TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could also be DNA from Cash found on DB or DB's clothing. Cash could have DNA under his fingernails, and also DB could have blood splatter on himself or his clothing. Evidence could have been found at DB's residence with little Cash's DNA. Prints could have been found on the murder weapon.

I'm just jumping off your post Katydid, I agree and respect your thoughts, especially having personal knowledge of mental illness by person known to you. What I don't understand is if a person doesn't know murder is wrong, how do they know to deny it? How do they know to sneak in a house when everyone is sleeping so they don't get caught, if they don't know what they are doing is wrong? Either way, prison or mental institution DB if found guilty should never be free to walk the streets again.

How horrible for little Cash. My heart breaks.
I don't think DNA from Cash on DB's clothing or even under Cash's fingernails, will prove murder, ---just kidnapping most likely.

But blood splatter on DB's clothing could, I agree. And prints on the murder weapon---possibly, but still a defense atty could try and say he just retrieved the weapon from the crime scene but didn't kill the child.

But I think the most definitive is body fluids from DB on the victim or blood platter on DB from the victim. :(:(

As to your question:
"What I don't understand is if a person doesn't know murder is wrong, how do they know to deny it? How do they know to sneak in a house when everyone is sleeping so they don't get caught, if they don't know what they are doing is wrong..."

Kind of hard to explain because severe mental illness is hard to explain logically. The thoughts are not rational. And psychotic episodes come and go.

But DB knew he had to sneak into the house because if anyone caught him they would stop him from doing what he desired to do. He knew everyone else thinks it is wrong---but he doesn't agree with everyone else.

Last edited:
He was most likely compelled to do alot of what all he did. It’s really not so much about wanting to. It’s easier to walk away if we collectively decide he just did what he wanted to do so we can thusly perpetuate loss and suffering.
I disagree. He was not 'compelled' to kidnap that little boy. Compel means to force or drive someone to do something. No one had a gun to DB's head. He was speaking to the voices in his head perhaps---but they do not force him to do anything that he isn't willing to do himself.

He wanted that boy. He was not forced into taking him. And accepting that does not perpetuate loss and suffering, in my opinion. It just helps us understand it better.

I am not going to give DB the power to claim he had no choice but to kidnap that child because he was 'compelled' to do so by some invisible force. I call BS on that.

Even if he ends up being diagnosed with mental illness, he still had a say in what he did or didn't do, in my opinion. He stood there and discussed the situation with himself, OUT LOUD, and decided to take the child. we heard it and saw it. It was a considered decision on his part. JMO

I disagree. He was not 'compelled' to kidnap that little boy. Compel means to force or drive someone to do something. No one had a gun to DB's head. He was speaking to the voices in his head perhaps---but they do not force him to do anything that he isn't willing to do himself.

He wanted that boy. He was not forced into taking him. And accepting that does not perpetuate loss and suffering, in my opinion. It just helps us understand it better.

I am not going to give DB the power to claim he had no choice but to kidnap that child because he was 'compelled' to do so by some invisible force. I call BS on that.

Even if he ends up being diagnosed with mental illness, he still had a say in what he did or didn't do, in my opinion. He stood there and discussed the situation with himself, OUT LOUD, and decided to take the child. we heard it and saw it. It was a considered decision on his part. JMO

To clarify, If DB was having a truly psychotic episode, like for example, he was watching Cash in bed asleep, and DB was saying to his voices 'OMG, it's my baby brother Leo, I thought he died years ago, I can't believe we found him' ...

so he snatches him up and runs outside and calls his mother and says , Mom, I found Leo, I can't believe it, I am bringing him home.."

And his mother screams' NO, you couldn't have found him honey, he is buried in the family plot, please don't tell me you have Leo...'

Confused and distraught. DB then kills the child because he believes he is an imposter possibly a devil or evil spirit of his dead brother...

OKAY, that ^^ is psychosis and he might be said to be compelled ands tricked by his mind to do a horrid thing...I would vote to put him in a mental hospital instead of a prison...

But that is not what DB was doing on that video. DB was taking the child because he wanted to and he knew what he was doing at the time. JMO

I don’t know the extent of DBs mental issues or how it will affect the ability to prosecute. But he clearly shouldn’t be on the streets.

I’m confused about the “innocent until proven guilty” discussion. This isn’t a court of law, it doesn’t apply here. The suspect has been arrested, that is what we talk about.

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong, I wasn’t fully in the DB guilty camp, I was only 80% in because I try to keep an open mind until murder charges are brought.

