AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do still find DW believable though. IMO the reason he went straight to abduction is it is the only scenario at that point that let him still hold out hope that she is alive. He knows those woods and knew all the family, police and dogs searching found nothing.
Abduction yes but Sex Trafficking seems a bit of a stretch for me.

YES! I go barefoot as often as I can but there's no way I'm leaving shoes behind on a hike through these mountains. Maybe on a four wheeler path or a heavily traveled game trail but not through the untouched parts of the woods. You simply wouldn't get far, I don't care how tough your feet are.

LE said search teams have covered (something like a one to two mile radius). I can't imagine her traveling that far with bare feet. Even if she had shoes on, she was wearing shorts. And, as you mentioned, the undergrowth is no picnic. It will grab a hold of your skin with every step.

Good to hear a familiar perspective on the terrain!

And the snakes! Oh my it's the right time of year! Sheesh so many negatives to make anyone say she didn't run into those woods, not with her bare feet... ugh, no way, unless she was scared of something or someone!
In the Shenandoah Mountains here, these woods aren't for playing barefoot once you're beyond the beaten path, just like there.

I am just throwing this out here...but we can infer from appeals for trail camera videos that there are trails in these woods where people walk them.
Interesting idea. I wonder if there are any trails there? I know there is a 15 mile trail that goes from Laurel Run Park to Bays Mountain and I never would have thought there was a usable trail there.
We use trail cams in our neighborhood to keep track of all the wild critters.

MOO
What I think, DW kept asking "Are you sure she went inside?
Moms response, "Yes I'm sure, I watched her walk into the house or I watched her go inside!"

The 2 minute thing, I think we all can agree on was said maybe bc she felt it hadn't been THAT long, when in actuality, it could have been WAY longer....
But IF she did go in that soon to look for Summer, did she hear something that spooked her to make her check on Summer?

I'm not sure how long it could've possibly taken for them to plant those 3 cactuses, or whatever they are. Especially if Summer was out there for part of the time. She may have actually been done. I'm curious how Summer supposedly essentially went into the house, down to the basement, and directly out the back door, and mom, grandma, and dogs didn't notice her out there.

I'm not sure how long it could've possibly taken for them to plant those 3 cactuses, or whatever they are. Especially if Summer was out there for part of the time. She may have actually been done. I'm curious how Summer supposedly essentially went into the house, down to the basement, and directly out the back door, and mom, grandma, and dogs didn't notice her out there.
how long can someone sit on their phone or be on the internet before they look and realize that an hour or so has passed and they hadn't been paying attention ... I bet it happens a lot more often than not

I was talking with my geologist spawn tonight to get his input on the topography of the area.

“Hmm. I bet there are a lot of intentionally hidden caverns that were used for moonshine in that area.” I looked it up and yes there are many. A lot on public land have been discovered via sonar and exist as tourist attractions but many likely exist on private properties and are unknown to even homeowners. Makes me wonder if the Wells kids could have found one.

Interesting idea. I wonder if there are any trails there? I know there is a 15 mile trail that goes from Laurel Run Park to Bays Mountain and I never would have thought there was a usable trail there.
:) and I thought trail cameras were for hunting.

I know of some local hunters who move trail cams around on their property to check out the game. LE may not expect to find anything useful on trailcams, but if Summer was lost and moving around, they might see something.

Dad SAID he has taken and passed a poly. If mom took one yesterday, that seems like it’s a week late IMO. I don’t expect LE to confirm or deny the results, as I think they are just using it as an investigation tool. Now why mom separately from dad? I think that makes a lot of sense. I’m assuming some sort of interrogation happened yesterday. Surely, they both had been interrogated prior but it could be new info they came across and needed to question about. I think it’s very common, if not mandatory, to separate people for questioning.
I agree. I hope LE asks the grandmother to take a lie detector test as well. Maybe she has and we do not know.

What stands out to me from your story is that you were right there watching her...

I know Dad says that Summer knows the dangers of the woods surrounding them, and she wouldn’t wander off, but children are curious by nature.

We live in a very rural area on several acres, and we constantly warn the grands about this very thing, BUT just the other day my 4 yr. old grand was visiting and we went to check the tomatoes in our garden. In the blink of an eye, that little toot was heading towards a creek that she loves to wade in with our lab in tow (thank goodness). I ran and caught up with her and scolded her about going there without an adult, and she just looked at me and said “but Gigi, Lucky (our old lab) is with me and he’s an adult!” I about died laughing, but had to scold her nonetheless.

I said all this to say, it does happen, even when we think our children wouldn’t do this alone. I pray Summer is found safe every day!!

Kristen Quon WCYB got to see a first hand look at the Wells’ residence today, the location Summer was reportedly last seen.

SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Some new photos I took while visiting with Donald Wells today. He says this is the back door that Summer left on Tuesday evening.
The succulents are flowers that Summer was planting with her mother and grandmother that night.
Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible information that can help investigators.

