.

OK...so now, he's killed her. He runs to his car and proceeds to either undress or bolt in his costume. He's ripping through an awakening town with the danged SWAT outfit either on his body, in the trunk, or on the seat next to him. More ridiculous behavior. The behavior of someone who didn't think past his delusion, but somehow managed to carry out his mission despite that. He thinks like a reclusive, role playing teenager.

I hope law enforcement is scanning her online activity for repeat activity from local ISPs. It takes lots of visits to build up a deadly desire.

What do you think?

I fully agree with every word you have posted.
Excellent synopsis.

Responses inline below in bold.

What professional burglar on the planet is going to dress up in an outfit that screams "Look at me!"? Who said it was a “professional” burglar? This could have been the first time this person ever tried to burglarize a building. As for the outfit screaming “Look at me”, maybe the intent is for it to scream, “Hey look at me in my stereotypically male outfit, with everything so padded out that curves are not present... yep, nothin to see here except a man!” I'm a serious crime buff and you rarely find small town burglars in anything but a ski mask or the occasional clown mask, if they're smart enough to wear anything at all. First, “rarely” doesn’t really help us here. It rarely rains when the forecast is for a 10% chance. But those 10 times out of 100 when it rains anyway, the water is just as wet.

If this person (1) reconned the church to know that cameras were present, and (2) had the SWAT outfit readily available as something already in their closet or someone else’s in the house, then why not?

If this was a burglary, he sure went the distance to load himself down with a lot of cumbersome, half-assed SWAT gear. Is it really a lot? There’s the helmet and the vest. Two things easily removable if needed. The balaclava doesn’t slow you down. The rest - shirt, pants, boots - you would be wearing anyway. Maybe there are knee pads or shin guards, but that doesn’t slow you down much. Imagine trying to climb out or in a window wearing all that goofy gear. No evidence that SP climbed in or out any windows. Pro burglars rely on stealth and being able to run like mad if required. And if this were a burglary of a rural church at 4 am on a rainy Monday, do you think SP would have thought that running might be required? Is there anything on the video that implies that they’re worried about that? This guy has a gait problem from the getgo. That might not be the natural gait. It could be caused by the shoes not fitting. At any rate, from the video it seems as if SP can run if they need to. They’re certainly not crippled. They just walk duck-footed like a lot of people. Add a pile of Halloween gear and you have a little fish in a little pond trying to be a big fish in a big pond. He's playing a role and it ain't burglar. It’s believed that most of the gear is authentic except for probably the helmet being a paintball helmet. It is not “Halloween gear”.

SWAT guys can be thought of in a variety of ways. They're the last resort guys in during hostage situations or standoffs where the police are in some way neutralized. Hollywood SWAT guys often take on the persona of assassination teams. SWAT guys aren't beat cops, detectives or even FBI - they're elite search and destroy with the blessing of law enforcement. A few years back, locally, we had a SWAT team bulldoze an entire house down to flush a criminal from it's attic. SWAT guys are members of a team. They don't show up on scene, alone, in the family car. The entire scenario is ridiculous...and he doesn't know it. Its delusional. Its teenage, not pro. You are the one using the term “SWAT”. The proper term is “tactical officer.” Many cops are trained to be tactical if needed. Bobby Wayne Henry, former POI in this case, was a regular beat cop who had also had tactical officer training. He had a vest similar to SP. In smaller police departments, they can’t have a dedicated tactical team that might only get called into action once a year. So they cross-train beat cops, detectives etc to have those skills so that they can be called in when necessary.

If you want to get caught, dress yourself up as a lone wolf SWAT guy and drive around small town USA with that getup on at 4 a.m. - in an SUV. You don’t know that it was an SUV and you also don’t know that SP came to the church already dressed. Where's your armored troop carrier? Nowhere in this guy's world. This perp has a serious thinking disorder and delusions of grandeur. The outfit satisfies his role and his ego. No ski mask for him. This SWAT guy doesn't need a team around him - he IS the team. I can't help thinking he's a seriously disturbed, lonely teenager who decided to go on the hunt for something to soothe his mania. He became his own private hero. Cosplay gone mad. Can you come up with any other example of someone doing cosplay alone? People who do cosplay do it as a group activity, not solo. They gather with others. Seems like you are coming up with a theory of “cosplay planned murderer”. Talk about rare!