As far as what evidence they found for the murder charge, I really think it’s Cash’s blood on DBs clothes. It’d be the easiest.

On June 9, Dallas police said evidence submitted to the lab has been returned linking Brown to Cash at the time of his death. A motive for the crime has not been released.
Suspect charged with capital murder of 4-year-old Cash Gernon | wfaa.com

I look forward to seeing what specific evidence they have of this nature. Could be DNA he left on the body, could be blood or other DNA found on DB belonging to Cash.

I hope some of the wilder speculation dies a quiet death in this case now that these charges are laid.

just wanted to bring this forward. Haven't read the news yet today but as of yesterday I was SPECULATING that the only thing that could link him specifically to Cash's murder would be DNA , probably blood evidence - either Cash's blood on him or his belongings, his fingerprints on the bloody knife, or his own blood on Cash's body. It isn't uncommon for perpetrators who stab their victim to accidently cut themselves in the process. Any other DNA could be explained away as transferred during the abduction, so I am thinking it is blood evidence. Only time will tell if I am right. There won't be a link offered for the quoted post about it being confirmed DNA because it is simply my own speculation at this point.

I don’t know the extent of DBs mental issues or how it will affect the ability to prosecute. But he clearly shouldn’t be on the streets.

I’m confused about the “innocent until proven guilty” discussion. This isn’t a court of law, it doesn’t apply here. The suspect has been arrested, that is what we talk about.

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong, I wasn’t fully in the DB guilty camp, I was only 80% in because I try to keep an open mind until murder charges are brought.

As far as what evidence they found for the murder charge, I really think it’s Cash’s blood on DBs clothes. It’d be the easiest.

My argument for "innocent until proven guilty" is based on the fact that, yes, the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming, but there are irregularities that cannot be overlooked. I am still not comfortable with the fact that Ms. Sherrod went for The Daily Mail as a medium through which to tell her story. This doesn't mean I think she or her family are guilty, it just gives me pause and makes me step back a little.

Is DB innocent? No, I don't think he is, but there is more at play in this person's mind than we know of at this time and we are already speculating that a sexual crime took place. We don't know. We can say "oh, that's a hint about the lab results", but we simply do not know and extrapolating from "linking DB to Cash Gernon at the time of his death" to everything else that is being discussed... I don't know. We don't really know what has happened aside from DB took Cash and the evidence seems to clearly indicate he murdered him.

just wanted to bring this forward. Haven't read the news yet today but as of yesterday I was SPECULATING that the only thing that could link him specifically to Cash's murder would be DNA , probably blood evidence - either Cash's blood on him or his belongings, his fingerprints on the bloody knife, or his own blood on Cash's body. It isn't uncommon for perpetrators who stab their victim to accidently cut themselves in the process. Any other DNA could be explained away as transferred during the abduction, so I am thinking it is blood evidence. Only time will tell if I am right. There won't be a link offered for the quoted post about it being confirmed DNA because it is simply my own speculation at this point.
Evidence could also be the knife found in the house matches the wounds that killed Cash, blood on the knife matches Cash, fingerprints on the knife match DB.

jmo

I know three diagnosed schizophrenics and not one of them have murdered anyone. They are at more harm to themselves, than others.

We all know that being a schizophrenic doesn't make one a murderer, or necessarily violent, but there are not only many types of schizophrenics (and related diagnoses), but there is a subset that does have a link to aggression and violence. Count me among those frustrated by the desire to paper over reality with the good hearted attempt to limit stigma.

DB may have a constellation of disorders, he may not have schizophrenia, per se, at all. But there is no doubt he has abnormal thinking and behaviors, and they were not properly addressed because the risk of his offending was not rated high enough,

I still can’t shake the thought that DB did not commit this crime alone. I will be extremely surprised if nobody else was involved. It’s interesting to me that neighbors have come forward with security cam footage of DB peeking thru fences, testing car door handles, breaking surveillance cameras etc. but nobody has come forward with footage of him carrying cash from the home and dropping him 8 blocks away in the middle of the street!?

I seem to be the only one that thinks drugs play a big part in this. Money owed, drugs owed etc. I do believe SOMEONE else is involved in some way. I'm not sure yet about DM and the entire role he played in this travesty.

