GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

First time posting here but been following all the threads. I live in Peterborough and Bernadette went missing on my birthday. I've been following it since I first heard about it as everything is so close to home. I saw them searching the lock up etc. I don't think it's had the right media attention at all so it's been nice to see you guys so dedicated to her/finding out the truth.

Maybe completely unrelated but I'm sure I've seen some posts on here about The Barn Garden Centre? Someone just posted on Facebook there's 3 police cars searching the bushes opposite. Like I said probably completely unrelated but Bernadette and the mention of TBGC on this thread was my first thoughts. I'm going to keep an eye on it.

Edit - the post was only just posted but apparently it was around 330pm. Im guessing it was something unrelated as I'm sure it would of been mentioned elsewhere. I'd like to think they were continuing to search for her though.

I never thought this was a possibility but the more Cecil mentioned it, I started leaning to that area. I went down there two weeks back, but it’s all fenced off as they are placing a new bridge there. It was all cones, lane closures and no access.

I sadly feel it will be a rambler, dog Walker or (unfortunately) a kid playing that will uncover this :(

I may have remembered the name wrong (sorry not good with names) but isn’t there a dci cecil on here who kept saying about barn and northborough. I wasn’t convinced, but the more I saw the actual evidence, it started to lean that way

Could we clarify which the barn garden centre we are discussing. There is 2 garden centres called the barn in peterborough so to avoid confusion could it be the garden centre in oundle ?? or the barn by cherry lane.
Thanks

I'm sure it was the cherry lane one that was being searched today. A few people thought it could be linked to bernadette too. Apparently that area was searched previously by police but I'm not 100% on that, just what someone said.

A regional journalist successfully fought to name a dead victim of alleged sexual abuse after her murderer’s lawyers argued she was still alive and therefore entitled to anonymity.

Peterborough Telegraph chief reporter Stephen Briggshas revealed how both he and PA had to battle to identify Bernadette Walker, whose adoptive father Scott Walker was found guilty of her murder at Cambridge Crown Court.

Walker’s defence had argued at the start of his trial that as their case was that Bernadette was still alive, she was automatically entitled to lifelong anonymity.

Revealing the courtroom battle on Twitter after 51-year-old Walker’s conviction on Monday, Stephen wrote: “There was an interesting side note at the start of the trial – something that could have meant we were not able to cover the trial at all, but PA and ourselves approached the court to make sure we could.

“Basically, as you may be aware, if anyone makes allegations they have been sexually abused, they are given automatic lifelong anonymity.

“In this case, Bernadette had made those allegations, and would be entitled to that anonymity.

“The defence case was that she was still alive, and would still be entitled to that anonymity. When we approached the judge, the court said it was a situation that no-one had come across before.

“If the judge had agreed with the defence that until a guilty verdict came in on murder, Bernadette should be treated as being alive, we would effectively not have been able to report the case.

“However, the judge said we were able to report that aspect of the case.”

https://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/...lawyers-wanted-to-treat-as-living-sex-victim/

Wonder if anyone from here has put forward potential deposition sites?
That was my thinking too. Or do the police ever look on WS themselves(?).

Or they may have had a meeting after the trial to look over their evidence again and get a fresh perspective? They would presumably be looking over everything they have including stuff not in the trial.

I really hope they can devote more time and funds to do a thorough job

That was my thinking too. Or do the police ever look on WS themselves(?).

Or they may have had a meeting after the trial to look over their evidence again and get a fresh perspective? They would presumably be looking over everything they have including stuff not in the trial.

I really hope they can devote more time and funds to do a thorough job
Maybe now the case has made the national news it may have jogged peoples memories that were previously unaware of Bernadettes murder? Let's hope more come forward and the Police start searching again with renewed purpose .

Your trust in our Criminal Courts is admirable, however miscarriages of justice do happen.
What exactly makes you think there has been a miscarriage of justice in this case? Do you think both are not guilty or just Sarah? It is not enough to say I don't believe the evidence end of. You must have more than that to prove the verdict was wrong in your opinion.

Maybe now the case has made the national news it may have jogged peoples memories that were previously unaware of Bernadettes murder? Let's hope more come forward and the Police start searching again with renewed purpose .
Good point. I was hoping there would be a reconstruction after she went missing, to help jog peoples' memories, but they don't seem to be a thing nowadays. Or maybe the police didn't feel they had anything useful to work with because Scott's descriptions of her "running away" were so vague.

Everybody should definitely not feed the troll because he is certainly looking for reactions to his outlandish statements and no doubt once a body is found will spout another weird statement.

Police no doubt look at stuff on here and social media but I’d imagine they have a theory where they want to search. Also helps that the more media coverage is given the more people come toward (albeit you get a lot of incorrect information but it’s definitely worth it).

Everybody should definitely not feed the troll because he is certainly looking for reactions to his outlandish statements and no doubt once a body is found will spout another weird statement.

Police no doubt look at stuff on here and social media but I’d imagine they have a theory where they want to search. Also helps that the more media coverage is given the more people come toward (albeit you get a lot of incorrect information but it’s definitely worth it).
They may truly believe it I guess, and I don't think it's always possible to convince someone of facts. Some people (not me) may believe B is still alive and the parents not guilty, but how on earth they can come to that conclusion I don't know. I guess it's the lack of a body, and the thought that anyone could murder their daughter/stepdaughter would also be hard to take in, perhaps they can't reconcile that with their own knowledge of or relationship with those convicted.

I don't think they would find much agreement with their point of view on here, from what I can tell most of us on WS and elsewhere see the verdicts as correct and justice done. But I do accept that a minority would feel/believe differently.

We should welcome new ideas, but not ignore facts. The facts are they were both found guilty. One unanimously without a doubt of murder. The other by majority for perverting the course or justice in concealing a murder (after pleading guilty to a lesser charge). Yes mistakes do happen, but it’s up to them to prove it now.

no more stories, silly excuses, lies and nonsense…tell us what happened. The body will be discovered eventually, it just may take a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa