Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok I know that criminal investigations are never as they seem on tv, but come on, they've got to be more than THIS! Just one guy searching that whole thing?? It just looks like casually looking for stuff! Same when it came to the field searches, like people just casually poking around out there. Idk maybe the US is just more intense or something bc I've seen whole backyards and areaas dug up, to not even find anything before. Like ground penetrating radar! Isn't that a thing? I hope we hear of more technology being used to help find her.

Ok I know that criminal investigations are never as they seem on tv, but come on, they've got to be more than THIS! Just one guy searching that whole thing?? It just looks like casually looking for stuff! Same when it came to the field searches, like people just casually poking around out there. Idk maybe the US is just more intense or something bc I've seen whole backyards and areaas dug up, to not even find anything before. Like ground penetrating radar! Isn't that a thing? I hope we hear of more technology being used to help find her.

They spent weeks looking for Bernie with whole teams of police searching. The areas where she possibly could be are vast.

That timeline is fantastic, really tells the story! And really leaves me confused at why Sarah W is not on trial for conspiracy to murder, given the social media activity while BW is definitely still alive; it seems odd, to say the least, for anyone to be nosing around in someone else's accounts if they believe that person will have access to the accounts to notice the intrusion later. Much less odd if the person responsible knows the account owner is not going to ever find out. Also the speed of actions performed after the 9 minute phone call suggest prior knowledge of the murder; who could just send a text 10 seconds later if they weren't expecting such news?

Although, to perhaps answer my own question: there were a lot of people in that house, I assume including teenagers who'd be tech-savvy, so I guess there's no way to prove who actually accessed BW's accounts. Of course it seems very obvious who it was, but perhaps it's not strong enough evidence to justify the higher charge; the PCOJ charge is backed up by the phone movements after BW's (likely time of) death, but there's nothing other than the timings and our assumptions to confirm the social media actions were by SaW. Which is really really frustrating, I wish the charge had been offered anyway, let the jury decide if it's sufficient or not.

I'm still a bit confused by Uldale Way.

From the Peterborough Telegraph 17th June:

[Early hours of Sunday 19th] At 3.08am, eight steps were recorded on Scott’s phone, and the phone was connected to a cell site in Gunthorpe for almost two hours and 20 minutes, from 3.06am until 5.23am. [so 2 mins after the car stops, he walks a short distance from the car]

Ms Wilding said GPS data put Scott’s phone in the vicinity of Ulldale Way for that period - and he returned to the lock up garage at 5.37am

"...what we do say is it may have been a time when Scott Walker was able to dispose of the body.”

Looking from the air and Google street view, that's a residential area of houses and gardens. A body could only be disposed of there if he had access to a property in that vacinity. I can't find any reference to one. So why was he there at all? Sleeping in the car? 8 steps for a pee?

I'm still a bit confused by Uldale Way.

From the Peterborough Telegraph 17th June:

[Early hours of Sunday 19th] At 3.08am, eight steps were recorded on Scott’s phone, and the phone was connected to a cell site in Gunthorpe for almost two hours and 20 minutes, from 3.06am until 5.23am. [so 2 mins after the car stops, he walks a short distance from the car]

Ms Wilding said GPS data put Scott’s phone in the vicinity of Ulldale Way for that period - and he returned to the lock up garage at 5.37am

"...what we do say is it may have been a time when Scott Walker was able to dispose of the body.”

Looking from the air and Google street view, that's a residential area of houses and gardens. A body could only be disposed of there if he had access to a property in that vacinity. I can't find any reference to one. So why was he there at all? Sleeping in the car? 8 steps for a pee?

Could he have hidden his mobile somewhere whilst he went somewhere else?

Per this link: Pictures show police searching new area in teen murder inquiry

It appears they were "Searching the fields off Barrier Bank in Cowbit, and a dive team was also seen around the River Welland.

Dramatic pictures taken yesterday (September 30) show police searching river contents near a pumping station in Pode Hole" didn't know if anyone had that on the map for where they've searched

that’s more local knowledge of the area. The fens have pumping stations to prevent flooding, it does mean that there are certain hotspots where stuff that’s entered the water (welland, coronation canal) tend to show up. Pode hole and pinchbeck are pretty grim for dead birds etc washing up. For nene you would look towards Stanground.

however, and I think we need to accept this, it’s going to be near impossible to find someone. Look on google earth at all the dykes, ditches, coppices, hedgerows and farm paths. The area is vast, boggy and ever changing. Some of those places would have flooded half a dozen times since this happened.

I was going to point this out too. Skaters way is a loop road full of grass verges and alleys/bike paths. Skaters Avenue is a residential street and not one you would expect someone doing that route to be on.

Can you post a map of Skaters Ave as i cant find one, ive never heard of one and i have lived here for 30 odd years. I know where Skaters way is. Thanks

The Crown Court
at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 18 June 2021
FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
- sitting at 11:00 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
T20207197 WALKER Scott
T1729420 WALKER Sarah

Status