The wording of ‘evidence linked to DB at Cash’s death’ is quite specific. I don’t think I have read it stated that way in other cases before. I’ve heard lab evidence has linked a suspect, but never at time of death. Would it have to be something like blood splatter on DB shirt or the weapon matching the wounds was found at his home. Semen on a body cannot prove it was there at time of death. Neither can blood transfer. It has to be something very specific. moo
Also, if the DNA was semen from DB, wouldn’t there be a separate charge for the sexual assault?

I still can’t shake the thought that DB did not commit this crime alone. I will be extremely surprised if nobody else was involved. It’s interesting to me that neighbors have come forward with security cam footage of DB peeking thru fences, testing car door handles, breaking surveillance cameras etc. but nobody has come forward with footage of him carrying cash from the home and dropping him 8 blocks away in the middle of the street!?
We don't know there isn't video from other houses in the neighborhood. Plenty of cases have evidence that is kept under wraps until LE releases it. Not everyone runs to the media with what they know or have in an investigation.

jmo

I posted screenshots here zooming in on the suspect, showing the Adidas logo. I think they were removed, not sure why.

My guess is you posted pics, but didn't include a MSM link to where you got the pics. Hence those posts being removed. Also, when that happens you will get that 'Reason' from the Mod (as an Alert) as to why a post was removed. Lastly, found this on another thread from SillyBilly (Mod):

All images require a link to the source. Members can't just grab images off the internet without crediting the source. It's not only a WS rule, it's copyright law.

Snipped for focus.

Look closely... It's not DB in the first part of the video. Multiple differences between the two. I tried to post comparisons. Watch all of the DM videos.

What are these multiple differences you talk about? Different clothes, perhaps? If so, maybe he changed out of the bloodied clothes so he wasn't walking around with blood on him when he went back to get Carter.

The person in the abduction videos has DB's FACIAL features, DB's body type, DB's hair length, DB's shoes, DB's modus operandi (previously tried to take a sleeping 2 yr old girl from her home).

Now police have forensic evidence showing DB was present at Cash's death.

For DB to be "set up," it would have to be a very intricate frame job with multiple people in on it.
I understand the insanity defense. I even understood the "maybe that video is from a different day" defense until the forensic evidence linked him to Cash's death. But I really don't understand the "it's not DB in the video" defense.

Why is it so hard to believe that is DB on video?

I keep thinking it's because both MS and Cash's dad rub people the wrong way for various reasons. Being "victim-friendly" and not being allowed to talk about any shortcomings of the people who were supposed to protect a child can be frustrating. But their shortcomings are not what killed Cash — the person who came in and abducted him did that.

Police regularly manage to solve child murders where they don't have video of the suspect abducting a child. But in this case, there is actual VIDEO of the perpetrator taking the child. And now forensic evidence linking DB to Cash's death.

Pics from here:
Video reveals moment Cash Gernon is snatched from his bed by Darriynn Brown | Daily Mail Online

Attachments

• cashabductor.jpg
    cashabductor.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
I get some people thinking that just the word of the members of the S household saying the man in the video is DM isn't enough for them to believe it is DM. I get that. But that is not what is happening here in this case. His charges are not the result of two people who the general public doesn't care for saying "that's the guy"

This idea that experienced LEOs and investigators trained in technology and video forensics haven't watched the video of the abduction, cleaned it up to remove more of the graininess, and ALSO feel confident that the abductor is indeed DM, quite literally confounds me.

A frame job would have to include not only the people who first gave police DM's name, but would thereafter have to include police officers, investigators, states attorneys/prosecutors, etc. ALL of whom have presumably seen the video (probably a much better quality one than the one we public have) and have moved forward with laying the charges they have.

o_O

Also, it's not like the people at the Town Hall event weren't all brought back to DPD headquarters to view the footage with LE under oath.

It’s more the equivalent of people identifying someone in a police lineup or a photo array. They’re not in court; they don’t need to be under oath. Just a matter of “yeah, that looks like the guy I’ve seen around the neighborhood.” Of course these are also the people who are not just identifying a random guy, but someone with whom they have personally interacted. They know him personally and we don’t. IMO that gives them credibility.

I've been to town-hall type meetings with LE and crimes were discussed. I live in a very fiesty and vocal neighborhood (hello to my fellow NYCer on this thread!) and LE does make appearances and make statements, as do local politicians, at those meetings....along with a line-up of residents ready to air greivances. This meeting in Cash's neighborhood does not stand out as a problem.

Shout out to you, @Inthedetails! I agree 100% and have also attended my fair share of these meetings. I love that Coney Island is your avatar. I'll be driving through it later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname