SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
*2 points of interest, in my opinion only:

911: "Did you hear anything or did you come home and find them?"

AM: "I've been gone, I just came back."

911: "I don't want you to touch them at all..."

AM: "I already touched them to see if they were breathing."

ETA: How did AM know immediately they had been shot? Would that have been crystal clear the second he saw them, lifeless on the ground? Not only was it dark, but would he have been able to see gunshots? Or just lots of blood?

Im wondering if he saw them at a distance in his headlights and got out of his car to walk up to them and check breathing. Because he said something like I’ve gotten up to them.

I cant believe coming upon them he didn't run for shelter or drive out of there. I guess he was totally in shock, but he wasn't necessarily safe — he didnt know if shooter was still around.

JMO.

*2 points of interest, in my opinion only:

911: "Did you hear anything or did you come home and find them?"

AM: "I've been gone, I just came back."

911: "I don't want you to touch them at all..."

AM: "I already touched them to see if they were breathing."

ETA: How did AM know immediately they had been shot? Would that have been crystal clear the second he saw them, lifeless on the ground? Not only was it dark, but would he have been able to see gunshots? Or just lots of blood?

Im wondering if he saw them at a distance in his headlights and got out of his car to walk up to them and check breathing. Because he said something like I’ve gotten up to them.

I cant believe coming upon them he didn't run for shelter or drive out of there. I guess he was totally in shock, but he wasn't necessarily safe — he didnt know if shooter was still around.

JMO.
"They're on the ground out at my kennel."

This wording makes it sound like maybe he had gone to house and wasnt standing near tje bodies. Although later he turns his car flashers and then it seems he is near his car. Maybe timing and his movements are hard to catch with redactions.

The Redacted 911 call transcript, shows the Coroner arrived "On Scene" at 11:04 p.m.

The Coroner reported the times of death as between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m.

This leads me to wonder whether A.M. gave the Coroner information that perhaps A.M. had been on the phone/or text with either Maggie or Paul just before 9:00 p.m.

If so, that would have helped with the T.O.D.

JMO

CAD_Report_Redacted.pdf

EXRAY1 - Harvey, Richard

EXRAY1
06/07/21 22:38:06 | Dispatch
06/07/21 22:38:10 | Enroute
06/07/21 23:04:39 | On Scene
06/07/21 23:20:02 | Clear Alarms
06/08/21 03:13:10 | Clear Alarms
06/08/21 06:00:22 | On Duty
06/08/21 06:16:46 | Dispatch
06/08/21 06:16:54 | Arrived At (Location: Colleton Medical Center)
06/08/21 06:42:31 | On Duty

Last edited:
The information that wasn’t redacted included details about a deputy asking to get a tent to put over evidence while crime scene technicians worked, another deputy who outlined where he put crime scene tape and other officers asking nearby homes and businesses if they have surveillance cameras pointing toward the road.

Judge may order authorities to release new details in Lowcountry killing of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh
And those things are all just common sense, whether the decedent's family is wealthy, or homeless.

When Paul was drunkenly driving that boat and MB said she was scared, why didn't two people restrain him and someone else take over driving!? Guessing they were too young to think of that?! Or afaid because it was his boat and afraid of "Timmy"!?

Chances are, they were as intoxicated as he was.

What about 911 call needed to be redacted? I understand blacking out AM's phone # but what else?

I think she just instructed him, twice, to put his hands up when LE arrived.
I found it extremely frustrating listening to the gaps in the call. She did not say “they are on their way, eta x minutes,”etc. He had to ask several times. Why didn’t she reassure him without having to be asked? A simple “they are enroute now and are x minutes away” would have been very helpful.

He was all prepared when he called. He uttered the pertinent data in his first sentence (paraphrasing): “this is Alex Murdaugh, I need police and ambulance at 4147 Moselle Rd immediately, my wife and child have been shot...”

She then fumbled around for 6 minutes? What’s the address? What color’s the house? What’s your name? I’d have hung up, too, and called someone to help me.

Last edited:
Beyond what others have already posted about the call:

Alex appears to be making the call at some distance from the kennels because later in the call he tells the dispatcher he is going to head back out there. (So, he doesn't appear to be alert to or concerned about a continuing threat in the vicinity of the bodies or in his path to them.)

The dispatcher has told Alex that units are on their way and asks him to turn on his emergency flashers so that police can see where he is once they arrive. He does so and tells her he has done so. Then, he tells her he wants to make calls to family members.

So, he wants to end the 911 call so he can make a call to family members.

I personally find that odd.

Totally agree with you. Why doesn't he think he’s in danger?

Totally agree with you. Why doesn't he think he’s in danger?

How do you know he didn't think that ? I believe he was in shock and disbelief and trying to help his family members. If PM was as disfigured from the shotgun blasts as reports have it, I couldn't imagine driving up on that, getting out of the car, and seeing the carnage.

I found it extremely frustrating listening to the gaps in the call. She did not say “they are on their way, eta x minutes,”etc. He had to ask several times. Why didn’t she reassure him without having to be asked? A simple “they are enroute now and are x minutes away” would have been very helpful.

He was all prepared when he called. He uttered the pertinent data in his first sentence: “this is Alex Murdaugh, I need police and ambulance at 4147 Moselle Rd, my wife and child have been shot...”

She then fumbled around for 6 minutes? What’s the address? What color’s the house? What’s your name? I’d have hung up, too, and called someone to help me.

I was always taught from childhood, if you have to call 911, first sentence give your location/address and name so they can immediately get some help rolling and they don't have to take the time to use caller ID for a location if you get cut off.

I think AM wanting to get off call was also weird, like wouldn't you want to be on the phone with the dispatcher until police arrived in case the shooter showed up again?

Perhaps so, but the dispatcher asked him to describe the color of the house and Alex responded that it is white, but that it is not visible from the road. So, apparently the dispatcher didn't know. (ETA: And, I'd expect the dispatcher to be more knowledgeable than many.)

People probably knew where the Ms lived but not necessarily their house number — I can find my friends’ homes from memory but need to look up the street number to address a letter.

The Redacted 911 call transcript, shows the Coroner arrived "On Scene" at 11:04 p.m.

The Coroner reported the times of death as between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m.

This leads me to wonder whether A.M. gave the Coroner information that perhaps A.M. had been on the phone/or text with either Maggie or Paul just before 9:00 p.m.

If so, that would have helped with the T.O.D.

JMO

CAD_Report_Redacted.pdf

EXRAY1 - Harvey, Richard

EXRAY1
06/07/21 22:38:06 | Dispatch
06/07/21 22:38:10 | Enroute
06/07/21 23:04:39 | On Scene
06/07/21 23:20:02 | Clear Alarms
06/08/21 03:13:10 | Clear Alarms
06/08/21 06:00:22 | On Duty
06/08/21 06:16:46 | Dispatch
06/08/21 06:16:54 | Arrived At (Location: Colleton Medical Center)
06/08/21 06:42:31 | On Duty
Thank you for this Zencompass! Redactions shown more clearly on this pdf..

The 2 cars towed was a 2019 Silverado and a 2021 Suburban BOTH owned by AM's law firm.

Thank you for this Zencompass! Redactions shown more clearly on this pdf..

The 2 cars towed was a 2019 Silverado and a 2021 Suburban BOTH owned by AM's law firm.

Something interesting on the June 8 police report PDF (p.1) is the address for Richard Alexander Murdaugh. I thought they sold the Holly Street home in April.

The address given for M&P is the Moselle property.

Under call log (p.4), line 22:45 says something about 515 Holly Street and “vict”(son). Can someone translate that line? Was that where PM living with AM but above they show PM address at Moselle.

Sorry, I dont have much experience reading these reports.

Last edited:

He was all prepared when he called. He uttered the pertinent data in his first sentence (paraphrasing): “this is Alex Murdaugh, I need police and ambulance at 4147 Moselle Rd immediately, my wife and child have been shot...”

I agree. I don't blame him for hanging up, what's the point of listening to her breathe when he could be calling someone to give him the support he needed. MO that dispatcher was horrible. Long gaps of silence, unless it's all redacted stuff. She didn't say anything to help to keep him calm and focused. That kind of thing wouldn't have needn't to be redacted. She needs retraining asap. Or find a new profession. Or if that's how they treat every call, the whole dept. needs to redo their training and protocol. This is not the experience I have had in dispatching. MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member