CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

View attachment 290907

This photo is from 1/29/17. I am bad with cars... do you guys think this could be Elaine's car? I think it is the location where the car was found. (I circled the car that might be hers in red)

Is there any chance you’d be able to share the hashtag this one was associated with? I’d like to ask for Insta profile but I don’t think that’s allowed?

Is there any chance you’d be able to share the hashtag this one was associated with? I’d like to ask for Insta profile but I don’t think that’s allowed?
I feel like this could really be her car! The angles seem to line up with the pictures from her car being found

Attachments

• 130516D1-30B7-4F93-AB24-DBDB4FB20121.png
    130516D1-30B7-4F93-AB24-DBDB4FB20121.png
    549.8 KB · Views: 80
Hi All! <modsnip> while I have taken a bit of a summer “pause” from working on WS cases, I plan to continue in the fall/winter, and I will be picking up my work on this case. Due to WS policies around social media (understandable) and me wanting to play it safe, I will not be posting my updates here (about my web scraping efforts/ anything that could lead to an innocent person’s name on this forum). <modsnip> I whole heartedly believe that there is a pic or video that can give answers to WHEN Elaine’s car arrived at where it was found, and that might give some answers (or open another can of worms) as to what happened to Elaine. My new job has me working with Facebook web scraping and image recognition AI (things I did not use with this case yet), and I’m taking that as a sign that there is more to be done in my mission to bring closure to Elaine’s loved ones. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this could really be her car! The angles seem to line up with the pictures from her car being found
Hi! Btw, your post might get deleted due to violating TOS, but I also believe that may be her car. I have shared the image with Elaine’s mother and she agrees it could be as well. However, having visited the location, the spot where this car is pictured is not exactly where Elaine’s car was found. What that concludes? I can’t say.

We appreciate that members are wanting to help solve Elaine's case, but at Websleuths it must be done in accordance with Websleuths rules that have existed for many, many years ... and for very valid reasons.

Please read TOS / The Rules that everyone agrees to upon joining Websleuths.

These are just some excerpts from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

Inviting is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as Check your PMs or PM me posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

DELETING POSTS and CLOSING THREADS

WS Administration has the right to close any thread, and to delete any post, which we deem inappropriate. The decision to close a thread, or to delete or edit a post is solely ours. We adhere to a strict policy of striving to maintain interesting and productive discussions for the benefit of the WS community.

As such, threads that create an unnecessary amount of conflict, and serve no constructive purpose, may be closed at the discretion of the WS staff.

In addition, moderators will exercise their discretion to delete individual posts which are inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise violate TOS (including the rules and etiquette outlined herein). While moderators are not required to provide a reason for post removal, they will try do so when time permits.

Be aware that if you quote a post which warrants removal, your post is subject to deletion, as well. If a post has been removed, do not refer to it or discuss it further on the thread.

[...]

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

All we ask is that you read The Rules of this site and if there is something that you do not understand, private message a Mod or Admin and we will try to clarify.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

@data_nerd_2005 - you mentioned "street signs that said no parking 2AM-4AM". If you remember exactly where the signs were, maybe you could check Google Maps historic street view to see if those signs were there 4 years ago. From a certain viewpoint on street view, there's actually Jan 2017 imagery of the exact spot Elaine's car was found - you'll see the blue and white small bus.

People sleeping in cars seems to have increased considerably in the past 4 years and maybe those signs were more recently installed to discourage doing so in the area. If the signs were there in 2017, you have a great point about the absence of a parking ticket. If they were not there, maybe that could explain why a car could sit there for 5 days without getting a ticket or towed. LA is about as fervent as NYC in ticketing illegally parked cars.

Looks like the put the No Parking Signs up in 2020: Malibu To Consider Limiting Overnight PCH Parking

It does look like Elaine's car. I have to go back to see the timeline from when her car was found and try to piece something together. I've never been to the area but I know so many who live near there.

<modsnip> while I have taken a bit of a summer “pause” from working on WS cases, I plan to continue in the fall/winter, and I will be picking up my work on this case (lol at any hope of LE solving it — just MOO). <modsnip> I whole heartedly believe that there is a pic or video that can give answers to WHEN Elaine’s car arrived at where it was found, and that might give some answers (or open another can of worms) as to what happened to Elaine. My new job has me working with Facebook web scraping and image recognition AI (things I did not use with this case yet), and I’m taking that as a sign that there is more to be done in my mission to bring closure to Elaine’s loved ones.
I went back on Instagram and searched certain hashtags like calamigos in which there was a wedding and band that weekend where her car was found, you can go back to the time she was missing if you have time to scroll searching certain hashtags or locations on IG everyone’s been reaching out to those people asking for any other picture or videos. I’m also new here

Why
MISSING GLENDALE WOMAN'S CAR FOUND IN MALIBU WITH KEYS, PHONE INSIDE
1734737_630x354.jpg

Missing Glendale woman's car found in Malibu with keys, phone inside
Why did it take two days to report her missing ? I’m slowly going through everything . I am from SA so crazy enough I stumbled across the ToLiveandDieLApod podcast . Heartbreaking

So,

Initially MSM reports she was last seen Saturday morning.

Not Saturday night by boyfriend?

Reports LE is retracing her known locations from Glendale, Calabasas, Malibu.

Malibu because her car was found there or they KNOW she was in Malibu?

No confirmation that she was with the boyfriend or did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
So upon hearing as far as I have gone in the toliveanddieLa podcast , she woke up early tht morning in a panic (according to bf) she left . The cameras got her leaving and then shortly after a plate cam got her exiting from what I gather is a protected area or estate of some sort. There is a tiny portion of footage that was messed up by Police when they were coping the film.

C
So upon hearing as far as I have gone in the toliveanddieLa podcast , she woke up early tht morning in a panic (according to bf) she left . The cameras got her leaving and then shortly after a plate cam got her exiting from what I gather is a protected area or estate of some sort. There is a tiny portion of footage that was messed up by Police when they were coping the film.
copying sorry.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Hey Shane, I love your enthusiasm for this case… but we can only reference Main Stream Media reports ( I have that correct right?). We can’t reference social media or podcasts that aren’t produced by main stream media. A bunch of posts were deleted and lost due to podcasts being referenced.

I’d hate for good info to be lost when this forum gets purged again. Possibility just say whatever you think or feel but don’t mention the name of any podcasts and keep the dialogue going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking in. I find this one really strange from what I saw of vehicle activity on that highway when I visited that area some time after it happened. I can't believe no one saw anything! (Of course, we don't if LE doesn't have a witness or witnesses of some sort. They just didn't provide enough info - e.g., they saw the car but didn't see anyone with it.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back