Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Suzanne indeed had a role in that wedding, and that the Zoom began well in advance of the actual "walk down the aisle" moment. Therefore, I think the friend tried to call Suzanne, and when she couldn't reach her, she called one of the daughters and, perhaps, Barry. So the daughters would have panicked, knowing that their mother would not miss this event.

Was Barry not answering his phone during this period? Did his texts not read as "delivered"? (If he turned his phone off or was in a remote area, they would not be marked delivered.

We still do not know if the daughters ever arrived at Puma Path that day. Did dad warn them off somehow? Were they that late. (i.e., after 10 pm?)

I wonder if the initial plan was for the daughters (and Barry) to attend the wedding as well?

It's on Lauren Scharf's youtube channel. Part One of her interview with Jeff P.

That's why. I keep saying "according to JP." He may or. may not be a reliable witness and I don't think he flat out says he saw Barry with his own eyes. He appears to have talked to the spa store owners. I think.

The spa store owners themselves, if this is true, are likely mentioned in the AA and one may be slated as a witness, esp. if it is true that Barry always paid in cash.
Actually, it sounds like JP is telling LS that he did lay eyes on BM at JP’s workplace (DSI) around “ lunchtime or 1:00-2:00” getting the bucket fixed on his bobcat. Then he says that weeks later the owner of the Spa and Stove store told him that BM was in there buying some things “ Saturday evening.. 4:00 or 5:00 or 6:00”.

At 28:00

If you set the playback speed to 0.75x it’s easier to understand. JMO

That's why. I keep saying "according to JP." He may or. may not be a reliable witness and I don't think he flat out says he saw Barry with his own eyes. He appears to have talked to the spa store owners. I think.

The spa store owners themselves, if this is true, are likely mentioned in the AA and one may be slated as a witness, esp. if it is true that Barry always paid in cash.
Thank you, I've not yet watched LS's interview with JP.

I think the point you made at the end is a very good one. Barry seems to be a "Cash" type of guy. It will be very interesting to see if BM generally paid for all of his purchases (large or small) in cash or with credit.

#FollowTheMoney

Just a question, are we sure BM bought chlorine that Saturday?
Has this ever been documented?
Sorry, if this has already been linked earlier......I'm trying really hard to catch up:)

In his interview with Lauren Scharf, Jeff Puckett stated that BLM was at Salida Stove and Spa the afternoon of Saturday, May 9th buying cleaning supplies/chlorine. Jeff Puckett said he’d also confirmed with the spa store owners that BLM was there that Saturday afternoon.

Hot Tubs, Fireplaces, Swim Spas and Grills Are Our Specialty!

JMO

Last edited:
I believe Suzanne indeed had a role in that wedding, and that the Zoom began well in advance of the actual "walk down the aisle" moment. Therefore, I think the friend tried to call Suzanne, and when she couldn't reach her, she called one of the daughters and, perhaps, Barry. So the daughters would have panicked, knowing that their mother would not miss this event.

Was Barry not answering his phone during this period? Did his texts not read as "delivered"? (If he turned his phone off or was in a remote area, they would not be marked delivered.

We still do not know if the daughters ever arrived at Puma Path that day. Did dad warn them off somehow? Were they that late. (i.e., after 10 pm?)

I wonder if the initial plan was for the daughters (and Barry) to attend the wedding as well?

If the bride was the daughter of Suzanne's best friend I am sure the girls would have grown up with her and have an interest in the wedding too. Guests would also be people they knew .So did they watch it virtually?

I agree that if the conversation ended suddenly and after repeated attempts to contact her, then I am sure the daughters and Barry would have been contacted. The friend must have worried that Suzanne could have been taken ill .

It’s funny how much I’ve forgotten since this all began. Listening to that, I’m convinced that this friend is the explanation for law enforcement’s response here.

I’ve been all over the place with what may have guided their hand, but this seems to be the most solid explanation. I think concern quickly grew to panic, and this friend reached out to law enforcement sooner than we might think.

That’s why you immediately seal off a house, and quickly call in CBI and the FBI.

Think of all the cases we’ve followed where the circumstances aren’t very clear. Those houses had people living in them for days (Stauch, Berreth).

Barry left the home that morning, and he wasn’t able to set foot in it until after the search warrant was executed.

That’s incredibly telling.
<modsnip>

Hats off to LE for locking it down immediately. I'm not sure BM believed anyone would challenge his "theories".

BM thought he could fast talk and impress them into believing what he had to say. IMO he never thought this would garner as much attention as it has.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it sounds like JP is telling LS that he did lay eyes on BM at JP’s workplace (DSI) around “ lunchtime or 1:00-2:00” getting the bucket fixed on his bobcat. Then he says that weeks later the owner of the Spa and Stove store told him that BM was in there buying some things “ Saturday evening.. 4:00 or 5:00 or 6:00”.

At 28:00

If you set the playback speed to 0.75x it’s easier to understand. JMO
I've always wondered whether the 'bobcat misunderstanding' is actually more about timing rather than what Barry had done to the bobcat. Maybe LE confronted him with the story of SM abruptly ending communication with her friend at 12:30 on Saturday, and he told them he was in town getting the bobcat repaired at that time. But his phone data showed him at home? Or something like that.

His actual quote to LS was "It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat..." So maybe the bobcat isn't involved because it was used to hide her body, but because he tried to use the repair job that JP talks about as another alibi once LE started focusing in on Saturday.

