AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also are not admissible in court, because they are not always reliable. Gary Ridgway passed two polygraphs during his career as the Green river Killer, and more recently Shane Carey failed one, he was innocent. MOO

Personally, I would never take one, so I wouldn't blame anyone else for not taking one.

LE hasn't confirmed that the father has taken one, anyway. There was a young lady here, Katelynn Markham, whose boyfriend went on Nancy Grace and said he passed a polygraph, and LE said he'd never even taken one. So I'm going to go back to my stance that unless LE says it I'm not considering it confirmed.

Hell of a storm rolling through. Sideways wind, rain, thunder and lightning. I sure hope they got a lead with those late night searches Saturday because I fear this will remove a lot of clues in the woods. I’m a bit ways out but still think this storm will hit them.

I don't believe LE would allow the parents to search at this time.

Maybe it shouldn't matter what strangers are saying about you online, but I'm sure it is hurtful.
Well thankfully, it's not happening here.
Unfortunately, maybe elsewhere ?

My point is that if your baby is missing any social media posts or comments would fall by the wayside, as you'd be too busy trying to help LE find your child.
Anything superfluous would not matter.
Again the focus should be finding Summer and nothing else.
Imo.

Personally, I would never take one, so I wouldn't blame anyone else for not taking one.

LE hasn't confirmed that the father has taken one, anyway. There was a young lady here, Katelynn Markham, whose boyfriend went on Nancy Grace and said he passed a polygraph, and LE said he'd never even taken one. So I'm going to go back to my stance that unless LE says it I'm not considering it confirmed.
bbm
Agreed.
Hoping for another update soon or a big break in this case.
My hopes that Summer could somehow be alive are dwindling.

Been here for years and years- at this point, there are some cases I know I cannot even look at. If you didn't care, this wouldn't bother you, so give yourself some grace. It's so difficult when the victim is a child.

You can say that again. It's 10 years this year since I joined. Baby Lisa brought me to WS. I actually had to take a break, on advice from my doctor. I've got a thick skin and can handle a lot, and yes it wasn't long after my husband had died but I really had to take that break. I threw myself in deep, but it was Abby & Libby that tipped me over. I was a bit of a mess, physially twitching and all sorts. Self care is so important

ROGERSVILLE – It's been almost one week since 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared from her Hawkins County home, and despite an exhaustive search and investigation, rescuers have yet to find any concrete clues to her whereabouts.

Wells said he believes she may have been taken by human traffickers who became aware of her on social media.

On Monday, Summer's father, Donald Wells, told the Times News he has thought his daughter was taken from the area from day one.

During his conversation with the Times News, Wells, who is a drywaller, also said he went back to work Monday.

He described his experience going back to church for the first time Saturday since Summer was taken, and he also stated that his wife has been very upset by the way she has been portrayed in social media posts. Wells said his bride, Candus Wells, has monitored social media looking for clues.

Police say Summer walked away from her home the evening of June 15 around 6:30 p.m.

Summer Wells' father believes she may have been taken by human traffickers
Why would she be monitoring social media?? I thought L.E. would be monitoring social media. Imo, that doesn't make sense. MOO

I wish LE would mention abandoned wells on peoples property, she could have gotten lost in the woods and fallen into one. Hopefully residents know to check those out on their property. Everyday that passes is not good for this poor little girl.

“Afraid for my children,” Summer Wells’ mother states in dismissed order of protection against child’s father

According to police reports, Donald Wells was arrested on October 14, 2020.

Deputies spoke with Candus Bly who said Donald Wells came home drunk and saw a man in the house. According to the police report, Wells started to argue with the man and had a “struggle” with Bly. According to reports, Bly was pushed down during the incident causing damage to her knee.

Deputies took Wells into custody and booked him into the Hawkins County Jail.

One day after the incident, Candus Bly filed for an Order of Protection against Donald Wells.

In the order of protection, Bly stated that Wells, “drinks and throws things.” She went on to state she was, “afraid of being hurt” and claimed Wells was abusive mentally and physically.

“I am afraid for my children and myself,” Bly wrote in the order of protection. “My mother fears he is going to hurt her.”

Four days later, on the date of Donald Wells’ hearing, Bly asked for a dismissal of the order of protection.

Summer will have been missing a whole week tomorrow :( sadly the odds of finding her alive are almost minimal now. That poor little girl, I don’t even know what to think anymore. My opinion and theory is changing by the hour, the latest presser however makes abduction less likely. The whole situation is absolutely heartbreaking.

Why would she be monitoring social media?? I thought L.E. would be monitoring social media. Imo, that doesn't make sense. MOO
If I were in her shoes I would be doing everything I could to find answers, the family can't physically search so they are limited in what they can do. Being online is probably where I would be at this point too. You know she feels guilty because it happened under her watch, she's probably the one that is looking into the human trafficking aspect of missing children and talking to her husband about it. jmo

This ! ^^^
If LE would just say something to the effect of : We believe Summer was taken by vehicle on this day...
Or, Please be on the lookout for human traffickers ...
Or, We know Summer was last seen by ____ and it was on this day ___....
Nothing.
We know none of this as LE haven't clarified it.
Still waiting.
Imo.
I followed the Gannon Stauch case from the very beginning when he was still a missing child...iirc, they never confirmed or denied anything, but they sure did parse their words carefully...

“Afraid for my children,” Summer Wells’ mother states in dismissed order of protection against child’s father

Deputies spoke with Candus Bly who said Donald Wells came home drunk and saw a man in the house. According to the police report, Wells started to argue with the man and had a “struggle” with Bly. According to reports, Bly was pushed down during the incident causing damage to her knee.

One day after the incident, Candus Bly filed for an Order of Protection against Donald Wells.

In the order of protection, Bly stated that Wells, “drinks and throws things.” She went on to state she was, “afraid of being hurt” and claimed Wells was abusive mentally and physically.

“I am afraid for my children and myself,” Bly wrote in the order of protection. “My mother fears he is going to hurt her.”

Four days later, on the date of Donald Wells’ hearing, Bly asked for a dismissal of the order of protection.
Well... that's quite unfortunate :(

MOO
I believe it is so hard to say how one may react, what they may or may not do in a time like this. Just a possibility, but I know she is injured and may feel like no help physically and finds it hard to sit around doing nothing? I would assume LE is not requesting her to do this, they are likely monitoring it themselves. Also, LE, may not be letting the parents or anyone else help. I'm not sure, but I'm also not surprised she is looking around on social media herself.

On a separate note, I will sometimes get 'feelings' and such about cases and the people involved, but I try to remember that what I would think someone may or may not do is only on my own limited scope and experience. I do see my tendency to see/believe mostly the good in people though and have been shocked a few times in my time on WS.

:(:(:(
These revelations are getting more concerning by the minute. Has it been confirmed dad was at work when summer first was discovered to be missing?

Maybe unspoken on LE's part: "Where she could have been hidden."

I thought it was interesting that he said to residents please check your property for places where a child could hide. Do they think Summer ran away and might have hidden somewhere? Was she in trouble or scolded before she disappeared? Why else would they think she might have hidden?

Totally agree. I wouldn't take one if ya paid me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member