This country is up to it's hip waders in guns. If she was shot, its because he did what millions of Americans do. He bought it. He stole it. He borrowed it. Who knows. I do know that most burglars are unarmed. How do you know that most burglars are unarmed? They want to get in and out as fast as possible. Really? On a rainy Sunday night at a rural church with no overlooks next door or across the street, expecting no one for hours... what’s the rush? They would also rather go to jail for 5 years for swiping a TV, then spend life in prison for shooting homeowners or ladies exercising in the gym. Do you really think criminals give any thought to jail terms? And that if they’re messed up enough to break into a building, they would not take a “just in case” weapon with them? This perp wasn't there to pilfer the collection plate. He was there to kill someone. That is your theory. He wanders around the church poking around like he's waiting for a doctor's appointment. He's not burglarizing. He's waiting. You are assigning behavior to SP based upon a theory you already have. Poking around? Wandering? Let me turn this around for you. If SP is there to kill someone, why in the world are they not waiting near the entrance so that they can actually be in place to, you know, kill someone?

OK...so now, he's killed her. He runs to his car and proceeds to either undress or bolt in his costume. He's ripping through an awakening town with the danged SWAT outfit either on his body, in the trunk, or on the seat next to him. More ridiculous behavior. The behavior of someone who didn't think past his delusion, but somehow managed to carry out his mission despite that. He thinks like a reclusive, role playing teenager. This is basically a stereotype. You’re not alone in thinking it. People see someone dressed like that and the mind goes automatically to, “this is a male who is a loner, who is socially awkward, blah blah blah.” And that may be what SP is wanting you to think.

I hope law enforcement is scanning her online activity for repeat activity from local ISPs. It takes lots of visits to build up a deadly desire.

What do you think!
ETA: One final thing. What you are describing is someone with a compulsion to act out his fantasy. But people like that don’t stop after they do it once. They have to “get high” again. So why hasn’t our cosplaying, intentionally murdering psychopath repeated the act?

Last edited:
Think back on all the murders where teenagers were involved. They plot. They plan. They vomit their wrath and hatred into journals. They blab to their friends.
If they manage to murder a teacher, a parent, an old lady, whatever - the first dumbass thing they do is steal the victim's car. Let's go to Mexico! On the way, they stop off at a convenience store, purchase gas and Slurpees all the while wearing a bloody T-shirt. Even if they make it to Mexico, the Federales demand their passports if they're more than 12 miles in from the border. So, they're turned back into the waiting jaws of law enforcement. Teenagers have committed some of the most heinous outwardly idiotic crimes in history, and they get caught, because they're up to their eyeballs in hormones with no room for common sense.

From what I've seen and read elsewhere, this guy is being viewed as a real shrewd character. I think he's ridiculously deadly. The only thing NOT on the security footage is his plastic light sabre.

No DNA? A problem, but not an insurmountable one. DNA defines us as individuals biologically, but there's something else that leaves a calling card - our habits and behaviors. He eats, sleeps, lives somewhere, and probably isn't talented enough to whip up a mock SWAT getup using Mom's old sweats and a plastic garbage can. I doubt they have this costume at the local Dollar Store. It has to be purchased online using cash, a credit card, PayPal. Our DNA helix of behavioral patterns emerges in the form of internet searches, receipts, deliveries of goods. We can only hope a picture of this getup was on the outside of it's box when the Fedex guy delivered it - and he remembers who he delivered it to. If not, there's a painstaking online hunt through cosplay and costume suppliers.

The point is that young people bent on murder and malfeasance don't often think beyond the moment they commit the deed. They wing it. This guy thought a SWAT getup would give him an air of authority, a pass into the presence of someone he thought might be dumb enough to buy it and time to complete his mission. His fingerprint is the ridiculous nature of his plan, because it identifies him as a person who fits a type of personality - which narrows down possible suspects and opens up avenues of missteps in the thinking process one might expect from this point on. He's a profiler's fondest dream.

Responses inline below in bold.

ETA: One final thing. What you are describing is someone with a compulsion to act out his fantasy. But people like that don’t stop after they do it once. They have to “get high” again. So why hasn’t our cosplaying, intentionally murdering psychopath repeated the act?

Maybe, he's a first timer. Didn't it take Bundy and Dahmer years to enact their second murders? If he's young, maybe his satisfaction level is working itself out. Maybe, he's in the learning phase of committing a cleaner crime.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members