Or maybe both, if he killed her during that 11-1 window and then immediately went to get mechanical work done on the bobcat, he might have had later plans for it.

Yeah, and that seems to fit with MG’s account. She said that he decided to finish early, and cut her loose around 11.

So Barry goes home, murders Suzanne, then appears to have gone shopping (she said he was in town all day). I imagine this is when he purchased chlorine, and began assembling his alibi.

My thought is that the window of time BM disposed of SM's remains was between the time the noise was heard at the construction site and until 4am when he called MG to discuss the job. My guess is that the event happened on Saturday and he disposed of her under cover of darkness on Saturday night. He scrambled together the job alibis and called MG at 4am to tell her to get the crew together, then he either headed home or straight to Salida. On another note BM could have fairly easily impersonated SM on the phone by reading her other texts, and copying (verbally or copy and pasting) and adapting them to the conversation.

My thought is that the window of time BM disposed of SM's remains was between the time the noise was heard at the construction site and until 4am when he called MG to discuss the job. My guess is that the event happened on Saturday and he disposed of her under cover of darkness on Saturday night. He scrambled together the job alibis and called MG at 4am to tell her to get the crew together, then he either headed home or straight to Salida. On another note BM could have fairly easily impersonated SM on the phone by reading her other texts, and copying (verbally or copy and pasting) and adapting them to the conversation.
I think that’s possible, but I’m bothered by Barry leaving for the Broomfield job as early as he did. There has to be a nefarious reason for that, and I believe that reason was to dispose of a Suzanne’s body.

That just makes the most sense to me.

I think that’s possible, but I’m bothered by Barry leaving for the Broomfield job as early as he did. There has to be a nefarious reason for that, and I believe that reason was to dispose of a Suzanne’s body.

That just makes the most sense to me.

That theory makes a lot of sense as the drive time (3 hours) more closely matches the timeframe AM suggested that BM had for disposing of the remains.

And if SM had finally texted Melinda on Friday about her marriage, imagine what the best friend knew and for how long.

I've always wondered whether the 'bobcat misunderstanding' is actually more about timing rather than what Barry had done to the bobcat. Maybe LE confronted him with the story of SM abruptly ending communication with her friend at 12:30 on Saturday, and he told them he was in town getting the bobcat repaired at that time. But his phone data showed him at home? Or something like that.

His actual quote to LS was "It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat..." So maybe the bobcat isn't involved because it was used to hide her body, but because he tried to use the repair job that JP talks about as another alibi once LE started focusing in on Saturday.

Or maybe both, if he killed her during that 11-1 window and then immediately went to get mechanical work done on the bobcat, he might have had later plans for it.

Great insight. I think you are spot-on.

BM, like most liars, no doubt had a helluva time keeping his stories straight. I think we are going to see some epic inconsistencies from his 3 - 30 hour interviews.

I wonder if BM adopted his cash only policy while feeding on true crime - to leave less of a criminal footprint.
I wonder how long this has been his mode of payment.
Wondering if the 129 pages include previous uncovered crimes which will shock the daughters, hence the sealed affidavit.

I think JP is reliable. He knew how long Barry worked on his bobcat at JP's company DMI, and he knew Barry bought chlorine at Stove and Spa and the approximate time he bought it. JP seems to have done a bit of investigative work of his own. He should be a member at WS. Another star witness at the trial.

More than likely Barry did pay for everything in cash. Well, at least the stuff he wanted to hide from the world. He failed. A lot.

If the bride was the daughter of Suzanne's best friend I am sure the girls would have grown up with her and have an interest in the wedding too. Guests would also be people they knew .So did they watch it virtually?

I agree that if the conversation ended suddenly and after repeated attempts to contact her, then I am sure the daughters and Barry would have been contacted. The friend must have worried that Suzanne could have been taken ill .
Yes, apparently the friend tried relentlessly to get in touch with Suzanne, and never heard back from Barry either. I think that's why she would have contacted LE as soon as she heard Suzanne was missing. I've always wondered if Suzanne confided in her about some of their problems during that conversation, and Barry knew about it. I think the activity on Suzanne's FB that night had something to do with his snooping around and reading or maybe deleting messages. Imo

That theory makes a lot of sense as the drive time (3 hours) more closely matches the timeframe AM suggested that BM had for disposing of the remains.
Yes, I still think Barry hid the body in a remote location between Salida and Broomfield. I don't think it's under a tree he planted, on his property, or at the beach jobsite. I don't think he ever moved it, either. Imo

Late night thoughts. I’m wondering if Suzanne’s best friend didn’t call LE on Sunday after the wedding. If SM was to have a part doing a reading, her BFF knows SM wouldn’t just skip taking part virtually in the important wedding. She had to have known SMs secrets, no way she didn’t. They've described each other as sisters on social media. She was also the one who did the 50th birthday video LS shared. If she called LE just out of concern, I’m sure LE kept a record of that call. Maybe that’s why Spezze locked the house down that very night. He also had forewarned the VFFs they could not be involved in the search and rescue efforts immediately. I thought that was strange too. Spezze was on to BM the very first night. EBM added link to video BFF made for SM which was shared by LS on twitter
At the end of this video, notice the TICK TOCK sound at the very end. She knew!

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1389289094191198210?s=21
Night everyone, :) MOO

Last edited:
I had the idea way back in the beginning, that the texting with the BFF was very important to the timeline and important overall. I had the thought that when the communication abruptly stopped, the BFF, knowing Suzanne's situation, was on the phone to LE very quickly when she found out Suzanne had gone missing.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members