Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court done for today. Witness will return in the morning to continue direct.

After jury was let out it sounded like maybe one of the jurors sent a note to the judge and the judge asked them to stay behind. Sounded like they worked at the same security place with Patterson. Judge and defense asked the person questions. Sounded like it’s ok…well defense said for now. Couldn’t hear the other person talking.

They have a sharp stop at 5:00 everyday, but tomorrow will stay until 5:15.

Last edited:
She got search warrants for MR, Dylan and his friend RN phone records.

Didn’t need to for Elaine, Cory, and Mike as they gave their phones voluntarily.
She got search warrants, because unlike Elaine, Mike and Corey, MR refused to voluntarily hand over his cell.
That in itself never looks good.

Last edited:
Who was on the stand and was asked if some LE came over and was poking around the ground with sticks? He asked the question to be refrased---defense didn't refrase it, only reasked it. Judge was not happy.

Oh yea LE find bones then goes around poking around with sticks. Defense made him sound like a cave man.

Defense asked if he could refresh his memory with his printed statement, the guy said yes. Then defense "again" says never mind and moves on.

Dylan probably never got a chance to take his shoes off and relax that night. It makes me sad.

Also, Why do I have a recollection of a photo from where the remains were found that the hill overlooked Mark's house? I've been trying to find that picture and I can't. Maybe I dreamt it.

Who was on the stand and was asked if some LE came over and was poking around the ground with sticks? He asked the question to be refrased---defense didn't refrase it, only reasked it. Judge was not happy.

Oh yea LE find bones then goes around poking around with sticks. Defense made him sound like a cave man.

Defense asked if he could refresh his memory with his printed statement, the guy said yes. Then defense "again" says never mind and moves on.
Was it Sgt Brenner?

Yes it was.
It was around 1:44 mark:

Defense lawyer was condescending to Brenner from the get go, not even addressing him by his correct title. What a d#@k.

Here are a few photos of Middle Mountain Road I took last October, just for reference. This is the general area where Dylan was found. It's a very remote, rugged area and 8000-10,000 feet elevation. Thought some might find this interesting/informative.

5R3A8513_sm.jpg 5R3A8504_sm.jpg 5R3A8509_sm.jpg 5R3A8511_sm.jpg 5R3A8506_sm.jpg 5R3A8487_sm.jpg

For one moment, let's just pause and really think about what is the probability that Dylan's stepdad would be there to see MR driving down Middle Mountain Road.
This just blows me away.
This moment in time changed everything.

I love when coincidences aren't all that coincidental.

For one moment, let's just pause and really think about what is the probability that Dylan's stepdad would be there to see MR driving down Middle Mountain Road.
This just blows me away.
This moment in time changed everything.

I love when coincidences aren't all that coincidental.
And I didn't realize he followed him, checked his house for MR's truck anddddd went back up to Midle Moutain to check on what Mark may have been up to.

Wednesday, June 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 8am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (last seen alive Nov. 18, 2012 when he arrived at airport, reported missing on Nov. 19, 2012, Vallecito; found about 8 miles up Middle Mountain Road, a dirt road that cuts through the San Juan National Forest, about 100 yards from the road, directly off an ATV trail on June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull was found by hikers about 1.5 miles from where his remains were found.) - *Mark Allen Redwine (50 @ time of crime/55/now 58), "father" indicted (6/20/17) & arrested & charged (7/2017) with 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial began on 10/29/20 with jury selection & ended 11/5/20 after Judge Wilson declared mistrial on 11/9/20.
Re-Trial began on 6/14/21 with jury selection & ended 6/21/21 selecting the final 16 & trial will start with opening statements in the afternoon on 6/21/21 (skip 7/3 & 7/4 restart 7/6/21 thru 8/2/21). all @ 8a 12 jurors & 4 alternates (11 men & 5 women).

Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 10/27/20 & Jury Selection (Day 1-6) 10/29/20 to 11/5/20 & 11/9/20 & info to 5/18/21 to 6/11/21 & new jury selection (Day 1-6) 6/14/21 to 6/21/21 & trial (Day 1-6) 6/21/21 to 6/28/21 reference post #142 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2

6/29/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 7: State witnesses: Margaret Russin, FBI agent back on stand. Kevin Brown, former investigator with La Plata Police dept.
See posts #154, 155, 156, 157 & 160 for more info here:
Found Deceased - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #2
Kevin Brown continued. Michael Hall, Dylan's stepfather.
See posts #161, 162, 165, 166, 168, 170 to 175, 177 to 180 for more info here:
Michael Hall continued. Jed Botsford, U.S. Marshall Service. Daniel Patterson, La Plata Sheriff's office investigator (now retired).
See posts #181 to 183, 190, 199 & 200 for more info here:
Daniel Patterson continued.
See post #202 & 214 for more info here:
Sgt. Martin Brenner, La Plata County Sheriff's office. Joe Gabbard, investigator from La Plata County Sheriff's office.
See posts #250, 251, 253, 255 & 260 for more info here:
Joe Gabbard continued. Dep. Tonya Goldbrite, investigator from La Plata County Sheriff's office.
See posts #262, 272 to 274, 277 to 280 for more info here:
Court recessed for the day.
See post 281 for more info here:
Trial continues on 6/30/21.

Dylan probably never got a chance to take his shoes off and relax that night. It makes me sad.

Also, Why do I have a recollection of a photo from where the remains were found that the hill overlooked Mark's house? I've been trying to find that picture and I can't. Maybe I dreamt it.
Yes I remember that too. It seems where the remains were found is a spot visible from Marks home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76