UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are very good questions.
Since Claudia was not seen on post office cctv there is a good chance she was in the car with him !

If thats the case then theres a good chance you could have a male and a female each carrying a mobile emitting a live signal bouncing off the same towers at the same time.
If mobile phone tracking data was more accurate than we were lead to believe tracing individuals who were at the same location at the same time as Claudia could reveal a person who was in Claudias company up to the point her fone was powered down.

If thats the case then theres a good chance you could have a male and a female each carrying a mobile emitting a live signal bouncing off the same towers at the same time.
If mobile phone tracking data was more accurate than we were lead to believe tracing individuals who were at the same location at the same time as Claudia could reveal a person who was in Claudias company up to the point her fone was powered down.
Her phone and Claudia are not forced to be together at switch off. HOWEVER - they key time is 8.23pm on the 18th to 10am on the 19th as we know her phone remained near her home.

Her phone and Claudia are not forced to be together at switch off. HOWEVER - they key time is 8.23pm on the 18th to 10am on the 19th as we know her phone remained near her home.

Can I ask why you say 10.am on thurs 19th? .. NYP say her phone was switched off at 12.10pm on Thursday 19 March
Claudias mobile phone is switched off

Last edited:
Can I ask why you say 10.am on thurs 19th? .. NYP say her phone was switched off at 12.10pm on Thursday 19 March
Claudias mobile phone is switched off
Claudia Lawrence's phone was still active near home four hours after she failed to turn up for work | Daily Mail Online
interesting it states in the article - Handsets can be placed within the arc of the vector, but not a specific location.
then it contradicts itself when it says -But investigators would treat it as her location until it was ruled out, he added.
we know because of previous cases such as Holly and Jessica that mobile signals can be pin pointed

Claudia Lawrence's phone was still active near home four hours after she failed to turn up for work | Daily Mail Online
interesting it states in the article - Handsets can be placed within the arc of the vector, but not a specific location.
then it contradicts itself when it says -But investigators would treat it as her location until it was ruled out, he added.
we know because of previous cases such as Holly and Jessica that mobile signals can be pin pointed

Yes a lot of information put out there just seeks to confuse..
If you have the time to look back in the earlier threads someone did calculate the area that the phone would have transmitted the signal from.. from memory it think it involved transmitting off 2 or three masts around York and used the 120 degree arc/sector showing where the signal bunces overlapped. sorry I didnt save it perhaps someone else has it on file.

It would disappointed to say the least if we were led to believe the calls were made from her house soley on the fact that her mum innocently assumed she was watching the same tv programme from her home.

Given the capabilities of GCHQ and the technology they have to hand I find it difficult that pinpointing a mble location would be a problem.

And remember Galloway was head of Intelligence at the time.

Yes a lot of information put out there just seeks to confuse..
If you have the time to look back in the earlier threads someone did calculate the area that the phone would have transmitted the signal from.. from memory it think it involved transmitting off 2 or three masts around York and used the 120 degree arc/sector showing where the signal bunces overlapped. sorry I didnt save it perhaps someone else has it on file.

It would disappointed to say the least if we were led to believe the calls were made from her house soley on the fact that her mum innocently assumed she was watching the same tv programme from her home.

Given the capabilities of GCHQ and the technology they have to hand I find it difficult that pinpointing a mble location would be a problem.

And remember Galloway was head of Intelligence at the time.
It was not solely on what her mum surmised . As we know now there was an image of ‘someone ‘ going into her house at the time Claudia was meant to be ( going into her house ) This from the camera opposite her house .

It was not solely on what her mum surmised . As we know now there was an image of ‘someone ‘ going into her house at the time Claudia was meant to be ( going into her house ) This from the camera opposite her house .

That was some 5 hours earlier PJ and NYP say they are not sure if she was at home when she made/received those calls they say 'we think'

Where they might just be covering all possibilities it leaves it open eneded particulary as they say she is not caught on cctv leaving the house at anytime after she arrived home on the 18th making how she disappeared even more mysterious.

Last edited:
That was some 5 hours earlier PJ and NYP say they are not sure if she was at home when she made/received those calls they say 'we think'

Where they might just be covering all possibilities it leaves it open eneded particulary as they say she is not caught on cctv leaving the house at anytime after she arrived home on the 18th making how she disappeared even more mysterious.
Unless they have said that to you specifically, that isn’t the case. They have stated “she wasn’t seen anywhere on the 19th”

Look no further.

According to this article her phone was still active near her home at 10am on the morning of the 19th - doesn’t that suggest she never walked to work that morning?
"Near her home" is not the same as "her home", I think. If she was at a neighbour's house, it might be, that nobody knows exactly. (We talked about CL leaving her home from the back entrance, going to the next property across the alley possibly.) To take the charger with her (IF so) makes only sense, if she needed it at a different location than her own home.

"Near her home" is not the same as "her home", I think. If she was at a neighbour's house, it might be, that nobody knows exactly. (We talked about CL leaving her home from the back entrance, going to the next property across the alley possibly.) To take the charger with her (IF so) makes only sense, if she needed it at a different location than her own home.
This is a question for cold case - it’s stated her phone charger was in her house in some media reports and in others it’s missing - what is the answer?

I’ve done quite a bit of research locally on this case opened a thread for Marsha a few months ago. It’s in the 1990’s ‘Missing but not forgotten section’ with various links. I’d love to hear what others think.
I have not read anything apart from the links - on the face of it - it doesn’t look sinister - can you give me anymore info?

On a slightly more positive note, it might be 12 years since claudia dissapered but today someone has been arrested for a well known murder not too far from me which took place in 1999,so I suppose there is always hope

Where does it say a camera picked up an image of claudia, opposite her house?Sorry I have missed that piece of information x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa