SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this reward offer is somewhat useless. I guess it could generate information of a certain sort…someone overheard something or someone knows who was involved. But what good is a reward when there is practically no information released on the particulars of the case?

I mean, those of us who come here everyday with a real interest in the case, have practically nothing to work with. We have no idea how the victims spent their day, when they arrived at the lodge, who exactly was saying there, what cars they drive…

What if someone saw a suspicious incident with someone who resembled PM or MM in Islandon or Columbia…they might not even bother to report it…thinking… no…they were all at Moselle.

I think this reward offer is somewhat useless. I guess it could generate information of a certain sort…someone overheard something or someone knows who was involved. But what good is a reward when there is practically no information released on the particulars of the case?

I mean, those of us who come here everyday with a real interest in the case, have practically nothing to work with. We have no idea how the victims spent their day, when they arrived at the lodge, who exactly was saying there, what cars they drive…

What if someone saw a suspicious incident with someone who resembled PM or MM in Islandon or Columbia…they might not even bother to report it…thinking… no…they were all at Moselle.

BBM

Many cases have been solved by someone overhearing something at a bar or social setting.

Loose lips sink ships.

But how did anyone know where these people were?

I grew up in a small rural town so I get knowing people's business, but we were spread out enough that we wouldn't necessarily know where people were staying or their comings and goings.

I am thinking that would depend on the target:

A- Was the target a specific member of the family? - or-
B- Was the animosity deep enough that the family as a whole was being targeted?

In the case of scenario "B", the assailant(s) may of had a pre disposition to harm any adult they came into contact with (though they may have preferred some adults in particular).

This pre disposition would then make targeting easier. For example, they know in general terms that the lodge is in use by the family. The property also makes an attractive venue for the crime due to its seclusion and acreage.

The perpetrators then take an educated guess (maybe they have seen a car associated with a prime target in the area. They enter the property- and well, attack whom ever is there.

The chances of a "B" motive could be increased as evidently several family members were involved in the lawsuit machine. Likewise, though only one family member was involved in the boating death, several could have been involved in later disputes or the possible shielding of the driver from prosecution.

Either scenario could lead to the perception by the perpetrator that the family as a whole had harmed him and thus could be retaliated against as a whole.

Last edited:
The rumors that swirl around this family create a very unpleasant and negative picture…but at the moment, they are just….rumors.

We don’t know if they had anything to do with Steven Smith’s death or even if that death is a homicide.

We don’t know what actually happened to the maid, or even how she died.

As for the boating accident, it seems from the depositions that all the young people in the boat were drunk. It seems from that same source…unfortunately…a bit unclear whose hand was actually on the wheel at that fatal moment of collision.

Maybe there was obstruction of justice or maybe…this was just a family of extremely talented lawyers who knew every LEGAL trick in the book to protect their own…and used them.

In any event, AM is experiencing about the worst any individual can endure.

His beloved wife and son have been brutally murdered.
His beloved Father has died.
He is facing a civil suit for the boat crash.
There is a grand jury investigating whether obstruction of justice took place during that investigation. His surviving son is also being sued in the boat crash…and
A new investigation has been opened in the Smith case, which could mean more scrutiny for that young man but at the least, more gossip.
I am really starting to wonder if mom and dad were paying attention, really paying attention to what their boys were up to. From what we know about PM now and his drinking habits, why would his dad let him take a boat out at night. What else were they not paying attention to?

I am really starting to wonder if mom and dad were paying attention, really paying attention to what their boys were up to. From what we know about PM now and his drinking habits, why would his dad let him take a boat out at night. What else were they not paying attention to?

That could be true but many parents say “kids will be kids” and even supply the liquor etc. The parents know and look the other way. I have seen that first hand. Confront those parents and they really are not concerned. It is sad.

I think you are right. Most of the time things work out. But in this case, It's possible dad wasn't paying close enough attention and now look where he stands. We don't know the outcome here yet but there is a chance that poor choices by PM and possibly lack of a doting dad could have blown up the whole family.

June 7th monday, was PM in school that day? Should he have been at Moselle? And not at his apartment?

Final Exams were May 28 - July 31st <depending on schedule>

University of South Carolina

The fact that his apartment was disturbed leads me to think he had been staying there lately, but had perhaps headed to Moselle after finals or when Grandpa took a turn for the worse.

JMO

ETA: Link

Based on the autopsy information regarding the young man Stephen Smith I would suggest that the injuries reported were defensive in nature. It is my thought/opinion that the young man was walking down the left side of the road (against traffic), became alert to an imminent threat approaching, and raised his left arm to protect his head from the impending threat (baseball bat or something else). Significant impact from a vehicle at speed from a person(s) on the passenger side (bat or tool) would cause the reported devastating injuries to the left hand/arm shoulder and above the right eye. Makes me think of young kids that like to target mailboxes for fun late at night...I know from experience having replaced many mailboxes. May justice be served for the young man and his family.

FYI: The video I posted the other day with Ashley Banfield is supposed to contain some new interesting tidbits of info. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but read some comments about the new info. I'll try to do a synopsis later when I can sit down, but def give it a watch, if there's anyone around here who has some free time. It's this one:

FYI: The video I posted the other day with Ashley Banfield is supposed to contain some new interesting tidbits of info. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but read some comments about the new info. I'll try to do a synopsis later when I can sit down, but def give it a watch, if there's anyone around here who has some free time. It's this one:
From the Banfield Video:
SLED Chief Mark Keel "This is a complex case"
Search Warrant served on PM college apartment
Dive teams searched a river 2 1/2 miles from the Murdaugh property
Members of 2019 Boating incident, Murdaugh and Beach families have given DNA samples.
Steven Smith mother contacted by SLED about motive re Murdaugh murders. Tips came in after her son SS murder about PM and BM being involved. <not verified>
Source says there were few if any cameras at the lodge.
GJ convened to check into possible 'obstruction of justice' charges against Murdaugh family members' in boating accident.
Shell casings were found at scene
Candice Delong on why there isn't being much information released "they found something, they know something and are on the trail".
DNA tested at college apartment against any if found at scene or vehicle.

This is the breakdown of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member