Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bins described already have 6 holes in the lid/lip to secure.

<snipped by me>

want to add that "scratching" sound might not be the best adjective? the only thing in my mind that lines up with scratching is animal.. scraping sounds maybe? grinding? drilling? scrubbing?
I would love to ask this neighbor a whole bunch of questions on what they heard.
MOO

I am almost certain by now LE have asked the questions we are thinking about.
I can’t imagine a witness would be able to say things in the media without LE being all over it. I bet they’d be ticked to learn about these folks first from The Sun. Hopefully all the folks talking to the press have been interviewed in this case.

Am I the only one that thinks TB looks completely different in still photos than on video? Maybe video allows her inside to show through, because she seems photogenic (even in a mug shot) but she gives me the creeps in the video of her. JMO

Am I the only one that thinks TB looks completely different in still photos than on video? Maybe video allows her inside to show through, because she seems photogenic (even in a mug shot) but she gives me the creeps in the video of her. JMO
you're right... I thought she was quite the looker til I saw her in video (watched the videos after Sam was found and she was arrested) her comportment, mannerisms, expressions and voice are all off-putting to me as well.
Felt like she was absolutely over-compensating as well, like liars do. Otherwise I can see her being extremely good at manipulating.
MOO

I wondered this too. If she had a ride as far as the motel, why not have the ride take her to her ultimate destination, since she had no vehicle and was on the run, with a deceased child’s body, no less?

Since TB was located at the hotel I’ve wondered which of her brain cells thought it was a good idea to hang out at a hotel indefinitely with remains that were three weeks old.
Maybe the friend said oh no, I’m not driving that far, or across state lines.

I would love to know what the man who drove TB to the motel actually knew. Did he know beforehand this was a dead body, meaning did TB call him and tell him why she had to get out of town, or did she just say she needed a ride? Did he figure it out when she opened the storage unit, because of the smell?
So many questions.
MOO/speculation
My hunch is he had things to do that day - he stayed at the motel room for awhile but was back on the road by 6am. Maybe he didn't have the time to bring her further, or perhaps she asked him to come back later.

jmo

My hunch is he had things to do that day - he stayed at the motel room for awhile but was back on the road by 6am. Maybe he didn't have the time to bring her further, or perhaps she asked him to come back later.

jmo
IMO she probably asked him to take her to Louisiana. I’m glad he didn’t. She may have been able to get away and stay away. He did the smart thing and called LE.

I would love to know what the man who drove TB to the motel actually knew. Did he know beforehand this was a dead body, meaning did TB call him and tell him why she had to get out of town, or did she just say she needed a ride? Did he figure it out when she opened the storage unit, because of the smell?
So many questions.
MOO/speculation

Of course it’s not currently known what this man was aware of by the time he drove TB to the hotel. And I may be eating my words in the upcoming days, but I’m deciding to believe he had no clue there was a body in that tote when he agreed to pick her up. And honestly, I base this speculation on the fact that I ‘need’ him NOT TO HAVE KNOWN.
Again, this is MERELY MY OPINION
I believe he figured the reason she called him to pick her up, go by the storage building, and drive her to a hotel hours away were connected to SO missing, probably more so once the tote was picked up.
Maybe he didn’t question her too much because he knew how she was/how she typically reacted to being questioned (again speculation).
I think once he carried the tote into that hotel room on top of having that long drive back home alone to do some thinking, is when he realized he had to call it in.

JMO...JMO...JMO

Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, discusses the death of 6-year-old Samuel Olson

June 7 (updated 2 hrs ago)

Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch, shared his thoughts regarding the death of 6-year-old Samuel Olson. His search team stepped in to help search for Olson before the child’s body was found in a Jasper motel on June 1.

“I told her, ‘I’m really disappointed in you. Everything you just told the world is a lie,”Miller told KPRC 2. “And there was absolutely no emotion in him, she just looked at me and she said yes sir.”

“The morning we start with search I actually force Theresa to do an interview (and) put out there what she knew,” he said.

However, what Balboa told investigators at the time, is not what court documents illustrate happen the days before the child was reported missing.

But one big question remains: Why did Samuel Olson die?

“I let that family know, no matter if Theresa comes out and says how and why it happened, there is never going to be an answer that is satisfying,” Miller said.

Not sure if it’s been posted yet, but Nancy Grace podcast has an interview with Tim Miller. <modsnip>

my phone won’t let me link the podcast! Hope someone can help for those that want to listen! Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the man who drove her to the motel came forward. I'm left wondering how she would have made it from the motel to Louisiana. Maybe she chose that motel because she knew someone in the area that she thought may have been willing to take her to Louisiana.?
I think she may have thought that her friend who drove her to the hotel, would agree to take her to Louisiana as well. But I think once he moved the bin inside from the truck, the smell must have greatly increased, after being in the hot sun all day on their drive.

I bet he decided to get out of dodge and made an excuse to leave. She may have thought he was going to return.

SEE IT: Suspect in 6-year-old Samuel Olson’s death in court after neighbor says they heard ‘really loud scratching noises’ coming from apartment [VIDEO]

Crime Online also published an article that included the neighbor’s interview about the scratching noises.

June 7
The woman accused of killing a 6-year-old Texas boy who was found dead last week appeared in court for a bond hearing Monday. And this weekend, a neighbor told a news outlet that she heard scratching noises coming from Balboa’s apartment the day after Samuel Olsen is believed to have died.

Question:
***Is this a typo?
•The neighbor (TS) was aware SO was missing on May 11? Surely that’s a typo.
(part BBM for focus)

TS, along with her fiancé and baby, moved into the apartment next door to Balboa on May 11.
Early the next morning, TS said they heard very loud scratching noises coming from Balboa’s apartment.
TS added that she was aware Samuel Olson was missing when she and her family moved in to the apartment.