207095534_217363163542095_7253156690178540014_n.jpg

205454445_217363213542090_6648480555901337604_n.jpg

I'm still coming back to these plants. Again I will say I don't know plants but they look like cactus's. Also, it looks like "A WEED" is growing not to mention the dead leaves in that square plant, edges of the planters don't look dirty with dirt. No dirt outside of the planters. etc etc etc. I'm just wondering if that is actually what happened.

As the search for 5-year-old Summer Wells continues, members of the community continue to hold on to hope.

One of those people is Summer’s Sabbath Day teacher, [RL].

“All I can do is pray,” says [RL]. “She’s just a happy little girl and she’s got a ton of energy.”

[...]

“It’s a constant reminder to us that this family, they have so little, but they give so much,” says [RL].

In addition to the necklace, [RL] is holding on to other gift that Summer made for her, along with some photos.

[...]

“I just want my baby home,” says [Summer's father, DW]. “I want her home so I can take her to the church that she loves.”

Video at link: 'All I can do is pray.' Summer Wells Sabbath Day teacher speaks to News 5

I'm going to say some things here that aren't very PC. I prefer not to be raked over the coals for it so retract the claws, please. I would also prefer to avoid a time out so, hopefully, I word this in such a way that I stay between the lines.

My only purpose is to explain why I think DW automatically believed Summer was taken. This is only my opinion, which is based on a certain level of understanding regarding some pockets of culture in the area. None of this should be read to mean all people in this area think this way or, that those who do are "bad". Because they absolutely are not. I'm simply imagining a scenario which could provide a possible explanation for DWs beliefs surrounding abduction.

Everything I am about to say is based on DWs statements to the MSM, as well as information provided by MSM.

Shew.

Here goes...

IMHO, why DW immediately believed Summer was abducted and possibly sold to human traffickers...

#1 - DW mentioned during an interview that Summer was in the yard/driveway(?) once when a neighbor pulled into the driveway. Summer's response was to run to the house. DW stated he did not see that for himself, he was told that by the neighbor. So, in his mind, Summer listened to all of his warnings about wild animals and "druggies" who could hurt her if she left the "hill". In his mind, she ran to the house, so she understood the danger. Therefore, he did not believe she would not leave on her own.

Okay. That was the easy one. Here goes the rest...

#2 - Let's just be real. In certain areas/pockets of areas, a level of prejudice/fear still exists regarding other demographics. Some of it may be warranted (due to their own personal life experiences). Some of it is complete speculation based on ignorance. However, those prejudices exist nonetheless. The Oct 2020 DV report named a male visitor who was present in the home at the time of DWs arrival. <modsnip> DW literally found that man in the residence that day. DW said that man was invited there by CW while DW was out of town. DW had to wonder how many other times that man had been there. Or, how many other men were invited in. Wouldn't you? IMO, to wonder those things is a pretty normal, human response. Wouldn't it also be normal to continue to wonder, especially when you are away from the home working (as DW phrased it) "alot", who might be coming around your children?

Then, 6...ish months later, his daughter is gone.

Yeah. I can absolutely see how his mind immediately went to "that guy" -or- "one of those guys" took her. <modsnip> his mind immediately jumped to that as the one and only reality. In his mind, his worst fears came true.

And, based on his own statements, he is now desperately trying to be a good Christian man. So, I can imagine him struggling with the anger stemming from those thoughts and trying to forgive CW for allowing "outsiders" into their home and around their children.

All the while, attempting to maintain his status as head of the family. The Man. The provider. Go to work. Pay the bills. Try to finish repairing the house. Take care of the three boys, the wife, the mother-in-law. Try to be strong, to set an example for his sons. Protect his wife from the MSM and vicious trolls on SM. Openly face the attacks on his character, his parenting, his home and his past mistakes. And, most importantly, privately grieve for his missing daughter. Oh, and we can't forget... beat himself up for not being there to protect her.

Yeah. I can imagine that scenario. I can put myself in his shoes. And honestly, it is nowhere I would ever want to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
If dad was at work and Mom and Grandma didn't see anything/anyone, how much help would they be in identifying who may have come onto their property that day?

I thought LE showing photos of possible suspects was only really useful if someone actually saw the person committing the crime and could identify them not by name but at least by a photo?
Perhaps the police are showing them potential suspects to see if they recognize them as an acquaintance from anywhere. Just a thought.

Honestly, my gut says that LE may question whether or not the timeline of that night is close to being accurate. With the inconsistencies (if what we hear is accurate) they might have reason to suspect the events took place either differently or earlier. They are obviously suspicious.

my own opinion only
Was Summer even at the house or property that evening? Perhaps they went on a day trip and something happened. MOO

Heartbreaking to see they are still searching for Summer. Personally I don’t think either parent is in any way involved, as a matter of fact and as a parent I have a lot of respect for the dad-he is getting out there doing exactly what a parent should do, he continues to face the media even though he knows his past is being scrutinized, he has 3 boys to keep up with and a wife that is probably wracked with guilt and pain, in need of much support, all while desperately searching for his little girl- the amount of stress he is under must be overwhelming.
MOO I think someone that new the family (like one of the boys friends relatives or
some other acquaintance) was lurking on the property that day waiting for the right time to lure her away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member