TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

I know one I hope catches charges because I will never be convinced that individual didn't know darn well what happened to Hailey and who was responsible. Self interest was always the main priority. JMO

in completely unrelated news :rolleyes: Hailey's mother was interviewed about the arrest.
---------------------------------
Although she was surprised to hear the news from another source besides law enforcement, Dunn says Adkins being the one arrested was not a surprise to her.

“I’m not really shocked at the news that it was Shawn,” Dunn said. “Of course you would’ve hoped it wasn’t him because I stayed with him after she left, after Hailey went missing, but I’m not surprised, and I thank God that that person has been apprehended and is going to pay for what he did here on Earth.”
Hailey Dunn’s mother says she’s ‘so elated and so relieved’ arrest was made in daughter’s murder | KTAB - BigCountryHomepage.com

“Everyone will learn this moving forward: Clint’s intuition… was the driving force in this case,” the investigator, Erica Morse, told the Abilene Reporter News.

“And he is a template for every parent who wants to find justice for their child.”

[snip]

Her mother, Billie Jean, was arrested months later and charged with lying to police about Adkins’ whereabouts. She pleaded guilty to a probation violation tied to a previous arrest and got an extra year of probation.

[snip]

Clint Dunn was suspicious of Adkins from the start and hired Morse to dig into what he believed were clues: the couple redecorating their home after the teen disappeared, a witchcraft book they owned, and a purple rug with a pentagram, KTAB reported.

“I’m 99 percent sure someone killed Hailey at this house,” Clint told the TV station then. “And I’m pretty sure it’s Shawn.”
Mom’s Ex-Boyfriend Arrested in 2010 Murder of Texas Teen Hailey Dunn

E37slsxVIAIE2he

KAMC News@KAMCNews
This is our first look at Shawn Adkins' jail booking photo. He was arrested for the murder of Hailey Dunn. https://trib.al/btQRvAg

This is my first time hearing that Hailey was found on land owned by Shawns' family. Did we already know this? LE knew this and still did not arrest him? WTH!!?
<snipped>
Nearly three years later, Hailey's remains were found in Scurry County in March of 2013, near Lake J.B. Thomas. That's just 25 miles north from where she first went missing and on land owned by the Adkins family.

ITA, here's your sign smdh. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back