MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

Interesting. I tended to believe this was a stranger, but everything I read up till now said LE believed she knew her killer. (And yet besides her ex-boyfriend, LE focused on a person Alexandra probably didn't know.) I really thought if this was someone she knew LE would be able to narrow down the field.

So now I'm back to my theory that this was someone who has been out there before. Possibly shooting his shotgun or some other gun like a .22. I imagine LE canvassed the residents on that road about hearing someone shooting out there in the past or at least I hope they did. Asking residents about vehicles that day five years ago is really stretching the limits of memories.

Interesting. I tended to believe this was a stranger, but everything I read up till now said LE believed she knew her killer. (And yet besides her ex-boyfriend, LE focused on a person Alexandra probably didn't know.) I really thought if this was someone she knew LE would be able to narrow down the field.

So now I'm back to my theory that this was someone who has been out there before. Possibly shooting his shotgun or some other gun like a .22. I imagine LE canvassed the residents on that road about hearing someone shooting out there in the past or at least I hope they did. Asking residents about vehicles that day five years ago is really stretching the limits of memories.

Court TV ran this story again tonight. Interesting that the parents want tips made to the CrimeStoppers tip line.

They've also added to the reward fund. Five years ago, there was so much focus on former boyfriend and LE refused to clear him. Today, it is believed to be random. That's quite a leap.

It sounds like the (former?) boyfried has been cleared. He attracted a lot of attention by failing a polygraph, attacking anyone who doubted him (also in this forum) and by accusing the parents of the murder. I wasn't sure what to think about all that. In my mind it was about 50-50 whether it was the (ex) boyfriend or a stranger. The police never really explained why they were thinking that she knew the perpetrator.

A stranger, attempting assault or kidnapping etc, seems like a possibility. Alexandra was short and the perp(s) could have believed she was easy
to overpower. Unfortunately I am pessimistic now. There doesn't seem much to go on. The police has no DNA or finger prints as far as we know,
only some shells. There were no witnesses, except for someone seeing a speeding white car around that time but this may or may not have been related.
If anyone has any info, I hope they will come forward.

It sounds like the (former?) boyfried has been cleared. He attracted a lot of attention by failing a polygraph, attacking anyone who doubted him (also in this forum) and by accusing the parents of the murder. I wasn't sure what to think about all that. In my mind it was about 50-50 whether it was the (ex) boyfriend or a stranger. The police never really explained why they were thinking that she knew the perpetrator.

A stranger, attempting assault or kidnapping etc, seems like a possibility. Alexandra was short and the perp(s) could have believed she was easy
to overpower. Unfortunately I am pessimistic now. There doesn't seem much to go on. The police has no DNA or finger prints as far as we know,
only some shells. There were no witnesses, except for someone seeing a speeding white car around that time but this may or may not have been related.
If anyone has any info, I hope they will come forward.

Hi Black Squirrel, good to "see" you.
The only stranger scenario I could imagine would be gang initiation. There seems to be a fair amount of gang activity surrounding Detroit, and satellite hubs around it. That's really the only scenario I can think of.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Parents of murdered Oakland County jogger hope tipster will come forward (clickondetroit.com)

Family marks 5 years since Ally Brueger’s death

OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. – Ally Brueger was shot and killed along a dirt road near her home in Rose Township on July 30, 2016. Since then, her parents have never stopped working to find her killer.

This year, Nikki and Franz Brueger marked five years since their daughter was killed. Franz Brueger still takes walks along the road almost every day.

“You know, what went through her mind when she got to that spot?” Franz Brueger said...

Nikki said investigators initially told the family they believed Ally was the victim of a targeted attack, and Ally knew her killer. But she said now they're telling her they no longer believe that.

"They created this false sense of security. Not only in Rose Township, but in Holly, in Fenton, in Highland, in all of the surrounding areas,” Nikki said.

"Because what I did, it prevented people that had tips thinking that this case was going to get solved right away so, and ya know, most people do not want to get involved,” Nikki said.

But they want to know who killed their daughter and why. They hope a $20,000 reward entices a witness or informant to come forward.

“It's not too late if they saw something. And it's not that hard to pick up a phone. You can stay anonymous,” Nikki said.
Parents look for answers in daughter’s unsolved murder
*I’m so glad to see any movement on this case. Ally needs justice.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Some posts have been removed. Reddit and random podcasts are not approved sources at Websleuths and the only WS members who can state information as fact without MSM or LE links are verified case insiders.

Members can discuss all sorts of things in private messaging, but on the public thread, information must be supported by MSM, LE, verified insiders, or other approved Websleuths sources.

If this is random - which I've believed is the most likely scenario - this is going to be TOUGH to solve. I'm not ruling out a targeted murder since it is possible the killer was aware of her route.

I also believe this is random and that the killer is deceased. Which is heartbreaking for her family because they aren't getting answers.

JMO/YMMV
Wow! Not only random, but the killer being deceased. Won't be the first time though.

“It was a stranger that killed our daughter. It was a stranger that pulled the trigger,” Nikki Brueger said. “Just the very fact that I can say this to the public. That it’s a stranger that pulled the trigger. I hope encourages someone that has a tip, that has some information that has been quiet to now free themselves of that information.”

The reward for information leading to an arrest in the cases is up to $20,000. Ally Brueger’s parents said for the first time in a long time, they feel hopeful someone will come forward with information that could help police track down her killer.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-Speak Up. All tips to Crime Stoppers are anonymous. Click here to submit a tip online.
Parents of murdered Oakland County jogger hope tipster will come forward

If someone "is coming around quickly" (Delphi case 2017, unsolved)) and has a possible connection to East Lansing in 2016, is staying there for a nice visit to a friend perhaps, is driving around for one of his occasionally needed thrill-kills (assuming here!), he could have met AB planned/unplanned (Internet stalking??) on her jogging route. If young girls were his usually target, Alex would have matched at least the optics (her mother said, from behind Alex looked like a teenager).
If there was a white car, it could have been borrowed by the friend in East Lansing or another friend or could have been a rental one. The car was neither damaged nor soiled, so no problem.
If it is a killer, who is "smartly" always changing the type of victim (also number of victims), the type of weapon, the sequence of events at the crime scene AND even changing the federal state, I don't wonder, why so many cases are still unsolved after years. MOO
I am the deleted member (through some technical problems and errors), and I say "hello" to you all. :) Wanted to know today, if there is progress in case Ally, but unfortunately there isn't. Sad. :(

Well, I checked the internet to see if there are any updates or articles since last summer. One paragraph in a Fenton newspaper on 29 Dec 2021. That's it. It doesn't appear like LE is really shaking the tree for tips. And while it was on a rural road it happened in front of someone's house, in daylight and on a road. Its amazing this killer was that bold. Its even more amazing that in spite of that boldness, the killer hasn't been caught yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back