Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I keep thinking about also. If he was 15-16 I would go with the runaway theory, but he was a 10 year old little boy. No matter how much stress he's had, I can't imagine that he wouldn't get homesick/scared after a few days away (if even that). I really think one of two things happened, he met someone online who groomed him and talked him into walking away and now he can't get free (or sadly worse) or something happened while at home.

I am so sad there isn't one link to the sweet guy.

Completely agree. Appreciate some 10 year olds are more advanced than others. Even if he had, which I doubt, some figure in his life who did outdoor stuff with him so he had more familiarity. It's quite a difference for a 10 year old to camp with an adult they feel secure around and can supervise vs on their own with all the weird and wacky things you can hear in forests at night. And it doesn't appear he's taken any kind of equipment or waterproofs to even try to pull it off in the first place.

Completely agree. Appreciate some 10 year olds are more advanced than others. Even if he had, which I doubt, some figure in his life who did outdoor stuff with him so he had more familiarity. It's quite a difference for a 10 year old to camp with an adult they feel secure around and can supervise vs on their own with all the weird and wacky things you can hear in forests at night. And it doesn't appear he's taken any kind of equipment or waterproofs to even try to pull it off in the first place.
No, I don’t think he went camping.

From the article it sounds like there was a man who was missing along the river they were already looking for, so maybe not Xavior. We’ll see.
Yes, the Canton man missing since Nov is age 39 so it shouldn't be difficult for investigators to differentiate if the victim is a child or adult male. I hope one family receives answers about their loved one soon. :(

I just cannot shake thoughts of Harley Dilly when I think about Xavior. I wouldn’t be surprised if Xavior wanted to, and attempted to, run away because of all of the stress and responsibility at home but I agree with others that it is more likely than not, if that had happened and he was able to come back, he would have done so within a day or two at the most. But what if he ran away and had some accident/misadventure shortly after leaving?

I think my instincts are all out of whack lately. I didn’t think Heidi Broussard’s husband had anything to do with her disappearance and I was right. However, I don’t think Xavior’s mother had anything to do with his disappearance, nor do I think Summer Wells’s family had anything to do with her disappearance and I am clearly in the minority on both cases (especially Summer’s…yikes).

I just cannot shake thoughts of Harley Dilly when I think about Xavior. I wouldn’t be surprised if Xavior wanted to, and attempted to, run away because of all of the stress and responsibility at home but I agree with others that it is more likely than not, if that had happened and he was able to come back, he would have done so within a day or two at the most. But what if he ran away and had some accident/misadventure shortly after leaving?

I think my instincts are all out of whack lately. I didn’t think Heidi Broussard’s husband had anything to do with her disappearance and I was right. However, I don’t think Xavior’s mother had anything to do with his disappearance, nor do I think Summer Wells’s family had anything to do with her disappearance and I am clearly in the minority on both cases (especially Summer’s…yikes).
Fortunately what we think happened does not matter one bit, a minority opinion is just as valid. And I agree with you.

i hate to broach this possibility, but is it possible it is like this situation? (see link) this was my friends younger brother, a neighbor groomed him by letting him play video games then progressed to CSA. he had a previous conviction. after it had been going on for awhile the boy told the pervert he was gonna tell his dad so he killed him "because he didnt want to go through that again".

Death penalty case called off

i hate to broach this possibility, but is it possible it is like this situation? (see link) this was my friends younger brother, a neighbor groomed him by letting him play video games then progressed to CSA. he had a previous conviction. after it had been going on for awhile the boy told the pervert he was gonna tell his dad so he killed him "because he didnt want to go through that again".

OMG that is horrible.

In all fairness to the adults in Xavior's life, I think some of the constant, late-night turmoil we've read about could very well have been mom trying to keep her preteen son off of the internet (and safe).

You don't have to look outside of your own local area to read about the effects COVID19 lockdown had on youth and parental discipline -- typically revolving around limiting screentime and access to devices. MOO

Sending prayers and good energy to Iowa.

While I don't disagree with you about the effects of lockdown (I have an 11 year old who knows everything), Their arguing sounds a bit out of the norm (according to neighbors and IMO). One being the neighbor woman who actually reported him missing, which I can't understand the mother not being more concerned especially if the argument was about Xavior having too much screen time.

Definitely a possibility, but if that happened and he never told anyone, and wasn't "seen with" the person a lot like the case you mentioned, could it leave the investigation stalled with no leads? Yikes, what an awful story, I hope your friend is okay.

I was targeted by an attempted groomer as a teen, but my mom recognized the red flags and put the kibosh on it before anything hinky happened to me. Later in life I looked the dude up, and he has a LOT of charges, mostly dismissed or pled down to nothing. Either he's good at plausible deniability or he has good lawyers.

Definitely a possibility, but if that happened and he never told anyone, and wasn't "seen with" the person a lot like the case you mentioned, could it leave the investigation stalled with no leads? Yikes, what an awful story, I hope your friend is okay.

I was targeted by an attempted groomer as a teen, but my mom recognized the red flags and put the kibosh on it before anything hinky happened to me. Later in life I looked the dude up, and he has a LOT of charges, mostly dismissed or pled down to nothing. Either he's good at plausible deniability or he has good lawyers.
she is still devastated on the anniversary and his b day every year. :(

Attorneys for Cristhian Bahena Rivera request hearing delay

“According to court documents, Lowe and Sarah Harrelson had a relationship and lived together before being evicted in 2018.

The defense claims an independent investigation it conducted revealed Lowe may have been one of the last people to see Xavior before his disappearance on May 27.”

The motion focuses on James Manuel Lowe, 50, said to be operating a sex trafficking ring out of 405 East Market, New Sharon, Iowa in the summer of 2018...
The motion says an investigation discovered that James Lowe was in a relationship with Xavior’s mother, SH, and they lived together for a period of time.
Not one to jump on the “every missing person abducted by traffickers,” but :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa