Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
GH and his caller speculate that the police have other video of BG leaving the area, probably surveillance footage.

But why, then, would LE not release this? If it exists, info about the killer's path out might be the trigger for someone who saw something along that route to come forward.

I wonder this too. If footage exists, why not share it? But then again, LE seems to think they need to keep almost everything to themselves in this case (that or there isnt much evidence to share maybe.)

GH and his caller speculate that the police have other video of BG leaving the area, probably surveillance footage.

But why, then, would LE not release this? If it exists, info about the killer's path out might be the trigger for someone who saw something along that route to come forward.

Totally agree with this. I think they have security video from somewhere. Probably poor quality but very important I think.
I’ve always thought one of the key things in this case was how and in what direction the killer left the scene. We’ve had a lot of discussions about that in the last four years.
I just don’t see how not releasing that information helped in investigation.

Ive wondered this as well but, like many things in this case, LE's words can be taken to mean more than one thing and they never clarify what they mean. "All over" could mean the murder itself, could mean staging, could mean the perp was gone completely/or just on his way out, etc. I wonder if maybe there were some other cameras somewhere that they may have caught a glimpse of him leaving? Trail cams (if they existed?) or maybe from a business that had security cams?

It’s also possible “all over by 3:30” could’ve been established by someone crossing the bridge at that time who observed nor heard absolutely nothing unusual. IIRC there was a woman who claimed to have been out and about taking photographs of the bridge around that time, who has been discussed here?

Does anyone one know off hand if the discussed time of the crime being "all over by 3:30" was before or after the PC introducing the new "early sketch" and request for information on a vehicle parked in the CPS lot?

reasons I think JBC is a serial killer

location, location, location.. his parole record and residence history including homelessness put in the vicinity of several unsolved crimes

Height and weight of BG seems to match

physicality the build appears to be a match

homelessness, living in wooded areas possibly with dogs

the quickness of the crimes within earshot and eyeshot match somewhat the risk factor JBC is willing to endure and may even excite him rather than scare him

his obtuse references on Facebook

the tattoo of bleeding eyes on a young girl and as we know he did this in Layfayettte

attempt to trap murder and conceal his victim from LE

JBC was already on LE radar

JBC worked on Trestle bridges as a welder

everything is dead silent and really ..within days LE cleared DN and said he was not of interest....so why not just clear JBC? hmmm....they cannot clear him.

mOO

Does anyone one know off hand if the discussed time of the crime being "all over by 3:30" was before or after the PC introducing the new "early sketch" and request for information on a vehicle parked in the CPS lot?

I’m not 100% sure but I’m pretty sure the “all over by 3:30” remark was made after the 2019 press conference with the young guy sketch. In fact I thought it was made just earlier this year.
Someone else might know for sure.

The most recent reference I can find is in this article from Feb 17, 2021. Q&A session with Tobe Leazenby. I included a snippet below as well as a question related to killed where found since we've talked about that recently.

That being said, it doesn't answer when 3:30 was first mentioned (at what press conference). Still searching on that.

County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers | Carroll County Comet

Q. It has been stated in a press conference that “it was all over by 3:30 on Feb 13.” This statement was based on what information?

A. Evidence. I do not recall a specific time though but rather a time line.

Q. Has it been determined the girls were killed where they were found?

A. Based on information known, yes.

I think maybe taking killed where they were found a bit too literally killed where found could be an area ...like one side of the creek and the other side of the creek etc..I don't think they meant that the bodies were not moved. mOO

I think maybe taking killed where they were found a bit too literally killed where found could be an area ...like one side of the creek and the other side of the creek etc..I don't think they meant that the bodies were not moved. mOO
You're right. Might not mean much more than, "Forget any scenario with an offsite barn or shed."

It’s also possible “all over by 3:30” could’ve been established by someone crossing the bridge at that time who observed nor heard absolutely nothing unusual. IIRC there was a woman who claimed to have been out and about taking photographs of the bridge around that time, who has been discussed here?
yes .. there was this girl .. but I dont think thats enough ? cause the father also arrived on the scene and heard nothing even tho BG was allegedly still there..
I also point out that no locals and no one who visited the bridge recalled any cam on the trails ...
I am also sure le have pointed out that they dont kno how/from where he exited the scene.. so the cctv is very unlikely in my opinion

Ive wondered this as well but, like many things in this case, LE's words can be taken to mean more than one thing and they never clarify what they mean. "All over" could mean the murder itself, could mean staging, could mean the perp was gone completely/or just on his way out, etc. I wonder if maybe there were some other cameras somewhere that they may have caught a glimpse of him leaving? Trail cams (if they existed?) or maybe from a business that had security cams?

Great post.

Until recently I didn't think they had much beyond the CS on RL's property. As others here have pointed out there are residential properties along C.R. 300 and I think a few businesses, then there are the farms which are businesses.

There had been trouble in the gorge in the past, mainly drug activity I think. A property or properties along 300 on the south side of the road very well may have had a camera say in a backyard, also the family who live across the road could have had one pointed towards the spot where the girls were dropped off, which may have picked up someone way in the background leaving via the main trail.

Early on I was convinced he left via the cemetery, but that doesn't make sense to a killer. Why not conceal as well as you can after you've killed someone, including his appearance? I've driven the roads around the general area in question, and walked the trails. Makes sense to me that LE have camera footage of someone, albeit most likely with little or no detail. Maybe not a frontal shot at all, which could be why they released the still images and then the video in 2019. There really was no reason for him to leave via the cemetery, too risky besides a vehicle sitting there with no one around it could have looked suspicious. Also walking 300 would have been risky.

Very well could be Andersons had cameras turned on, however they're not very busy that time of year so who knows? I still maintain BG somehow knew there were no cameras close enough to the trails for there to be any clear video or still images of him, I'm convinced he'd been there before, perhaps many times.

I included a SS from Google Earth of the main trail area and some properties along there, the CPS building, etc. March of 2005, looks like a recent snowfall had passed through, great for contrast. Walking the main trail last year I saw a barn backed up close to the main trail, there's a business that would have been close to the CPS building, too. Possibility a camera there briefly caught BG as he was walking to a vehicle at the CPS building.

Attachments

• Main trail Delphi 3.05.jpg
    Main trail Delphi 3.05.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 71

<modsnip - no link to approved source>

I don't believe law enforcement ever referenced "over by 3:30" until Leazenby's Q&A, but I'm not sure about that.

As Falling Down pointed out, a camera catching Bridge Guy from a distance makes a heck of a lot of sense, especially in the trailhead area and not long after 3:30. The Mears structures are directly across County Road 300 from the drop off point. I'll attach a photo below, looking downward toward the drop off point from the trailhead. The red roof is a Mears barn. If a camera in that area caught a fleeting glimpse of Bridge Guy heading back toward the Freedom Bridge area at let's say 3:35, it jives with the notion of "over by 3:30" and also the rumor that Bridge Guy was still on the premises for 20+ minutes after Derrick arrived:

<modnsip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If the suspect dumped his coat after the crime, where would he have put it? It would have been found during the next day's search unless he took it with him.

How many years have to pass by before they release more information? I feel like there's something they're holding back that would trigger someone's memory.

If the suspect dumped his coat after the crime, where would he have put it? It would have been found during the next day's search unless he took it with him.

How many years have to pass by before they release more information? I feel like there's something they're holding back that would trigger someone's memory.
Could have dumped it at the crime scene and poured chemicals over it perhaps...jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903