No. I refuse to believe, even after all the things I've seen on WS, that a man smells a corpse, but then sticks around for a little action before reporting it. NOPE. Even if it happened, in my mind that did not happen. You're either the stick-around-for-the-action type, or the report-it type. You can't be both.

Or he needed her to think he'd return to drive her further without alerting her... slept a few hours and then bolted.... presumably to work and to call LE.

Call it what you like but it was the tip LE needed.

JMO

Not sure if it’s been posted yet, but Nancy Grace podcast has an interview with Tim Miller. <modsnip>

my phone won’t let me link the podcast! Hope someone can help for those that want to listen! Sorry!

Is this it?

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwjgwc2mzIbxAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

Joining Nancy Grace Today:

• Jason Campo - Chief Prosecutor, 107th District Court (Cameron County, Texas), 5 years in District Attorney's Office Family Violence Unit, Domestic Violence Task Force
  • Dr. Alan Blotcky PhD - Clinical Psychologist (Birmingham) specializing in Criminal, Child Custody and Forensic cases
  • Dr. Jeffrey M. Jentzen - Professor of Forensic Pathology and Director of Autopsy and Forensic Services at the University of Michigan Medical School, former Medical Examiner in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
  • Tom Ruskin - Private Investigator, President of the CMP Protective and Investigative Group, Inc., Former New York City Police Detective Investigator, cmp-group.com, @tomruskin
  • Sarina Fazan - Four-time Emmy Award-Winning TV Anchor & Reporter, Sarina Fazan Media, sarinafazan.media, Podcast: "On The Record with Sarina Fazan" @sarinafazannews, YouTube: Sarina Fazan TV,
  • Andy Kahan - Director of Victim Services and Advocacy at Crime Stoppers of Houston, crime-stoppers.org
  • Tim Miller - Founder, Texas Equusearch

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I refuse to believe, even after all the things I've seen on WS, that a man smells a corpse, but then sticks around for a little action before reporting it. NOPE. Even if it happened, in my mind that did not happen. You're either the stick-around-for-the-action type, or the report-it type. You can't be both.
My hunch is he didn't know about Samuel. The arrest affidavit says the officer had to ask TB where the boy was and when he pried open the lid of the tote, he recognized the smell. The officer didn't state the smell was noticable when entering the motel room. Perhaps the bag, duct tape, and tote concealed the smell.

I think the pick-up truck driver really thought he was helping TB get out of town after an "altercation." I'm guessing later that day he found out what TB was doing and then called LE.

I don't think he knew anything while he was actually with her.

Whether he knew or not, the facts are that he checked in motel room with TB at 3;30am, brought in the tote at 6am and then left.

jmo

My hunch is he didn't know about Samuel. The arrest affidavit says the officer had to ask TB where the boy was and when he pried open the lid of the tote, he recognized the smell. The officer didn't state the smell was noticable when entering the motel room. Perhaps the bag, duct tape, and tote concealed the smell.

I think the pick-up truck driver really thought he was helping TB get out of town after an "altercation." I'm guessing later that day he found out what TB was doing and then called LE.

I don't think he knew anything while he was actually with her.

Whether he knew or not, the facts are that he checked in motel room with TB at 3;30am, brought in the tote at 6am and then left.

jmo

I agree. Based on the LE statement that the smell wasn't apparent until the lid came off the bin, I think the friend probably called in the tip when he realized that TB was being sought. I admit that I want this guy to be the hero of this story, but I truly believe he would have reported it right away or refused to help at all if he had any idea what was going on.

Update from KTRK (ABC) News (6 pm CDT) - Houston, TX - 6/7/21

ABC News Legal Expert Steve Shellist comments within the video.

Snipped:

"They're going to learn what was his cause of death and then they're going to decide was it an accidental death? Was it a homicide?" said ABC News Legal Expert Steve Shellist.

Read more & view video:

Bond raised to $600K for woman charged in 5-year-old's death

I agree. Based on the LE statement that the smell wasn't apparent until the lid came off the bin, I think the friend probably called in the tip when he realized that TB was being sought. I admit that I want this guy to be the hero of this story, but I truly believe he would have reported it right away or refused to help at all if he had any idea what was going on.

In the affidavit, the Sgt smells the odor upon entering the room and confirms it once opening the tote.

The friend who drove her to Jasper also made mention of the smell.

Is this it?

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwjgwc2mzIbxAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

Joining Nancy Grace Today:

• Jason Campo - Chief Prosecutor, 107th District Court (Cameron County, Texas), 5 years in District Attorney's Office Family Violence Unit, Domestic Violence Task Force
  • Dr. Alan Blotcky PhD - Clinical Psychologist (Birmingham) specializing in Criminal, Child Custody and Forensic cases
  • Dr. Jeffrey M. Jentzen - Professor of Forensic Pathology and Director of Autopsy and Forensic Services at the University of Michigan Medical School, former Medical Examiner in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
  • Tom Ruskin - Private Investigator, President of the CMP Protective and Investigative Group, Inc., Former New York City Police Detective Investigator, cmp-group.com, @tomruskin
  • Sarina Fazan - Four-time Emmy Award-Winning TV Anchor & Reporter, Sarina Fazan Media, sarinafazan.media, Podcast: "On The Record with Sarina Fazan" @sarinafazannews, YouTube: Sarina Fazan TV,
  • Andy Kahan - Director of Victim Services and Advocacy at Crime Stoppers of Houston, crime-stoppers.org
  • Tim Miller - Founder, Texas Equusearch
Yes!! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members